• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General MIUI 12.5 Stable Xiaomi.EU (Poco F3, Mi 11x, Redmi K40)

Search This thread

hexisg

Feb 5, 2015
you have a closed beta of android 12 xiaomi.eu?
L.E. i just seen that they have released first a12 beta on xiaomi.eu , seems like a fstboot version.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollDload

mrmaxedtank

Oct 22, 2021
Hey everyone,

I have a few questions that are probably simple for you, but I can't seem a straight answer to: I am a fairly early adaptor of the Poco F3 and I have installed the xiaomi.eu rom pretty much immediately using the adb install script that came with the first xiaomi.eu build (12.5.2.0(RKHCNXM)). Normally I prefer to wait and use TWRP to flash rom, but that wasn't available yet at the time.

By now TWRP is (more or less..) available and I'd like to update the xiaomi.eu rom because I'm a bit behind and am having some connectivity problems that I hope can be resolved by updating (GPS unstable, 4g/5g often has difficulties reconnecting to the network when I lose my connection in elevators or parking structures..).

My questions:
  1. Can I flash TWRP following the steps here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/best-method-to-install-twrp-on-poco-f3.4313205/ without wiping my data?
  2. Can I then just use TWRP to flash the new rom (again: without wiping my data)? I imagine it's possible but I'm quite a few builds behind.
Thanks in advance, if necessary I'll have to wipe the data, but in that case it'll take a while before I can find the time for these changes.

Edit: no problems blindly flashing 12.5.14 over 12.5.2 after installing twrp. Battery life seems to have taken a hit but I seem to remember that was the same for a few days after initially flashing the EU rom.

Last edited:

pegasoc

Hi,
I have a POCO F3 with AOSP Syberia, I would like to install Xiaomi.eu stable, which version do you recommend? How should I proceed?
Will I receive future updates on my phone or should I download them from the site?
I have already unlocked the phone, started TWRP via pc, Magisk installed...

Thanks.

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
Hi,
I have a POCO F3 with AOSP Syberia, I would like to install Xiaomi.eu stable, which version do you recommend? How should I proceed?
Will I receive future updates on my phone or should I download them from the site?
I have already unlocked the phone, started TWRP via pc, Magisk installed...

Thanks.
Hi!
I'm on xiaomi.eu 12.5.14 (the last stable), it works well, for the moment I have not detected any relevant bags, the battery life is also good, I recommend it!
To flash it you need to have twrp, preferably this version:

Also because the previous version is included in the installation package of the eu rom.
Yes, once a new stable update is released, the notification will arrive, but you will still have to flash it with twrp, let's say it is not as automated as the stock.
You will definitely have to reflash the magisk, also because you will have to format data and in any case the installation overwrites the boot partition.
DON'T FORGET A BACKUP!

Reactions: pegasoc

pegasoc

Hi!
I'm on xiaomi.eu 12.5.14 (the last stable), it works well, for the moment I have not detected any relevant bags, the battery life is also good, I recommend it!
To flash it you need to have twrp, preferably this version:

Also because the previous version is included in the installation package of the eu rom.
Yes, once a new stable update is released, the notification will arrive, but you will still have to flash it with twrp, let's say it is not as automated as the stock.
You will definitely have to reflash the magisk, also because you will have to format data and in any case the installation overwrites the boot partition.
DON'T FORGET A BACKUP!
Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Can I install Xiaomi.eu directly from rom Syberia or do I need to install the stock rom first?
Is there a step by step guide to follow starting from the situation I am in?

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Can I install Xiaomi.eu directly from rom Syberia or do I need to install the stock rom first?
Is there a step by step guide to follow starting from the situation I am in?
Honestly I don't know if the flash works when switching from syberia, it works fine from stock though you could try, at most if it doesn't work, flash the stock with miflash.

The steps are quite simple
1) download the rom and put it on the phone;
2) download the twrp that I linked to you and put it in the platform tools folder (where you have adb and fastboot in practice) renaming the file to twrp.img (so it's easier);
3) go to the platform tools folder or where you have adb and fastboot and in the address bar type cmd and press enter, (a prompt window should open);
4) make sure you have enabled usb debug in developer settings then restart the phone in fastboot mode (from the phone off, long press power and volume -, then connect it to the pc);
5) check if the phone is recognized with:
fastboot devices
6) if it is recognized you can start the twrp with:
fastboot boot twrp.img
7) the phone should boot into twrp then go to install and look for the rom you put before then flash;
8) when it finishes, (it takes a while) go back and go to wipe, then advanced wipe then format data;
9) now reboot in the system, the first start takes a while, wait, if everything went smoothly it should start.
Happy flash! If there are any problems please ask

pegasoc

2) download the twrp that I linked to you and put it in the platform tools folder (where you have adb and fastboot in practice) renaming the file to twrp.img (so it's easier);
Just to make sure I'm not making a mistake, the file I downloaded is a zipper, that's what I need to rename without unzipping it, right?

Solved, I had downloaded the source files.

Last edited:

pegasoc

ah ok, in fact the file to download is .img...
If you like, let us know how the flash went
Hi,
I flashed directly to the Syberia rom and everything went well. Thanks for the guide you gave me.

Now I have to root the phone, install Magisk... do you have a guide to install everything quickly?

P.S.
In the settings my phone is seen as Redmi K40, is it not possible to make it POCO F3?

Last edited:

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
Hi,
I flashed directly to the Syberia rom and everything went well. Thanks for the guide you gave me.

Now I have to root the phone, install Magisk... do you have a guide to install everything quickly?

P.S.
In the settings my phone is seen as Redmi K40, is it not possible to make it POCO F3?
Very good! I'm glad it worked without causing any problems. It's a pleasure to be helpful, don't worry! 😏

So, to install magisk and maintain twrp there is this guide which explains each step very well:

Regarding the name displayed in the settings I don't think it can be changed because xiaomi.eu is based on the Chinese version of the miui software and in China it is called k40. Our f3 is basically a rebrand for the global market

Reactions: pegasoc

pegasoc

Very good! I'm glad it worked without causing any problems. It's a pleasure to be helpful, don't worry! 😏

So, to install magisk and maintain twrp there is this guide which explains each step very well:

Regarding the name displayed in the settings I don't think it can be changed because xiaomi.eu is based on the Chinese version of the miui software and in China it is called k40. Our f3 is basically a rebrand for the global market
Great, root and Magisk are also fixed.
Thanks again.

Hopefully in the future they will put the ability to do updates via mobile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new update for stable rom is up. Version number 12.5.18
    Has anyone tried yet? Any noteworthy changes?
    I installed it yesterday, dirty flash on 12.5.14, at the first start I saw the search bar on the home screen (I don't remember if it was there before), There are October security patches and in battery > battery, the optimized charging function was added, then in the battery settings I noticed the scenarios option (I don't remember if there was even before) then everything else seems the same to me.
    A new update for stable rom is up. Version number 12.5.18
    Has anyone tried yet? Any noteworthy changes?
    when u take screenshot then press into the pict you will see in down new functions added for write into the pict
    I guess 12.5.18 is the last A11 update
    Im just eager to see how miui changes on miui 13. Otherwise what's the point to have a12 without the visual changes.
    who noticed the battery life become worst on update 12.5.18 ?
    xiaomi.eu-fi.png

Stable MIUI 12.5 is now released by Xiaomi.EU and this thread is for discussion about xiaomi.eu stable releases.

Download Links:-

Installation Instructions (TWRP):-
    • Unlock your bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    • Install TWRP via fastboot mode
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (Only needed for first install)
    • Flash rom
    • Reboot to system
    Latest Changelog:-
    • Bugs Fixes And Performance Improvement
    • October Security Patch
    I just updated from the previous stable to 12.5. So far the only bug i encountered was the live wallpaper which i had set was automatically changed to default static one and when i tried to set it back, it would just show a black screen instead of the wallpaper but i fixed it by setting it again but from the theme store this time, where i originally downloaded it from. I'll report any other bugs if i encounter them.
    I can't find an answer for this exactly yet, but:

To install, the Xiaomi.Eu instructions say to flash from China Rom.

I'm assuming that my Poco F3 comes with Global.

Do I need to flash the Global to Chinese ROM, and _then_ Flash the Xiaomi.Eu rom?

Cheers!
    No need, you just have to unlock your bootloader, then boot into fastboot, connect the phone to your laptop/pc. then double click on the bat file to run the fastboot installation script in the rom zip file after you extract it. You can follow the full guide here:

Generally it would be nice to give a feedback after a helping advice or give at least a like. First of all it's just nice and polite and second, it motivate to help other people as well. I'm here more than 10 years and may be I'm old school. I know time change and it's no offense! Thanks all together.
    Battery was never a concern for me unlike most people here with a massive standby drain. However, one thing I can say for sure is that the battery life in xiaomi.eu is better than that of the stock rom.