• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MIUI 12 - Google Apps Problem

Search This thread

MeysamV

Aug 18, 2020
Hi,
After updating to MIUI 12, Google apps (Google Play Store) cant connect to server. i got this error "Error retrieving information from server. DF-DFERH-01".

i cleared cache & Data for all of Google Apps.
i updated all of Google Apps.
i removed my account.
but there is no success.

when i disable "MIUI Optimization", The Error is Solved. but it makes some problems.

My Phone: Redmi 6 Pro - China Rom

Any Solution?

MeysamV

Aug 18, 2020
Hi,
After updating to MIUI 12, Google apps (Google Play Store) cant connect to server. i got this error "Error retrieving information from server. DF-DFERH-01".

i cleared cache & Data for all of Google Apps.
i updated all of Google Apps.
i removed my account.
but there is no success.

when i disable "MIUI Optimization", The Error is Solved. but it makes some problems.

My Phone: Redmi 6 Pro - China Rom

Any Solution?

Finally found the solution on the Mi Forums.

Goto Settings -> Apps -> Permissions -> Autostart. Enable both options for 'Google Services Framework' i.e. 'Allow apps to start automatically' + 'Allow the app to be started by other apps.

Restart phone.

After that I could sign in.

Maybe the Autostart setting is necessary for contacts and calendar as well.

Donegalmatt

Jan 13, 2021
I am replying to this in the event that someone else has had the same problems. I have a cc9 pro China rom. I downloaded the miui 12 update yesterday and Google stopped working. After several hours of trying all the fixes mentioned here and elsewhere this si what worked for me.

Delete everything Google.
Redownload the Google.apk from get apps.
Go through the cycle but parser error will come up.
Go to downloads and click install for first item.
Back to Google apk press button again for second item. Parser error will show.
Back to downloads and install.
Do this each time.
Once installed go to play store and make sure auto updates are turned off. After getting this working the play services updated with the newer version, which in turn stopped everything working again. And I had to go through the entire process again.
DO NOT UPDATE GOOGLE AY STORE OR SERVICES.
The only thing now not working for me is youtube which is not compatible with the old version of the play store.

Hope this helps someone.

Ericthefish99

Feb 2, 2021
I am replying to this in the event that someone else has had the same problems. I have a cc9 pro China rom. I downloaded the miui 12 update yesterday and Google stopped working. After several hours of trying all the fixes mentioned here and elsewhere this si what worked for me.

Delete everything Google.
Redownload the Google.apk from get apps.
Go through the cycle but parser error will come up.
Go to downloads and click install for first item.
Back to Google apk press button again for second item. Parser error will show.
Back to downloads and install.
Do this each time.
Once installed go to play store and make sure auto updates are turned off. After getting this working the play services updated with the newer version, which in turn stopped everything working again. And I had to go through the entire process again.
DO NOT UPDATE GOOGLE AY STORE OR SERVICES.
The only thing now not working for me is youtube which is not compatible with the old version of the play store.

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for posting this - I was having major issues on my Mi 10 Lite Zoom until finding and trying this. Everything worked great - for about a week, and now none of my Google stuff works again?? Any thoughts on why? I guess I'll uninstall everything Google again and redo your suggestions above, but I certainly don't want to do this once a week?? Thoughts?

Lonsr

Jul 24, 2021
I am using redmi note 7 pro...facing same issue after updating. I did try uninstall google play and install again...but still can't sign in

teudz

Aug 2, 2021
it is autostart....but play store seem like be blocked. when I click sign in...it will hang and the app will close itself
I have the same problem.. particularly on the note 7 china rom (lavander) MIUI 12.5.3. I have tried all posible versions of google framework, services,google play store,etc.. none of it work.. . Last solutions that i did is backed up my files and freshly install a global rom 12.0.3. ..now all worked perfectly

mehedise

Aug 9, 2021
I have the same problem.. particularly on the note 7 china rom (lavander) MIUI 12.5.3. I have tried all posible versions of google framework, services,google play store,etc.. none of it work.. . Last solutions that i did is backed up my files and freshly install a global rom 12.0.3. ..now all worked perfectly
How did you installed global rom in a china rom phone? I am facing the same problem with my redmi note 7 china rom. Any help would be much appricated. Thanks in advance.

Chetan_pandit

Sep 1, 2021
I ha
I have also tried all the possible ways .clear caches and data , uninstall and reinstall , autostart permission + allowed app to start from another app .but still not working . I can't run a single Google item . Does you guys have any other ways to resolve this ?