• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MIUI 12 Fingerprint Unlock defective

Search This thread

grandmasterhag

Mar 4, 2021
Really hate the slow scrolling experience with this B Grade AMOLED screen at the moment. Lots of mistyped words and whatnot arrggghhhh
I had same issue, but i wans't even aware of screen replacement, since i bought this phone used. I was looking for an answer for a long time, found out that on MIUI 11.4 scrolling, typing and even FOD were working without any problem, but lackness of features brought me to the point where i tried out custom roms, so I'm living right now on evolutionx, without my FOD.

Cowboy_Henk

May 9, 2011
I am a latest victim of this sudden death of my AMOLED screen however I do admit into dropping the phone couple of times and usually it's flat on its face. Long story short, caved in for an immediate repair, also costs $90 but fingerprint not working. Downloaded a screen test app and it only shows 5 multi touch points.

Anyone can give a link to that 10 multi touch screen from Aliexpress or MIUI 12 really needs to detect an original screen in order for the fingerprint to work properly?

Really hate the slow scrolling experience with this B Grade AMOLED screen at the moment. Lots of mistyped words and whatnot arrggghhhh

Read my post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui-12-fingerprint-unlock-defective.4122135/post-84297309

katolyimartin

Feb 16, 2015
Pécs
Redmi Note 10 Pro
How does it work now? Are you experiencing a slower scrolling overall and some phantom touches when using only one finger?
Hell yeah, I had slower scrolling experience, and phantom touch when I typing any messages. I had light sensor. But 2 days ago broke it, so now I am gonna buy 10 multitouch, just waiting for a good deal, with fast shipping

Reactions: jcagara08

CipherSwami

Jan 25, 2021
It's the screen guys , I had the same problem , if your fod is not working after update then simply the service centre has fukked wit u , because I went thru the same problem , then after I went back to them and fought wit them they said one of our service person replaced k20 pro screen wit k20 screen to cut costs , so be very careful and don't accept the screen from service centre if for stopped working after update , and tell them I don't accept this screen and I want my money back & tell them if they don't fix the screen with original k20 pro screen then u will go to police or give money back and just go to different service centre , I had same problem and after I created a huge fight in the mi showroom then they went back inside and replaced with original screen then fod worked properly
My friend I have a hunch, can you confirm it please. Did you actually see them replacing your screen ( I think K20 and K20 Pro use same screen you can manufactures' spec sheet ). Did they clean flashed ROM, if so which version - Raphael, Raphael EEA Global, Raphael Global, Raphaelin Global.

CipherSwami

Jan 25, 2021
I also encountered same on Miui12 Phone screen replaced Original Part.

Here are the Roms I tried and the result:

EVOX ROM- FIngerprint Working
MIUI11 GLobal and CHina - FIngerprint Working
Miui12 EU - Not Working ( Remove Fingerprint before upgrading to Miui12 or your Phone will always Restart)
Miui12 China - Not Working ( Remove Fingerprint before upgrading to Miui12 or your Phone will always Restart)
Miui12 Global - Not Working ( Remove Fingerprint before upgrading to Miui12 or your Phone will always Restart)
Which firmware did EVOX used that time? i think you flashed it with 11.0.6.

JonatanCSilva

Feb 11, 2021
Qual firmware o EVOX usou naquela época? Acho que você fez o flash com o 11.0.6.
EI'm using the miui12 version with an unlocked and digital bootlooder working with the 5-touch screen. unfortunately the only way I found to use miui12 with this screen.
Screenshot_2021-03-25-20-31-11-249_com.android.settings.jpg

LucasPaschoalick

Mar 27, 2021
Hey guys, I just replaced my original screen of my Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (k20 Pro) with a aliexpress one,

The link I bought is this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000077339977.html

The screen has the 10 multi touch, and the vendors says it the super amoled screen, the same as the original one xiaomi uses in their phones.

the screen truly has the 10 multi fingers capability but the fingerprint does not work in the MIUI 12.

The screen it self is great quality, I only notice some little white balance problems, it seens like the colors has a little blueish tone.

Anyone figured out this fingerprint issue yet?

7Potters

Jul 18, 2012
I bought an AMOLED screen manufactured by Samsung, complete with frame, supports 10 touch points, with color quality and contrast very similar to the original screen of my Mi 9T. At first it is a good display, the seller has guaranteed that it is of Original / OEM quality. Here is the link to the part I bought: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000156095854.html

The only problem is that biometric recognition does not work on MIUI 12! The sensor registers my fingerprint but the phone does not unlock with it. I've tried to downgrade to MIUI 11 and it didn't work either. Any solution?

Reactions: LucasPaschoalick

LucasPaschoalick

Mar 27, 2021
I bought an AMOLED screen manufactured by Samsung, complete with frame, supports 10 touch points, with color quality and contrast very similar to the original screen of my Mi 9T. At first it is a good display, the seller has guaranteed that it is of Original / OEM quality. Here is the link to the part I bought: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000156095854.html

The only problem is that biometric recognition does not work on MIUI 12! The sensor registers my fingerprint but the phone does not unlock with it. I've tried to downgrade to MIUI 11 and it didn't work either. Any solution?

Exactly like me... I tried both MIUI systems and in neither the fingerprints work, it does register, but don't unlock the phone. For now I'm using the Unlock by face feature.

I contact the Chinese vendor and he said that I have to calibrate the fingerprint sensor, but I didn't had the time to dig into that yet.

7Potters

Jul 18, 2012
Exactly like me... I tried both MIUI systems and in neither the fingerprints work, it does register, but don't unlock the phone. For now I'm using the Unlock by face feature.

I contact the Chinese vendor and he said that I have to calibrate the fingerprint sensor, but I didn't had the time to dig into that yet.
I already calibrated the sensor but it didn’t solve the problem...

Hi guys, i faced the same issue with my mi9se which has an onscreen fingerprint like the mi9t pro.
After screen replacement , fingerprint couldn't be detected with miui 12 so i decided to clean flash miui 11 and then upgrade to miui 12 via OTA. Now fingerprint works fine on my non-original aliexpress screen replacement which has 10 point multitouch feature.

Reactions: Alivevil
Guys, recently I have replaced the screen of my Redmi k20 Pro, with a good high copy AMOLED screen the result was:
Quality almost as same, only 5 fingers working, the fingerprint was working but not as good as the original one, it had issues in detection and registering even with calibration.
BUT the problem began when I noticed my phone freeze from time to time, gets random reboots, and random continuously touches, at first I thought that the problem is related to my vendor, I was on miui12.5 vendor, changed to miui 12, and still the same, tried Evo, pixel experience, and other rooms still the same.

I returned to the repair center and got New Screen, the result was:
my phone is stuck at boot, and it will not even be loaded, they told me it's because of my firmware, and they have flashed clean and pure Global miui 12 and wiped everything to the original but it did not even boot.

Recently I have asked my friend to look for the best screen in china market closest to original and got New screen and New result was:
Quality Perfect and equal to the original
10 finger works at the same time
No problem in AOD
Fingerprint performance equal to original one without any problem and hesitate.
everything was really good until I have noticed the freeze and reboots again. I was on Miui 12 Global, reflashed with fastboot to China miui 12 still got problems, did not even use AOD and Fingerprint or a password but the problem was still there.

Then I came across this thread and some others on xiaomi.eu community and tried using the latest miui 11.0.8 China, and Bang! freezing, white screening, boot loops, lock screen freeze, everything is gone.
it has been almost a week, just 2 or 3 reboots.

I have come to the conclusion that the problem is 100% related to none original screen compatibility with miui12 vendor.
does anyone have any update regarding this subject?
is there any way to use miui 12 with this almost original screen?

Hi guys, i faced the same issue with my mi9se which has an onscreen fingerprint like the mi9t pro.
After screen replacement , fingerprint couldn't be detected with miui 12 so i decided to clean flash miui 11 and then upgrade to miui 12 via OTA. Now fingerprint works fine on my non-original aliexpress screen replacement which has 10 point multitouch feature.
Did you have any registered fingerprints on 11 before upgrading to 12? my problem is solved using miui11 and I'm considering testing the miui 12 with OTA instead of fastboot clean flash (i had the problem of freezing and random reboot on that way)
I just wonder to do it with or without setting a password and fingerprint.
ALso, can you tell me your phone model is k20 pro or mi9t pro and you used miui global or china?

I'd be thankful if you read my results here:
Guys, recently I have replaced the screen of my Redmi k20 Pro, with a good high copy AMOLED screen the result was:
Quality almost as same, only 5 fingers working, the fingerprint was working but not as good as the original one, it had issues in detection and registering even with calibration.
BUT the problem began when I noticed my phone freeze from time to time, gets random reboots, and random continuously touches, at first I thought that the problem is related to my vendor, I was on miui12.5 vendor, changed to miui 12, and still the same, tried Evo, pixel experience, and other rooms still the same.

I returned to the repair center and got New Screen, the result was:
my phone is stuck at boot, and it will not even be loaded, they told me it's because of my firmware, and they have flashed clean and pure Global miui 12 and wiped everything to the original but it did not even boot.

Recently I have asked my friend to look for the best screen in china market closest to original and got New screen and New result was:
Quality Perfect and equal to the original
10 finger works at the same time
No problem in AOD
Fingerprint performance equal to original one without any problem and hesitate.
everything was really good until I have noticed the freeze and reboots again. I was on Miui 12 Global, reflashed with fastboot to China miui 12 still got problems, did not even use AOD and Fingerprint or a password but the problem was still there.

Then I came across this thread and some others on xiaomi.eu community and tried using the latest miui 11.0.8 China, and Bang! freezing, white screening, boot loops, lock screen freeze, everything is gone.
it has been almost a week, just 2 or 3 reboots.

I have come to the conclusion that the problem is 100% related to none original screen compatibility with miui12 vendor.
does anyone have any update regarding this subject?
is there any way to use miui 12 with this almost original screen?

Did you have any registered fingerprints on 11 before upgrading to 12? my problem is solved using miui11 and I'm considering testing the miui 12 with OTA instead of fastboot clean flash (i had the problem of freezing and random reboot on that way)
I just wonder to do it with or without setting a password and fingerprint.
ALso, can you tell me your phone model is k20 pro or mi9t pro and you used miui global or china?

I'd be thankful if you read my results here:
No fingerprint registered on miui 11
My phone is mi9se with global miui.

I advice you to flash miui 12 via OTA and test the system. Remember to perform a nandroid backup before.

No fingerprint registered on miui 11
My phone is mi9se with global miui.

I advice you to flash miui 12 via OTA and test the system. Remember to perform a nandroid backup before.
I tried ota update with all the apps and set password and fingerprints.
And the result was Good!
Then again, after that i installed miui 12.5 from 12 and again no problem and everything works great

rickyy22

Jan 7, 2014
Roma
Hi guys I was trying to buy the screen from the seller on AliExpress but It's out of stock. Do you have any other recommended links? I have a 10 multitouch but still FOD not working. Thank you 🤗

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After upgrading to MIUI 12 Global OTA yesterday, fingerprint unlock stopped working. When I select fingerprint unlock in settings to switch it on and enter my PIN, phone goes dark and restarts (MIUI splash screen). Any suggestions? Phone is stock and not rooted.
    Additional info: from CIT menu I ran the fingerprint sensor test. Result shows: all success. Next test (Fod fingerprint input test) gives following message: Your phone has password can not enroll fingerprint information
    Not sure I understand the result of this test. Phone of course has a password (required to set fingerprint unlock).

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
    Okay, an update.
    For me there was not any restart, i was able to register my finger, but then sensor can't recognize, and calibrate, always failed. Came back to miui 11, same. I removed the display again, and cleaned the inside of the screen and the sensor lens too.
    Then I was able to calibrate, and use, updated from updater to miui 12.0.5 and WORKED.
    With 5 point multitouch screen. Checked with more programs, for screen writes always super Amoled, or Samung super Amoled. :) Nothing changed in vendor, or anything, just flashed miui 11.0.4 with Miflash, then updated to MIUI 12. Now I will try the xiaomi.eu mdded roms.
    I got mine today (second one) and I can confirm that it's good unit. Just like original, I can't even see the difference... Fingerprint works fine on miui 12, really fast, no problem at all...

I recommend pay for a professional to change it or do it with maximum caution possible. The screen is really fragile...

I believe change only screen is easier than change all components inside to the new frame...

I put my three screens side by side for comparation and I noticed that the one which fingerprint unlock does not work looks thicker and fingerprint hole on amoled is clearly more opaque than the original unit and the one that I bought on this aliexpress link.

I also received the screen + frame yesterday from that seller and WOW it's indeed a very good screen! I'm very satisfied
    the product and the seller. First the communication with the seller is top notch, he sends pictures and even a video how to test the screen before installing. He even personally tested the screen before sending it to me, it was a personal video because the package label was visible and he wrote personal codes on the screen.
    I ordered on 28th of december and I received it on 14th of January so that's fine. The screen (I ordered with frame) is TOP NOTCH!!
    It's an amoled 10 point screen and it's even better than what my repair shop used in a previous repair. Now my FINGERPRINT SENSOR IS WORKING AGAIN (bug in MIUI 12 that doesn't accept bad quality screens) It has all the original internals, it has stickers so you can fix the internals securely. Everything works as it should!!
    I RECOMMEND THIS SELLER AND HIS PRODUCT

I had some difficulty installing it because I had to move all the internals from the previous frame to the new frame. Five times I had to close and reopen the phone (Luckily I didn't put glue on the back glass - I'm even thinking of not glueing it for a couple of weeks to be sure) because the front camera didn't open - the fingerprint sensor didn't read - the back cameras didn't work - ...
    The reason of the problems was dust or condensation. You have to make sure everything is clean and dry. I cleaned the contacts (of cameras, sensors,...) before closing them.
    TIP: Use WD40 electrical contact cleaner and compressed air afterwards to dry it quickly.

Ok next problem: I use Xiaomi.eu ROM 21.1.6/7 and fingerprint sensor works but after 5 ticks when registering a fingerprint it closed. After calibrating the sensor in CIT menu (TIP: use thick white page for "flesh flat" and something MATTE BLACK (not shiny!!!!) for the "black flat") - calibrating was succesful - but again registering didn't work.

I then saw there was an update for Xiaomi.EU ( 21.1.13/14 ) and now the fingerprint registering works PERFECTLY!!!

I used this excellent tutorial (in French but filmed in a good way)

I'm so glad, I now have a brand new phone :)

Some pictures:
    DSCF6341.JPGDSCF6342.JPGDSCF6343.JPGDSCF6347.JPG
    You've got the same problem as me after update to miui12. Have you ever replaced the lcd on your phone? Because I did it.