General MIUI 13 Stable Xiaomi.EU [Poco F3, Mi 11x, Redmi K40]

Search This thread

AhmadOkda

Jul 20, 2010
Cairo
HTC U11
OnePlus 5
i am using the stable channel, got the notification for the updtae, downloaded it, booted to twrp , dirty flashed and wiped cache and rebooted, Root was lost, so i rebooted to twrp again and flashed magisk 23 then rebooted, now the system has root, the applications that needs root to run are working fine but magisk manager app itself can't detect that magisk root is installed, what did i do wrong ? i can't use magisk hide since the manager can't detect the root

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
That's because you arent supposed to root the rom by flashing magisk. You need to patch the boot.img file that you exctracted from you currently installed rom and patch it using the magisk manager app and then flash that boot.img file using fastboot.

Reactions: AhmadOkda

AhmadOkda

Jul 20, 2010
Cairo
HTC U11
OnePlus 5
That's because you arent supposed to root the rom by flashing magisk. You need to patch the boot.img file that you exctracted from you currently installed rom and patch it using the magisk manager app and then flash that boot.img file using fastboot.
can i do so in my current state ?

it was working fine using the previous stable version that is why i didn't do the boot image thing

EDIT:

i did the following:

dirty flashed latest stable miui.eu
cleared cache
reboot to system
followed the guide in the link below

still the same situation, root is available and app that needs root are working fine but magisk itself can't detect that it is installed

seems it is not related to the boot.img thing and it is something else

EDIT 2:

i unistalled the magisk manager app, flashed magsik zip in twrp and booted and now everything is working fine

Last edited:
Reactions: Kianush

ebusuhejbi

Apr 2, 2012
Tirana
Xiaomi Poco F3
can i do so in my current state ?

it was working fine using the previous stable version that is why i didn't do the boot image thing

EDIT:

i did the following:

dirty flashed latest stable miui.eu
cleared cache
reboot to system
followed the guide in the link below

still the same situation, root is available and app that needs root are working fine but magisk itself can't detect that it is installed

seems it is not related to the boot.img thing and it is something else

EDIT 2:

i unistalled the magisk manager app, flashed magsik zip in twrp and booted and now everything is working fine
I dirty flashed the latest firmware and reflashed magisk with TWRP and all is ok ....no need to flash patched boot.img with fastboot again

Reactions: AhmadOkda

Hitman132132

Nov 9, 2021
Im on 12.5.18
Everything seems fine and battery life is good for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-09-20-58-02-338_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-09-20-58-02-338_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 144

Techguy777

Just a sidenote for you guys because this device seems to be a new breed of animal. I flashed hyper x kernel and I also installed ACC charge controller on magisk manager and installed the acc app for control. I set it to stop charging at 85 percent because that's what Samsung Galaxy devices do to save battery. But I was at 90 percent and rebooted and it went down to 62 percent and a message came up saying you lost over 20 percent charge in less than 10 minutes. Obviously that is nerve racking. I restored boot img in twrp because that will restore and I started charging it and the speeds went all over the map. It normally will go at 5500mA but it wouldn't go over 2000 and then it would go to 180 and then 3000 and back down to 2000. So I installed the acc and rebooted and charges fine and at 5000mA like it's supposed to.

I don't know what to think the device is extremely complicated and difficult to flash rom or anything at all on it. I have to make sure I have 3 hours and a pc by me because I might need to flash stock rom over anything. I tried EU latest stable and had serious troubles went back to 12.5.14 or whatever works perfectly and there's nothing new in the new one so what's the point.

Thomas38

Aug 15, 2020
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi Poco F3
Just a sidenote for you guys because this device seems to be a new breed of animal. I flashed hyper x kernel and I also installed ACC charge controller on magisk manager and installed the acc app for control. I set it to stop charging at 85 percent because that's what Samsung Galaxy devices do to save battery. But I was at 90 percent and rebooted and it went down to 62 percent and a message came up saying you lost over 20 percent charge in less than 10 minutes. Obviously that is nerve racking. I restored boot img in twrp because that will restore and I started charging it and the speeds went all over the map. It normally will go at 5500mA but it wouldn't go over 2000 and then it would go to 180 and then 3000 and back down to 2000. So I installed the acc and rebooted and charges fine and at 5000mA like it's supposed to.

I don't know what to think the device is extremely complicated and difficult to flash rom or anything at all on it. I have to make sure I have 3 hours and a pc by me because I might need to flash stock rom over anything. I tried EU latest stable and had serious troubles went back to 12.5.14 or whatever works perfectly and there's nothing new in the new one so what's the point.
Dude I am using EU Stable with Eclipsia kernel. No problems so far. Even the security app bug is fixed in rebuild 12.5.18 version.

Reactions: Techguy777

Techguy777

Dude I am using EU Stable with Eclipsia kernel. No problems so far. Even the security app bug is fixed in rebuild 12.5.18 version.
I missed this comment. I haven't heard of eclipsia kernel until now. What security bug is fixed? I don't know what made my battery drop like that but it did and obviously you would think the hardware is failing with something like that but nope works perfectly sense than.

Well saying your on the latest EU doesn't settle anything anymore. Because did you use TWRP or fastboot?
Which TWRP if you used TWRP

I'm also just learning about these slot a/b devices and if everything works right TWRP should install a new ROM in the inactive slot and you should boot that slot. I would assume TWRP should backup the active slot and shouldn't it restore it to the inactive slot and boot that? Is this why restores don't work is because TWRP doesn't restore it to the inactive slot? I'm only 2 weeks in on this device and trying to learn everything.

Techguy777

You can just flash it without wiping data. I always use nebrasy twrp that is linked in the thread.
I'm on that TWRP. I forgot to mention I used a disable force encryption and it worked would I flash ROM and than dfe zip again and than magisk to for root?

Sorry I forgot I also flashed mount system rw zip. I'm still getting the hang of this phone.lol

Installation Instructions (TWRP):-
  • Unlock your bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
  • Install TWRP via fastboot mode
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format data (Only needed for first install)
  • Flash rom
  • Reboot to system

Possible noob question alert! All help is much appreciated, thanks!

Hey all, I've just unlocked my bootloader (Mi 11X) and am looking to install this ROM.
I'm a bit confused by the instructions.
Do I need to Format Data (by typing YES) before or after flashing the ROM?
If it's before, will I be able to transfer the ROM zip file via USB? I mean, will my PC detect internal storage of the phone?
If it's after, should first flash the ROM and directly format data, or do I need to reboot into recovery in the middle?

Techguy777

Possible noob question alert! All help is much appreciated, thanks!

Hey all, I've just unlocked my bootloader (Mi 11X) and am looking to install this ROM.
I'm a bit confused by the instructions.
Do I need to Format Data (by typing YES) before or after flashing the ROM?
If it's before, will I be able to transfer the ROM zip file via USB? I mean, will my PC detect internal storage of the phone?
If it's after, should first flash the ROM and directly format data, or do I need to reboot into recovery in the middle?
It's strange right, some people say flash rom and then format data others say format data and flash rom. I'm pretty new yet myself but I think your best bet would be to flash rom and then format data because it should work I've done it like that 2 or 3 times. However I would think it makes more sense to format data first than flash rom but who knows. If you have YouTube I would recommend munchys YouTube channel to install roms that's how I did ir

Techguy777

Thank you I don't like the bar on home screen either. Well whoever said the battery seemed worse you weren't kidding. It's time to try a kernel but really that probably won't help because it contains the same kernel as the last build. I would assume it's something in the background. I really just wanted to do it just to see how it worked if I dirty flashed it.

pakino2004

Dec 21, 2010
Gran Canaria South
Xiaomi Poco F3
My first suspect reason for more battery drain and I'm using magisk stop gms module. 9 minutes with almost 7 % battery drain wtf

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-13-12-48-27-039_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-13-12-48-27-039_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts