Miui 12 based on Android 11 General |Discussions| Bugs| Features

Search This thread
u can try with package installer, download recovery zip rom and try to flash..this method will not work every time but since xiaominrolled back update maybe verification of older rom will proceed.

The downgrading MIUI 10 ROM via recovery ROM is only possible with the same kind of ROMs. For example, if you want to downgrade MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM then you need to download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM and flash it via the Mi Updater app. It is worth important to note that the Recovery ROM doesn’t work every time, so it’s better to go with the above fastboot method.
  1. Download MIUI 12 Recovery ROM and save it to your device storage.
  2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your device.
  3. Now you need to tap on the three-dot menu option (‘…’ icon) located at the top-right corner. if u don't see this option tap on "12" logo mire time to unlock that options.
  4. Select “choose update package
  5. Select the downloaded recovery ROM which you have saved to device storage in Step 1.
  6. Confirm!

MIUI V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM Redmi K30 Pro / POCO F2 Pro Global Stable Release
Changelog:
-System
Stable MIUI based on Android 11
Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020. Increased system security.
-Camera
New: 3 new AI watermarks
New: New templates for vlogs
New: Vlogs can be now saved as drafts
Optimization: New vlog templates and presets will be available for downloading from the cloud from now on

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.2.4.0...phttps://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM/ miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM_682e9ad14f_11.0.zip

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Changelog:
-System
-Camera
Optimization: New vlog templates and presets will be available for downloading from the cloud from now on

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.2.4.0...phttps://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM/ miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.4.0.RJKMIXM_682e9ad14f_11.0.zip
not a Global Stable Release but a beta stable.

Reactions: Sebring74

IMG_20210108_225258.jpg

Recently updated to 12.2.4 global "stable" but having a few very irritating bugs
Full screen gestures no longer works on 3rd party launchers(have to use on screen navigation).
As mentioned before recents tab doesn't work on 3rd party launcher.
Don't think this is the problem of the launcher as it was working before the update but google discover now not working on 3rd party launcher. (I use Lawnchair v2 by the way)
Hoping for some fix for full screen gestures and recents on 3rd part launcher soon

Reactions: himan7991

LuZ_booyadude

Jul 8, 2012
Recently updated to 12.2.4 global "stable" but having a few very irritating bugs
Full screen gestures no longer works on 3rd party launchers(have to use on screen navigation).
Don't think this is the problem of the launcher as it was working before the update but google discover now not working on 3rd party launcher. (I use Lawnchair v2 by the way)
Hoping for some fix for full screen gestures and recents on 3rd part launcher soon

Do you have issue with contact? Mine is empty even though already sync.

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
Another issue i found: casting from Spotify (I assume it affects other apps as well) to chromecast no longer works as should - it stops after each song.
When MIUI optimisation is disabled, then it works. No other settings changed.

Volume controls (vertical sliders) still disappear when casting - this bug is present since day one on this phone (older MIUI versions as well). This means when you cast, you can't control volume of anything other than what's being cast.

eddie1

Afar from the bugs on the latest 12.2.4
I just want to state what good things I found.
There is also one bug where the carrier info msgs are displayed in andorid's material theme not the miui feel and look.
As for the good stuff
Battery is much better for me
It used to be like 10% overnight now it's about 5%
Even onscreen battery usage is better
After 4 hours of texting and an hour of standby I got from 80% to 60% It used to get to 50% more or less
Somehow the overall feel and smoothness of the interface is better , maybe I'm imagining this but this is what I feel. It's still a bit buggy and not quite realme or oneplus fast but it's kinda better
Hopefully it'll get better with next updates, looking forward to miui 12.5
(Although the poco f2 pro is much behind when it comes to updates xiaomi used to have more stable updates and a bit smoother or at least more consistent experience idk what's going on with this particular device)
I want to ask about custom roms are they smoother and have less battery consumption or it it the same as miui?
Last time I tried flashing xiaomi.eu I got the sd card not being recognized no matter how much I tried and miflash saved me.
Turns out twrp still has lots of problems with android 10, new version is here and it's supposed to solve these problems but it's not out for the poco f2 pro yet.
I relocked the bootloader and got back to official firmware

Reactions: H2ckerNorg

himan7991

Jun 27, 2016
Athens
MIUI 12.2.4 - The Good, the Bad, the Weird and the Suggestions

Hi all.

I've been hesitant to update for the past week or so, but I just updated my Poco F2 Pro to MIUI 12.2.4, and here is what I found (good and bad)

The good
  • Home automation in the Control Center
  • SUPER IMPORTANT - Lock screen fingerprint sensor (seems to) no longer fade the colors of the screen when enabled 🙌🏻
  • Lowest brightness (aka 0% aka slider all the way down) seems to be lower than it used to be in 12.0.4 🙌🏻
  • EDIT 4 (2021-01-29) New landscape version of the Control Center 🙌🏻
The bad
  • Trying to access the Recent apps crashes the Launcher
    • Even though I am using Nova, trying to open the Recent apps crashes the Poco launcher
      • EDIT (2021-01-26): After reading a couple more replies, this is a thing only with custom Launchers
      • EDIT 2 (2021-01-27): After a patch yesterday, trying to access the Recent apps no longer crashes the POCO launcher. It doesn't do anything but at least it doesn't crash it.
  • Fullscreen gestures don't work, at all.
    • The bar at the bottom is not responding
    • The back gestures from the side also don't work
      • EDIT: After reading a couple more replies, this is a thing only with custom Launchers
  • The buttons are annoying
    • Even though the device is set to dark theme, the background of the buttons bar is set to white
  • Home automation
    • Having the home automation in the Control Center doesn't allow you to close it with a single swipe
      • On a positive note, you can turn it off in the settings
    • Even though they are there when I try to add smart devices to the Menu, when I select them and press Done they show up as missing
  • STILL can't rearrange the "big" tiles on the CC
  • STILL can't set a lock screen wallpaper from the launcher
  • I don't know if this is an MIUI thing or a Facebook Messenger thing, but since I updated the Messenger bubbles use the Android 11 style and it looks like this.. [Screenshot 1]
    • Notice how the keyboard is covering the message input field
    • When you close the bubble, next time it appears is in the middle of the keyboard (where the Dismiss ring is) [Screenshot 2]
    • In the notifications, the Like button is not properly aligned [Screenshot 3]
  • Searching in the Settings and clicking on an item STILL doesn't take you to the item, it takes you to the category. This means that if you're looking for something in the Developer Settings, it takes A WHILE to go through all the settings
  • Fullscreen gestures are no longer fullscreen since the "home bar" takes up space itself and creates a bar at the bottom [Screenshot 1 & 2]
  • DND DOESN'T MUTE MEDIA- AGAIN
    • This was fixed in 12.0.4, but they broke it again 😑
  • EDIT 3 (2021-01-28) Even though Hue is connected and recognizes the lights, even though Google Home is connected and recognizes all the lights, the Smart Home thing in the Control Center shows everything as Status Unknown regardless of whether they are On or Off
The weird
  • For some reason, my wallpaper changed scale in the lock screen
  • Showing the full date on the CC makes it look super cluttered
  • New recent animations???
    • Plus all the icons have a white line at the bottom because of the new home bar
  • "Home bar" doesn't match some apps
The suggestions
A way to
  • Hide icon labels in the Poco launcher home screen
  • Disable this "new app" blue bubble
  • Differentiate the home automation icons

Will update as I find new things.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    451.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 3.png
    Screenshot 3.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reactions: krohme

NPU443

Aug 12, 2020
Yes, I also noticed something different with "Recent animation", when you pull it up. It was smoother before.

Here's another bug, which for some reason I haven't seen reported yet (this bug persist from previous versions also):

When you cast media to external device (Chromecast) then you CAN NOT access volume sliders with volume buttons.

This means you can't control other volumes when casting.
Mirroring screen/or sound via Google Home stays at phone volume, so you have to raise media volume to 100% before mirroring, otherwise the sound on the receiver device is too low.

No one else seem to notice this bug.

krohme

Jan 22, 2010
MIUI 12.2.4 - The Good, the Bad, the Weird and the Suggestions

Hi all.

I've been hesitant to update for the past week or so, but I just updated my Poco F2 Pro to MIUI 12.2.4, and here is what I found (good and bad)

The good
  • Home automation in the Control Center
  • SUPER IMPORTANT - Lock screen fingerprint sensor (seems to) no longer fade the colors of the screen when enabled 🙌🏻
The bad
  • Trying to access the Recent apps crashes the Launcher
    • Even though I am using Nova, trying to open the Recent apps crashes the Poco launcher
      • EDIT: After reading a couple more replies, this is a thing only with custom Launchers
  • Fullscreen gestures don't work, at all.
    • The bar at the bottom is not responding
    • The back gestures from the side also don't work
  • The buttons are annoying
    • Even though the device is set to dark theme, the background of the buttons bar is set to white
  • Home automation
    • Having the home automation in the Control Center doesn't allow you to close it with a single swipe
      • On a positive note, you can turn it off in the settings
    • Even though they are there when I try to add smart devices to the Menu, when I select them and press Done they show up as missing
  • STILL can't rearrange the "big" tiles on the CC
  • STILL can't set a lock screen wallpaper from the launcher
  • I don't know if this is a MIUI thing or a Facebook Messenger thing, but since I updated the Messenger bubbles use the Android 11 style and it looks like this.. [Screenshot 1]
    • Notice how the keyboard is covering the message input field
    • When you close the bubble, next time it appears is in the middle of the keyboard (where the Dismiss ring is) [Screenshot 2]
    • In the notifications, the Like button is not properly aligned [Screenshot 3]
  • Searching in the Settings and clicking on an item STILL doesn't take you to the item, it takes you to the category. This means that if you're looking for something in the Developer Settings, it takes A WHILE to go through all the settings
The weird
  • For some reason, my wallpaper changed scale in the lock screen
  • Showing the full date on the CC makes it look super cluttered
  • New recent animations???
    • Plus all the icons have a white line at the bottom because of the new home bar
The suggestions
A way to
  • Hide icon labels in the Poco launcher home screen
  • Disable this "new app" blue bubble
  • Differentiate the home automation icons

Will update as I find new things.
Thanks for providing a detailed review of your experience so far with build 12.2.4 bro, much appreciated

I'm currently on a custom aosp rom, but what peaked my interest was the mention that the infamous lockscreen wallpaper low saturation issue is resolved! Is this bug truly gone??

It used to drive me crazy looking at washed out lockscreen wallpapers and updating to new builds - just to find the same issue present :ROFLMAO:

himan7991

Jun 27, 2016
Athens
Thanks for providing a detailed review of your experience so far with build 12.2.4 bro, much appreciated

I'm currently on a custom aosp rom, but what peaked my interest was the mention that the infamous lockscreen wallpaper low saturation issue is resolved! Is this bug truly gone??

It used to drive me crazy looking at washed out lockscreen wallpapers and updating to new builds - just to find the same issue present :ROFLMAO:
😆 "the infamous"

I actually made a thread about it, pretty much right when I got the phone, back in July, it was so annoying.

But yes, it seems that it has been resolved. I tested checked it last night.

Reactions: krohme

jovanv

Apr 3, 2013
Madrid
I'm on MIUI 12.2.4 and I don't have any custom launchers, I'm on stock (no custom ROMs/bootloaders/recovery etc). Currently I suffer from these very annoying bugs:
  • No notification sounds, no alarm sounds no ringtone when call in.
  • Recent app menu is empty (quick access with square button)
When I open Settings -> Sound & vibration and try to enter in Notifications or Alarm or Ringtone, the Settings force close (settings not responding and have to be force closed).

I have cleaned the data of the POCO Launcher (version 2.20.1.17) and rebooted but it's the same behaviour.

No idea what else I could do, I am trying to avoid to do full factory reset, as I am not 100% sure this would solve those pesky bugs.

Anybody has a suggestion? Do you see similar bugs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New OTA update available.
    Changelog:
    -System
    -Camera

not a Global Stable Release but a beta stable.
    Been running Miui 12.5 Beta via the latest XiaomiEU beta and it's pretty smooth so far. A little buggy but totally fine as daily driver. Night and day from the earlier betas of android 11!!
    Afar from the bugs on the latest 12.2.4
    I just want to state what good things I found.
    There is also one bug where the carrier info msgs are displayed in andorid's material theme not the miui feel and look.
    As for the good stuff
    Battery is much better for me
    It used to be like 10% overnight now it's about 5%
    Even onscreen battery usage is better
    After 4 hours of texting and an hour of standby I got from 80% to 60% It used to get to 50% more or less
    Somehow the overall feel and smoothness of the interface is better , maybe I'm imagining this but this is what I feel. It's still a bit buggy and not quite realme or oneplus fast but it's kinda better
    Hopefully it'll get better with next updates, looking forward to miui 12.5
    (Although the poco f2 pro is much behind when it comes to updates xiaomi used to have more stable updates and a bit smoother or at least more consistent experience idk what's going on with this particular device)
    I want to ask about custom roms are they smoother and have less battery consumption or it it the same as miui?
    Last time I tried flashing xiaomi.eu I got the sd card not being recognized no matter how much I tried and miflash saved me.
    Turns out twrp still has lots of problems with android 10, new version is here and it's supposed to solve these problems but it's not out for the poco f2 pro yet.
    I relocked the bootloader and got back to official firmware