• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MIUI 12.5 wifi issues

Search This thread

AlexPinote

Sep 17, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hi, today I received the EU update to MIUI 12.5 - 12.5.1.0(RFAEUXM) . However, now my Mi 9 can't connect to wireless networks. I already tried restore the network defaults and then the factory reset without success. Any ideas?
The behavior is - I move the switch to turn on, seems like it is on but no networks are displayed. If I move away to other apps and then look again for wifi switch, it is off again. I feel some lag when I go into wifi settings pages and after turn the switch on.

AlexPinote

Sep 17, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9
No, I don't :/

I already looked into logcat and seems related with the wifi driver the issue:

07-12 16:42:33.989 846 846 E [email protected]: Failed to write driver state control param: Invalid argument
07-12 16:42:33.989 846 846 E [email protected]: Failed to load WiFi driver
07-12 16:42:33.989 846 846 E [email protected]: Failed to initialize firmware mode controller
07-12 16:42:33.989 846 846 E [email protected]: Wifi HAL start failed

It's complicated just live with mobile data and a limited plan until a new update. I believe that I can't reflash because I don't have the Mi 9 unlocked and to unlock it I should wait (360h I believe). I already tried the "download latest package" from "about phone" but I still have the wifi issue.

Downgrade or flash another ROM should work but as I said I have the phone locked.

dukynko

Aug 5, 2010
Bratislava
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hi, today I received the EU update to MIUI 12.5 - 12.5.1.0(RFAEUXM) . However, now my Mi 9 can't connect to wireless networks. I already tried restore the network defaults and then the factory reset without success. Any ideas?
The behavior is - I move the switch to turn on, seems like it is on but no networks are displayed. If I move away to other apps and then look again for wifi switch, it is off again. I feel some lag when I go into wifi settings pages and after turn the switch on.
I updated to the same version and have no problem with WiFi.

Dagabix

Dec 22, 2020
I first experienced this issue after updating my mi 10t global to 12.1.3. It's a known bug and has been discussed at greater length on the mi community website. It remains unfixed in the 12.5.1 update.

However, there is a temporary solution that will allow you to reconnect to your wifi network. You'd have to change your ip settings from dhcp to static, and enter the relevant digits. That's it.

On a separate a note, 12.1.3 also introduced a mobile data bug that remains unfixed in 12.5.1. If you've set a private dns provider hostname under private ip, you will no longer be able to use mobile data. You'd have to toggle this setting to off or auto to get mobile data working again.

Reactions: pplu00

Higorhg

Jul 29, 2021
I first experienced this issue after updating my mi 10t global to 12.1.3. It's a known bug and has been discussed at greater length on the mi community website. It remains unfixed in the 12.5.1 update.

However, there is a temporary solution that will allow you to reconnect to your wifi network. You'd have to change your ip settings from dhcp to static, and enter the relevant digits. That's it.

On a separate a note, 12.1.3 also introduced a mobile data bug that remains unfixed in 12.5.1. If you've set a private dns provider hostname under private ip, you will no longer be able to use mobile data. You'd have to toggle this setting to off or auto to get mobile data working again.
how did you do it? how did the wifi work?

Dagabix

Dec 22, 2020
how did you do it? how did the wifi work?
If you're able to see your wifi network name listed under wifi assistant or available networks, even if it's not active/connected you should be able to press the arrow on the right and enter the settings for that network. Here you'd have to change ip address from dhcp to static, then enter the relevant digits in the spaces that appear below (assuming you know what they are). Then press the tick up at the top right to save before exiting.

john_matrix

Nov 22, 2008
France
This is definitely not the same problem.
Our issue is about the Wifi that is not working at all, no wireless networks, no connection, phone constantly crashing when entering Wifi menu.
Also, there is an issue with GPS Localisation (maybe related to the wifi as the phone is using wifi to have more accurate result).

Have received again today the 12.5.1.0 update and the issue is still here...

Reactions: pplu00

pplu00

May 1, 2013
Moto G6 Plus
Redmi Note 10
Our issue is about the Wifi that is not working at all, no wireless networks, no connection, phone constantly crashing when entering Wifi menu.
Also, there is an issue with GPS Localisation (maybe related to the wifi as the phone is using wifi to have more accurate result).

Same here, but the static IP roundabout don't works :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.