Miui 12 ROM S8/N8 ANBro10

Search This thread

genukie

Apr 27, 2021
I was wondering if one of you beautiful coders can point me in the right direction.

So i manged to get it booted running, making phone calls, updating fine. However, I can't connect toany wifi network, it just saves it without attempting to make a connection and mobile data only works when plugged in usb tethering, im assuming thats because it triggers a service and assigns itself an ip address, as soon as i disconnect usb cable it drops data.

So im on a sm-n950f greatlte Exynos
I have a tiny crack on the corner of my screen every other rom ive tried doesnt wake up the screen cause of it, this is the only rom that i can unlock/wake my screen up like normal.

With bootloader unlocked and twrp already installed
i patched Treble project convert dot zip via TWRP 3.7
Then flashed twrp 3.3 Reboot back into TWRP
Flashed no verify (Some reason it won't install on later twrp)
Flashed RevOSLavender's Miui 12GSI Rom (Tried flashing it with 3.7, got boot loop)
Then installed treble's vendor dot zip
Then flashed RevOSLavender again, some reason theres 2 system image partition, sometimes, really depends which twrp i used to flash the convert zip, so i flashed it again because this time it gave the option to flash both partition.
Rebooted into Miui, took about 10mins the first time

Link to files mentioned

Credit goes to the owner, i played no part doing anything

Last edited:

genukie

Apr 27, 2021
Update, not sure what I did, but I clicked on some random file while browsing in root explorer and it executed/extracted a bunch of random things which knocked out my root access but got WiFi working, just need to figure out the mobile data portion if anyone has a clue,

genukie

Apr 27, 2021
Ok I got the mobile data working, I think I've figured it out. I signed into the Xiaomi account from my mi note 10 which for some reason can't make outgoing calls. So while flashing and running random scripts, I some how got xiaomi's provisioning frameworks script to work? Because it just keeps on trying to sync data, only problem now is to get the complete miui experience it needs a 2 step SMS verification to keep get their awesome skins, themes, and other settings. Yeh cause it was trying to sync with my old fone, it sent me all the hidden apps and services it normally configures after flashing/resetting

genukie

Apr 27, 2021
ok so this is what happens when it tries to activate your simcard / services. But you have an invalid device id /IMEI