• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General MIUI 12.5 Stable Xiaomi.EU (Poco F3, Mi 11x, Redmi K40)

Search This thread

deathhated

Sep 5, 2019
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Xiaomi Poco F3
Screenshot_2021-09-26-14-14-34-472_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Installed yesterday, just have my regular social media apps and some stuff. Any way I can determine exactly what the battery drain is?

qu4k3r

Aug 14, 2021
Earth
www.idsoftware.com
dirty flash from previous version?
Yes, if previous was stable and not weekly you can dirty flash. Takes a few minutes - very fast.

Although, I downloaded it to my PC and copied it over via USB connection instead of upgrading by the phone's updater button. I read that both ways are fine. One person suggested the PC route because it was faster, but I figure the F3 has Wifi 6 and I have a Wifi 6 router so it should be fast either way. Maybe next time I will try the phone's updater button in Settings. ;)

deathhated

Sep 5, 2019
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Xiaomi Poco F3
Dirty flash while downgrading is not recommended but you can still try. Or either switch to Casanova 12.5.14 which is based on xiaomi.eu stable and better.
Have you tried casanova? What's the pros and cons compared to xiaomi.eu? Also, can I dirty flash casanova 12.5.14 over xiaomi.eu 12.5.14? What do I need to wipe without losing files?

royjason0101

Oct 8, 2021
It seems like this rom is good for general use but always remember to customize the performance to get a better outcome. In some cases battery performance is also effective after the use of this update stable rom.

khald basko

Oct 17, 2021

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is rooting xiaomi.eu as easy as flashing magic via twrp? Also does rooting desable any features and make fingerprint issues, banking apps etc?
    And my last question is, can we still update the rom via the update section if we root it?

In general, how can we have root on this rom and what are the draw backs?

Just dump the payload bin and get the boot img and find these things out for yourself. So many banking apps out there that don't care if you are rooted so only you can test this.

Can somebody list the differences between the xiaomi eu and the global?

Everybody keeps saying "features", but nobody actually says the features itself.

It makes it difficult to decide whether to go custom or stay truly stock.

I used to own a samsung, knox kinda gave me a phobia of customs 😅

there is no need for Xiaomi EU rom... its basically the same as Global, the only differences would be the Xiaomi Dialer, Messages and Email and some other things like that which you can get in any rom by Systemizing them. Even the email app you can just grab off of apk mirror and install.

Its a pretty terrible rom, and most people are risking a softbrick anyway since TWRP is a mess, a tragic recovery that doesn't operate properly on Poco F3.

Stick to Global, if you want root search for the origianl tgz images and grab the boot.img and use Magisk flash method.

Literally not worth installing a borked rom like X-EU
    dirty flash from previous version?
    Yes, if previous was stable and not weekly you can dirty flash. Takes a few minutes - very fast.

Although, I downloaded it to my PC and copied it over via USB connection instead of upgrading by the phone's updater button. I read that both ways are fine. One person suggested the PC route because it was faster, but I figure the F3 has Wifi 6 and I have a Wifi 6 router so it should be fast either way. Maybe next time I will try the phone's updater button in Settings. ;)
    ATM I`m on the latest miui eu stable. Can I flash the latest miui weekly while preserving the data?
    You can do it.
    Just dump the payload bin and get the boot img and find these things out for yourself. So many banking apps out there that don't care if you are rooted so only you can test this.

there is no need for Xiaomi EU rom... its basically the same as Global, the only differences would be the Xiaomi Dialer, Messages and Email and some other things like that which you can get in any rom by Systemizing them. Even the email app you can just grab off of apk mirror and install.

Its a pretty terrible rom, and most people are risking a softbrick anyway since TWRP is a mess, a tragic recovery that doesn't operate properly on Poco F3.

Stick to Global, if you want root search for the origianl tgz images and grab the boot.img and use Magisk flash method.

Literally not worth installing a borked rom like X-EU
    couldn't agree more, even the custom miui roms still contain the worthless bloat like scanner and music and miui video player and their worthless themes app , not worth it is right ! stay on the global if your a miui fanboy !! if you want a real rom switch to Arrow being the most stable out of all the custom roms just my 2 cents!!!
    Iam on 21.6.9 how to update to the latest version without losing data ..pls thanks 🙏😊
    Updating from beta to stable need data format. You can update from beta to beta by flashing rom in twrp without data wipe.
    xiaomi.eu-fi.png

Stable MIUI 12.5 is now released by Xiaomi.EU and this thread is for discussion about xiaomi.eu stable releases.

Download Links:-

Installation Instructions (TWRP):-
    • Unlock your bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    • Install TWRP via fastboot mode
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (Only needed for first install)
    • Flash rom
    • Reboot to system
    Latest Changelog:-
    • Bugs Fixes And Performance Improvement
    • August Security Patch
    I just updated from the previous stable to 12.5. So far the only bug i encountered was the live wallpaper which i had set was automatically changed to default static one and when i tried to set it back, it would just show a black screen instead of the wallpaper but i fixed it by setting it again but from the theme store this time, where i originally downloaded it from. I'll report any other bugs if i encounter them.
    I can't find an answer for this exactly yet, but:

To install, the Xiaomi.Eu instructions say to flash from China Rom.

I'm assuming that my Poco F3 comes with Global.

Do I need to flash the Global to Chinese ROM, and _then_ Flash the Xiaomi.Eu rom?

Cheers!
    No need, you just have to unlock your bootloader, then boot into fastboot, connect the phone to your laptop/pc. then double click on the bat file to run the fastboot installation script in the rom zip file after you extract it. You can follow the full guide here:

Generally it would be nice to give a feedback after a helping advice or give at least a like. First of all it's just nice and polite and second, it motivate to help other people as well. I'm here more than 10 years and may be I'm old school. I know time change and it's no offense! Thanks all together.
    Battery was never a concern for me unlike most people here with a massive standby drain. However, one thing I can say for sure is that the battery life in xiaomi.eu is better than that of the stock rom.