Question Miui bugs on Poco F3 (Nova Launcher and display gesture)

Search This thread

Ninnix96

Aug 23, 2014
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi guys, since yesterday I got the Poco f3 8/256 gb, the device has two annoying problems both with the miui 12.0.1, and with an update today to 12.0.2. The first bug is the inability to use the gesture display, and take advantage of the whole screen. Up to the tutorial ok they work but as soon as you enable them they no longer work. So you are forced to use the Android keys. Another bug the recent apps menu doesn't work. I attach a screen, someone else to these problems? I have read that the first is on several xiaomi devices with android 11 and miui 12.

Screenshot_2021-04-12-13-04-04-295_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

Reactions: EduardoRdz
Gestures work ok here with stock launcher. Only going to recents from home is a pain sometimes. But maybe it's me...
Only bugs found:
- More options for dark mode does not populate "individual apps" when going there from the menu. Does work when getting there from settings search bar
- share button from web previes does not work, need to open in browser first

stevejc

Sep 29, 2013
Yes, recent apps works with new version v.2.20.1.26 see other thread (about nova launcher) for the link.

For gestures it's not working, I wanted to hide the buttons like I did with my old phone, but with android 11 it's not working too, there is an app that did it but not perflectly : Fullscrenn Immersive. You need Pro mode, Ultra Mode is not working on our Poco F3. And to show the keyboard you need to swipe up. Not so great.

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
Yes thanks, the update fixed recent and display gesture. Its a good trade off. But I hope they fix soon is hard to stay without nova for me.
They unlikely to fix it. I been googling this issue. You can find it 140 days ago about mi 10 phone in reddit. I don't see any fix its also complain in f2 Pro. Unless someone gets Xiaomi/Poco aware this issue I doubt they care since CN customers using default launchers.

stevejc

Sep 29, 2013
Hi, so I've got mine and I have the MIUI 12.0.2.0 RKHEUXM version.

I have installed a custom Launcher Microsoft Launcher, and it breaks recent apps screen.
With updating Poco Launcher to v.2.20.1.26 version it's OK.

But I have lost the floating windows icon in recent apps screen (only three icons are present)
And I don't have the Virtual Id functionnality in Settings : search for virtual in settings to find it.

If I switch back to Poco Launcher, it's the same and If I switch back to Microsoft Launcher I lost some authorisations, need to bring them back.

So my question is for those who have only kept the Poco Launcher, do you have these problems too ?

If I find others I will post here.

Thanks

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
Miui is buggy. You can't install YouTube Vanced without turning off mi optimization. Once turn off I rather not turn on.

If you don't turn it back on you will find that you can't upload files to Gmail, to File share sites etc. Discord has no issues I don't know why. Then you turn back mi optimization (you only need turn off to install Vanced it will work with mi optimization turn on) it will reset all the permissions etc. Miui very troublesome this is my first Xiaomi/Poco phone I never used their phones before.

Reactions: umairmalik2410

stevejc

Sep 29, 2013
Yes I have installed You Tube Vanced so I have turned off mui optimzation also and switched it back.

Maybe that why some problems occur then. Will wait for next OTA to see what will happen.

I just want to know if with a fresh install you have floating windows and virtual Id .

For info, my wife has a Mi 9 SE with another launcher, and everything is OK (I haven't test gesture navigation).

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
Yes I have installed You Tube Vanced so I have turned off mui optimzation also and switched it back.

Maybe that why some problems occur then. Will wait for next OTA to see what will happen.

I just want to know if with a fresh install you have floating windows and virtual Id .

For info, my wife has a Mi 9 SE with another launcher, and everything is OK (I haven't test gesture navigation).
Gesture was a dud right off the start I think I can't be sure if I debloat few stuff before or after I install nova. Gestures didn't work for me on first day I got the phone.

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
Guyz what gestures are you talking about ? My gestures on nova are working out of the box. Updateing poco luncher from apk solved the recent button (there was no option to update it in apps in my country...)

trabando

Oct 29, 2011
Guyz what gestures are you talking about ? My gestures on nova are working out of the box. Updateing poco luncher from apk solved the recent button (there was no option to update it in apps in my country...)

Navigation gestures. What version of poco launcher are you using? I updated to 2.20.1.26 and can't use gestures with nova launcher only buttons.

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
I use newest version of nova luncher prime and updated poco to 2.20.1.26. But it was working with the previous poco luncher version too. I disabled miui optimization, but I think it also worked with it enabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: negher80

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
My system is running 2.20.1.25 not sure why it's not updated I did remove some bloatwares. I can assure you full gestures with nova doesn't work on 2.20.1.25 with mi optimization on. I didn't try it with off no point of off I can't upload anything.

Update: I went download and install 2.20.1.26 restart device then change to nova and tried full gesture. No it still doesn't work I can't get out of settings went back to poco launcher

Last edited:

osemoka

May 13, 2013
Bydgoszcz
But if you turn off miui optimization - does it work then ?
Btw if I turn of miui optimization my icon pack replaces the icons on my device after reboot, which is good.Have anyone played with icons already?

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
But if you turn off miui optimization - does it work then ?
Btw if I turn of miui optimization my icon pack replaces the icons on my device after reboot, which is good.Have anyone played with icons already?
You turn off and on your gonna reset all permissions and might break something software related. I am not going do it again. Maybe someone else would.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, since yesterday I got the Poco f3 8/256 gb, the device has two annoying problems both with the miui 12.0.1, and with an update today to 12.0.2. The first bug is the inability to use the gesture display, and take advantage of the whole screen. Up to the tutorial ok they work but as soon as you enable them they no longer work. So you are forced to use the Android keys. Another bug the recent apps menu doesn't work. I attach a screen, someone else to these problems? I have read that the first is on several xiaomi devices with android 11 and miui 12.

Screenshot_2021-04-12-13-04-04-295_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg
    You must update poco launcher and home botton work again
    Yes thanks, the update fixed recent and display gesture. Its a good trade off. But I hope they fix soon is hard to stay without nova for me.
    Miui is buggy. You can't install YouTube Vanced without turning off mi optimization. Once turn off I rather not turn on.

If you don't turn it back on you will find that you can't upload files to Gmail, to File share sites etc. Discord has no issues I don't know why. Then you turn back mi optimization (you only need turn off to install Vanced it will work with mi optimization turn on) it will reset all the permissions etc. Miui very troublesome this is my first Xiaomi/Poco phone I never used their phones before.
    I use newest version of nova luncher prime and updated poco to 2.20.1.26. But it was working with the previous poco luncher version too. I disabled miui optimization, but I think it also worked with it enabled.