• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General MIUI 12.5 Stable Xiaomi.EU (Poco F3, Mi 11x, Redmi K40)

Search This thread

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
100% sure, Debloater does not list all the system apps.

I think it's a MIUI 12 thing, the developer has to update app accordingly.

I've used Systemize, for my purposes I don't need the app.

100% sure? This is MIUI 12 debloater showing.
Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Did you install Busybox for Android NDK?
Debloater may need it to work better.
Screenshot3.jpg

Saphira209

Jun 8, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
There is a new stable eu rom 12.5.4, has anyone updated yet?
Also what is the fastest way to have root again after flashing rom update? Do I need to patch the boot.img and fastboot flash it everytime? Can the old patched boot.img from previous rom version still work or do I always have to take the new one from the update zip?

Reactions: FlexWheeler

ApexPrime

There is a new stable eu rom 12.5.4, has anyone updated yet?
Also what is the fastest way to have root again after flashing rom update? Do I need to patch the boot.img and fastboot flash it everytime? Can the old patched boot.img from previous rom version still work or do I always have to take the new one from the update zip?
Rename magisk apk file to magisk.zip and flash it

Jason_Lim

Jun 9, 2020
are there any post of youtube for beginners ? to install Xiaomi EU Rom from Global stable Rom.
What are the steps needed, and what preparation must be done before changing from global stable to xiaomi EU and the risk. ( For Poco F3)

Will Xiaomi EU able to get OTA update like in global ? So that I dont have to manually update everytime.
Thank YOu.

Last edited:

Perru

Jun 4, 2015
are there any post of youtube for beginners ? to install Xiaomi EU Rom from Global stable Rom.
What are the steps needed, and what preparation must be done before changing from global stable to xiaomi EU and the risk.

Will Xiaomi EU able to get OTA update like in global ? So that I dont have to manually update everytime.
Thank YOu.
No YT, but a few pages before, see here for example: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui-12-5-stable-xiaomi-eu.4267741/post-85172759

CRNO

Jul 15, 2014
What are the steps needed, and what preparation must be done before changing from global stable to xiaomi EU and the risk. ( For Poco F3)

Thank YOu.
+

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Welp, now I don't care about updating system apps manually since Xiaomi.EU weekly does it for me every weekly update.

Of course Xiaomi.EU also updates system apps, but the updates are a much longer wait and sometimes don't update certain system apps because they deem the older versions as more stable (more testing done) even if the specific newer system app is a stable release.

I'm currently using Magisk Debloater as reccomended by pl1992aw, but as I previously mentioned Debloater does not list all the system apps installed (I use APK Analyzer to see all the apps installed).

As a result, I use ADB AppControl and ADB/Fastboot Tools (it sees all the apps as listed on APK Analyzer) to uninstall/stop the rest of the system apps Debloater does not list and I don't want on my phone.

I just wonder how Xiaomi.EU weekly updates reacts to Magisk Debloater since the module does do something different to a system app that is uninstalled/stopped by Debloater and hides the uninstalled/stopped system apps from other app management apps like APK Analyzer, SD Maiden and Titanium Backup from seeing them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is rooting xiaomi.eu as easy as flashing magic via twrp? Also does rooting desable any features and make fingerprint issues, banking apps etc?
    And my last question is, can we still update the rom via the update section if we root it?

In general, how can we have root on this rom and what are the draw backs?

Just dump the payload bin and get the boot img and find these things out for yourself. So many banking apps out there that don't care if you are rooted so only you can test this.

Can somebody list the differences between the xiaomi eu and the global?

Everybody keeps saying "features", but nobody actually says the features itself.

It makes it difficult to decide whether to go custom or stay truly stock.

I used to own a samsung, knox kinda gave me a phobia of customs 😅

there is no need for Xiaomi EU rom... its basically the same as Global, the only differences would be the Xiaomi Dialer, Messages and Email and some other things like that which you can get in any rom by Systemizing them. Even the email app you can just grab off of apk mirror and install.

Its a pretty terrible rom, and most people are risking a softbrick anyway since TWRP is a mess, a tragic recovery that doesn't operate properly on Poco F3.

Stick to Global, if you want root search for the origianl tgz images and grab the boot.img and use Magisk flash method.

Literally not worth installing a borked rom like X-EU
    Thank you! I read that it is possible to do this even without formatting the data, you say it creates problems?
    OneOS is different. If u get errors in booting, format data. You can move from Xiaomi.EU stable to beta without formating data.
    Just dump the payload bin and get the boot img and find these things out for yourself. So many banking apps out there that don't care if you are rooted so only you can test this.

there is no need for Xiaomi EU rom... its basically the same as Global, the only differences would be the Xiaomi Dialer, Messages and Email and some other things like that which you can get in any rom by Systemizing them. Even the email app you can just grab off of apk mirror and install.

Its a pretty terrible rom, and most people are risking a softbrick anyway since TWRP is a mess, a tragic recovery that doesn't operate properly on Poco F3.

Stick to Global, if you want root search for the origianl tgz images and grab the boot.img and use Magisk flash method.

Literally not worth installing a borked rom like X-EU
    couldn't agree more, even the custom miui roms still contain the worthless bloat like scanner and music and miui video player and their worthless themes app , not worth it is right ! stay on the global if your a miui fanboy !! if you want a real rom switch to Arrow being the most stable out of all the custom roms just my 2 cents!!!
    @DeathStroke47 can I ask you a question? I am on the stable .eu 12.5.6, I would like to try the weekly, if I flash the last weekly and format data, does it work?
    It will work
    The flashing instructions mentioned in op as Flashing via twrp is still applicable to Poco F3 or is it an outdated instruction? Since I have seen that owners are only installing via fastboot with a script...so what's the right process kindly guide.
    Flash a stock fastboot rom if you are on any AOSP rom to prevent errors while flashing.
    xiaomi.eu-fi.png

Stable MIUI 12.5 is now released by Xiaomi.EU and this thread is for discussion about xiaomi.eu stable releases.

Download Links:-

Installation Instructions (TWRP):-
    • Unlock your bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    • Install TWRP via fastboot mode
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (Only needed for first install)
    • Flash rom
    • Reboot to system
    Latest Changelog:-
    • Bugs Fixes And Performance Improvement
    • July 2021 Security Patch
    I can't find an answer for this exactly yet, but:

To install, the Xiaomi.Eu instructions say to flash from China Rom.

I'm assuming that my Poco F3 comes with Global.

Do I need to flash the Global to Chinese ROM, and _then_ Flash the Xiaomi.Eu rom?

Cheers!
    No need, you just have to unlock your bootloader, then boot into fastboot, connect the phone to your laptop/pc. then double click on the bat file to run the fastboot installation script in the rom zip file after you extract it. You can follow the full guide here:

I just updated from the previous stable to 12.5. So far the only bug i encountered was the live wallpaper which i had set was automatically changed to default static one and when i tried to set it back, it would just show a black screen instead of the wallpaper but i fixed it by setting it again but from the theme store this time, where i originally downloaded it from. I'll report any other bugs if i encounter them.
    Generally it would be nice to give a feedback after a helping advice or give at least a like. First of all it's just nice and polite and second, it motivate to help other people as well. I'm here more than 10 years and may be I'm old school. I know time change and it's no offense! Thanks all together.
    Idk, you're making yourself so confuse while it's such a simple thing.

You want xiaomi.eu, right? So.

Download this rom - Xiaomi.Eu - Rom & flash it via fastboot. U just need to go to fastboot on mobile and use the windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat, or if u have mac, use the mac one, or the linux one.
    It will flash it automatically, just let it do the work.

After booting, set up the pattern lock, the swiping line thing one, after that go to fastboot again, and on your PC type:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot boot twrp.img (if u type fastboot boot and hold & drag the twrp.img file to the cmd tab, it will automatically "write" the location of the file) - use this one twrp.img - PC
    It will sucessfully boot into twrp, and then u will flash the twrp.img in your phone, u choose the twrp.img and u flash it to "install recovery ramdisk" - flash this img in twrp, so u stick with twrp - Twrp.img - flash on mobile while on twrp

After that, u can flash this update/ota in twrp, the miui 12.5.3 - 12.5.3 miui - flash on twrp

Done, u have your phone updated and with xiaomi.eu rom flashed.
    Thank you very much for the given hints/support, i will try this and then report the results here.

UPDATE:
    I promised to report my results here, so...
    I first thought about trying to flash my device via linux (mint) but at least i didnt want to end up in a bricked device or not knowing how to proceed (i'm not a linux-profi) so i did it in windows10 based on the infos i had before and the support of LiNe1771 here on line above in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui-12-5-stable-xiaomi-eu.4267741/post-85171517.

My full procedure (sorry, it sounds like flashing for noobs, but with new deivices every 2 or 3 years i'm still no professional flasher) was:

1. backup all photos and settings from the device and do a last sync (google etc.), as data will be lost
    2. download twrp from here https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=325130 or here https://www.mediafire.com/file/5s0aswy33rflylu/TWRP.img (seems to be the same)
    3. rename the downloaded twrp*.img to twrp.img
    4. download and extract xiaomi.eu 12.5.2.0 from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv12/ (the newer 12.5.3.0 at same source doesnt have the scripts included, but also download it, you can use it later for updating directly to newest version)
    5. download and install adb-setup-1.4.3 from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ds-adb-installer-v1-4-3.2588979/post-48915118 to PC
    6. reboot PC (to make sure, windows has drivers etc. found and finally installed)
    7. set phone to fastboot mode (power + volume-down)
    8. open powershell in Windows
    9. connect to PC (usb2-port, not usb3)
    10. test correct device-recognizing via "fastboot devices" in windows-powershell (should find the connected device and show its device number)
    11. in windows-powershell start the script found in the extracted xiaomi.eu 12.5.2.0 zip with command "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat" (in the same directory as it is regularly extracted, so it finds the needed imgs in the subfolder there)
    12. wait for successful end the script (especially the last part 7 of 7 lasts longer, dont panic)
    13. phone reboots automatically (let the phone connected to usb)
    14. poco-Logo / bsssst / MIUI-logo / MIUI-Startsound
    15. wait... (felt like 3 minutes, dont panic)
    16. First-install-GUI / configuration wizard comes up
    17. enter SIM-PIN
    18. complete the personal setup without installing a security PIN and without installing any fingerprint (account, WIFI, restore apps etc.) (dont know if that was neccessary, but i had time and didnt want to restart all)
    19. wait for the phone automatically restoring everything from cloud-backup / playstore
    20. manually reboot phone to fastboot mode (power + volume-down)
    21. twrp starts automatically (phone is still connected to usb)
    22. manually copy twrp.img from PC to phone into directory ./download
    23. in twrp choose the twrp.img from the directory ./download and flash it to "install recovery ramdisk"
    24. (i suggest, you normally could stop here and disconnect and reboot, because twrp and rom are now installed, but i wanted to flash the latest rom immediately in this procedure:)
    25. dont reboot, let the phone connected to usb
    26. manually copy xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip (not extracted) from PC to phone directory ./download
    27. in twrp choose install ./download/xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11 (no zip verification) and swipe to flash
    28. wait for "...done" in twrp
    29. reflash twrp.img to "install recovery ramdisk" (i read to do this after every manually rom-flash)
    30. wait for "...done" in twrp
    31. disconnect phone
    32. reboot phone
    33. poco-Logo / bsssst / MIUI-logo / MIUI-Startsound
    34. wait... (felt like 3 minutes, again dont panic)
    35. gui comes up, tadaaa, ready

Thank you.
    Perru