• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MIUI camera.apk for CM7 ...[Jun 26][CyanogenMod]SMod 1.0[2.3.4][PASSION]

Search This thread

dan079

I am a newbie here.

For those who is interested.

there is a recent CM7 SMod 1.0 ROM [link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1142439]

I was interested in the MIUI Camera. What i have done is i downloaded the rom, extracted the MIUIcamera.apk,using root explorer; move the apk to /system/app, change the permission and reboot. [off course you can the alternative adb push method]

everything work fine, but sigh....

720p video recording not supported.

credit goes to sokolik315, CM dev and off course MIUI dev

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
Working well on my N1 with CM7 nightly #113 (with DarkTremor Apps2SD).

Just a couple of notes, for clarification:
- No need to rename this apk, copy it as is to /system/app
- If you're using Root Explorer, long-click the app and choose "Permissions" from the popup menu...Then check-enable EVERYTHING from the options that come up (or if you know exactly what you're doing, just the ones that are needed).
- After reboot, you'll now have 2 apps called 'Camera' in your apps list. The one with the white border on the icon is the MIUI Camera!

A few "kinks" and gotchas to expect with this:
- On my N1, the text in the settings is too large and is either cut-off or is funky formatted. I can still get to all the items though.
- The zoom doesn't seem to work via screen-press, but rather having to use the trackball

Thanks for yoinking this!

mattanonymous

May 14, 2010
Thank you both. I had no idea there was a nicer camera app available, I think I'll be keeping this one (and upgrading it if those font bugs are fixed and/or 720p is added.)

coldside

Jan 23, 2011
I tried to install the MIUI Camera, but when I copy/move it using RootExplorer, it does not seem to show up under system/app under "Camera.apk" or "MiuiCamera.apk" or "miui.apk". It's like nothing happened. The file remains in the origin (my Dropbox folder) on the SD card even though it said "pasting".

Any advice?

Last edited:

coldside

Jan 23, 2011
Yep I have root. I'm running CM7.0.0 on my Desire (Yes I know this is in the Nexus One forums but I googled and I didn't realize after I posted).
RootExplorer 2.16 has Superuser rights also. I mounted it to RW because when it's still in RO, you can't paste.

EDIT: I just realized my phone is S-ON. My guess is that it needs to be S-OFF? If I require S-OFF for this, do I need to wipe my phone and root it again? Thanks.

Last edited:

NovaxxBite

Dec 20, 2011
thanks, i have the miui camera up and working
the only problem i have is there is no front facing camera option and the photo taking is buggy
guess its not made for the mytouch4g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am a newbie here.

For those who is interested.

there is a recent CM7 SMod 1.0 ROM [link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1142439]

I was interested in the MIUI Camera. What i have done is i downloaded the rom, extracted the MIUIcamera.apk,using root explorer; move the apk to /system/app, change the permission and reboot. [off course you can the alternative adb push method]

everything work fine, but sigh....

720p video recording not supported.

credit goes to sokolik315, CM dev and off course MIUI dev
    MIUICamera.apk

by the way here is the MIUIcamera.apk for those who want it