Question MIUI 13

Search This thread

GreenParr0t

Oct 11, 2017
I am now using this ROM since a week. Some apps fail to render the graphical interface, my navigation app sygic as example.
Or in opera mobile, some web applications like mobile-based games and maps are not rendering correctly. 😔
Otherwise I am pretty happy with this ROM. I hope that the next build will fix it.
I just installed Sygic to test, but it is working correctly for me on 21.12.29. Maybe you need a reinstall of the app?

Reactions: MyCake

MyCake

Jun 8, 2014
Switzerland
I just installed Sygic to test, but it is working correctly for me on 21.12.29. Maybe you need a reinstall of the app?
I got the build after yours, the first one of this year, xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_V13.0.4.0.SKICNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip
It's some kind of weird error in loading the data correctly. I will see how it goes using it, after the next build is around maybe. 😸
Reinstall is not fixing it. 😢

If I search a address, there isn't any entries, strange loading glitch. The build is good otherwise 😉

Screenshot_2022-01-25-02-42-09-309_com.sygic.aura_1.jpg

Last edited:

Redrum777

Jan 26, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Coming from MIUI 12.5 (a11) I did:
- downloaded MIUI 13 fastboot
- unzipped the file
- copied boot.img to my phone and patched with magisk
- copied the patched_boot.img back to the unzipped folder, deleting the original boot.img and renaming the new one to boot.img.
- ran the fastboot script to keep data, it failed the first time. Rebooted the phone and this time the fastboot looked different, orange letters.
- ran the script again, now it went through succesfully.
- clear the data/cache from the "permission" app, it was crashing the phone.

It is working well, and I didn't need to restore a backup!
Before flashing my 13, did you have my stock global?
And why did you also delete the app data permissions first?
If I load the xiaomi.eu rom from 12.5.7 global with windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat do I lose all application data? And above all, does it work? Or do I have to reconnect on whatsapp, telegram and the other apps?
One last thing, boot.img do you modify it before or after loading the rom? Do you upload it directly patched?
Thank you for the help!!

Redrum777

Jan 26, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Before flashing MIUI 13, did you have MIUI stock global?
And why did you also delete the data app "Permissions" first?
If I load the ROM xiaomi.eu from MIUI 12.5.7 global with windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat do I lose all application data?
And above all, does it work? Or do I have to reconnect on whatsapp, telegram and the other apps?
One last thing, boot.img do you patch it before or after loading the ROM? Do you upload it directly patched?
Thank's for help!!

GreenParr0t

Oct 11, 2017
Before flashing my 13, did you have my stock global?
And why did you also delete the app data permissions first?
If I load the xiaomi.eu rom from 12.5.7 global with windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat do I lose all application data? And above all, does it work? Or do I have to reconnect on whatsapp, telegram and the other apps?
One last thing, boot.img do you modify it before or after loading the rom? Do you upload it directly patched?
Thank you for the help!!
I came from MIUI 12.5 xiaomi.eu ROM (android 11)

The way how permissions work are changed in Android 12 and this MIUI permissions app needed to be reset. It gave a lot of errors and sometimes crashed the phone.

Normally it should keep the data, it did for me, but do make a backup! If you don't have root you can use the MI PC suit ( https://www.tenorshare.com/android/xiaomi-backup.html step #2)
I had to run windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat twice for it to work.

If you don't need root, you do not need to this step. But if you want root:
1. Copy the boot.img from the new ROM folder to your phone ( Xiaomi.eu_****-fasboot/images/boot.img ).
2. Open up Magisk -> Install -> "Choose and patch a file"
3. Copy the patched boot.img back to Xiaomi.eu_****-fasboot/images/ folder > remove the original boot.img > rename the patched boot.img to boot.img
4. Put your phone in fastboot
5. Run the windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat (if the first time fails, run it a second time)

Good luck :)

Reactions: Redrum777

miroslavpena

Jan 2, 2012
Can someone with EU miui 13 version of rom confirm to me few options in system:
1. In camera settings under 'modes' is available 'quick snap mode video' and 'quick snap mode photo' option
2. In phone settings uder 'Apps' and 'App lock' there is two options, Apps lock and Hidden apps?

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How did you install magisk without TWRP to flash the zip?
    Via patched boot.img
    You extract original boot.img from the rom and patch it within the Magsik app.
    If you replace it and then run the fastboot install script, you are rooted right after installing MIUI 13. It's very convenient.
    Is anyone already on MIUI 13 from Xiaomi.eu?

Is TWRP / root working with Android 12 / MIUI 13?

Good SoT?

Share your experience!
    21.12.29 weekly (MIUI 13) is a fastboot rom, since there is no working custom recovery right now.
    Magsik works flawlessly.
    SOT seems also fine to me.
    Coming from MIUI 12.5 (a11) I did:
    - downloaded MIUI 13 fastboot
    - unzipped the file
    - copied boot.img to my phone and patched with magisk
    - copied the patched_boot.img back to the unzipped folder, deleting the original boot.img and renaming the new one to boot.img.
    - ran the fastboot script to keep data, it failed the first time. Rebooted the phone and this time the fastboot looked different, orange letters.
    - ran the script again, now it went through succesfully.
    - clear the data/cache from the "permission" app, it was crashing the phone.

It is working well, and I didn't need to restore a backup!
    I am now using this ROM since a week. Some apps fail to render the graphical interface, my navigation app sygic as example.
    Or in opera mobile, some web applications like mobile-based games and maps are not rendering correctly. 😔
    Otherwise I am pretty happy with this ROM. I hope that the next build will fix it.