• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question MIUI camera in Custom ROMS?

Search This thread

lubo777

I have switched to MIUI stock (debloated) only because of the stock Camera ... After some cleaning and twekaing the MIUI Rom is not so bad and the battery life is pretty good also!
I can't believe that nobody is able to port the stock MIUI Camera for the custom AOSP based ROMs - the quality of the ANX camera photos is NOT good and can't compare to the detail in the stock Camera :(

Reactions: chrome6boy

hamidoo

Apr 26, 2011
Cairo
There is ANX Camera, a MIUI camera port, I didn't try it myself, but they are saying it works pretty good, almost no bugs in stock custom roms.

chrome6boy

Dec 1, 2010
Chennai
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I have switched to MIUI stock (debloated) only because of the stock Camera ... After some cleaning and twekaing the MIUI Rom is not so bad and the battery life is pretty good also!
I can't believe that nobody is able to port the stock MIUI Camera for the custom AOSP based ROMs - the quality of the ANX camera photos is NOT good and can't compare to the detail in the stock Camera :(
I agree, nothing matches the stock MIUI cameras. I will also have to move to MIUI stock because of this.

Reactions: lubo777

lubo777

I think that I have found a VERY GOOD quality alternative of the stock MIUI Camera.
The last few weeks I was stuck in the MIUI ROM (debloated) because of the good quality of the MIUI stock Camera compared to the the default ANX Camera version available for our phone.

2 days ago I flashed the latest 8.6 version of the AOSPExtended ROM because in the Change log I red this to these two lines of information:
- Add miui camera port (A Lighter verison of ANXcam)
- Update s5kgw3 camera configs from MIUI v12.5.8.0 RKFINXM

Finally, the ANX Camera receives and uses the special configuration for our phone Camera model!!!

This custom ANX version + the s5kgw3 camera configs from MIUI v12.5.8.0 are making this Camera with the best quality and sharp details - compared to the default ANX Camera versions AND allso compared with the stock MIUI Camera!

More information about my tests you can find in my detailed post here.

Reactions: pitok9

pitok9

Dec 4, 2017
Athens
I think that I have found a VERY GOOD quality alternative of the stock MIUI Camera.
The last few weeks I was stuck in the MIUI ROM (debloated) because of the good quality of the MIUI stock Camera compared to the the default ANX Camera version available for our phone.

2 days ago I flashed the latest 8.6 version of the AOSPExtended ROM because in the Change log I red this to these two lines of information:

Finally, the ANX Camera receives and uses the special configuration for our phone Camera model!!!

This custom ANX version + the s5kgw3 camera configs from MIUI v12.5.8.0 are making this Camera with the best quality and sharp details - compared to the default ANX Camera versions AND allso compared with the stock MIUI Camera!

I can confirm this is the best alternative for the camera , so far I think its one of the best of custom roms right now .

Reactions: lubo777

dude1337

Jan 3, 2019
Anyone noticed that the button for taking a picture or starting a video sometimes just doesn't react? I've had this with both stock MIUI and ANX. Quite annoying. Otherwise I'm very happy with Lineage and ANX for now.

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011

I flashed to AOSPExtended because of the built-in ANX Camera, and the camera quality is great. However I found the ROM to be a bit sluggish while scrolling webpages etc. ArrowOS feels smoother to me. It's too bad ArrowOS doesn't have the same ANX Camera mod included... it would be the perfect ROM for me.

lubo777

I flashed to AOSPExtended because of the built-in ANX Camera, and the camera quality is great. However I found the ROM to be a bit sluggish while scrolling webpages etc. ArrowOS feels smoother to me. It's too bad ArrowOS doesn't have the same ANX Camera mod included... it would be the perfect ROM for me.
I'm using AOSPExtended ROM 3-4 days already and have to say this is the perfect ROM for me. Don't forget the menu Extensions in Settings - there are placed many important configurations and hacks! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-160139655.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-160139655.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210926-160103334.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-160103334.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: pitok9

Vikasspattel

Aug 19, 2012
When can we see Miui camera in custom roms? 🥺 Camera quality in gcam is not that good as compared to miui camera and I miss 108 mp .
hey buddy 108 mp is just gimmick lol. its just clicks 3 photos and just virtually upscale it. in grid you know that 3x3=9 . so 12x9=108. so your camera has 12MP sensor originally. forgot iphone camera? just try comparing gcam 12MP vs memeCam 108MP !!! all 64MP phones using 2 samples(16MP 😂) 48 are 12 . 20s are 5. this technology supported with some newer sensors and u cant use any features with that mode. (may be it works sensor sided).
Newer Gcams HDR+ also uses multi samples in and creates photo with optimized quality + color in original resolution instead of upscale and u can use camera features with it. but u need good gcam though

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree, nothing matches the stock MIUI cameras. I will also have to move to MIUI stock because of this.

I can confirm this is the best alternative for the camera , so far I think its one of the best of custom roms right now .
    I'm using AOSPExtended ROM 3-4 days already and have to say this is the perfect ROM for me. Don't forget the menu Extensions in Settings - there are placed many important configurations and hacks! :)
    When can we see Miui camera in custom roms? 🥺 Camera quality in gcam is not that good as compared to miui camera and I miss 108 mp .
    There are many GCam mods which support our camera. There is NO support of the 108 MP sensor but at least you can choose which camera to use - the main one, the ultra wide or the Macro Camera.
    I have tested many different GCam mods - latest and previous versions.

Below you can see the pictures made today.
    The camera is placed on a tripod and the focus point is on the same place.
    In the picture name I have put the name of the GCam mod and version which is used.

00-RedmiNote7-BSG-IMG_20210816_152751313.jpg
    01-RedmiNote7-Parrot043-PXL_20210816_152736989.jpg
    02-trCammera-IMG_20210816_152437.jpg
    03-Nikita-7.4-IMG_20210816_152451.jpg
    05-Urnyx-7.3-IMG_20210816_152515.jpg
    06-Urnyx-8.1-PXL_20210816_122527657.MP.jpg
    07-Burial-7.3-IMG_20210816_152546.jpg
    08-BSG-8.1-confArarsh-PXL_20210816_152557716.jpg
    09-BSG-8.1-confLupo-PXL_20210816_152612225.jpg
    10-MIUI-Photo-mode-IMG_20210816_152627.jpg
    11-MIUI-Pro-mode-IMG_20210816_152636.jpg
    12-MIUI-108MP-IMG_20210816_152644.jpg
    13-Nikita-8.1-PXL_20210816_122503999.jpg

Using the photos from these tests you can decide for yourself which camera you like :)
    You can see the differences only if you zoom the pictures on a big good quality monitor. On the phone display they are the same ... :)

Below I'm posting the information about the GCam Mods which I tested and which supports our Redmi Note 10 Pro in the way described above:

The Camera with the best picture quality and detail according to my own tests and preferences are:
    1. MIUI stock camera in 108 MP mode ... :) :) :)

The best GCam mods are
    2. BSG GCam mod version 8.1 I have received the best results with this config Lupo-BSG-Gcam-mod-RedmiNoteo10Pro.xml which I modified a bit from the Alim config.
    3. MIUI stock camera in Pro mode
    4. MIUI stock camera in Photo mode
    5. BSG GCam mod version 8.1 with some other config made from Ararsh
    6. Urnyx v.7.3
    7. Burial v.7.3
    8. Urnyx v.8.1
    9. Nikita v.7.4
    10. Nikita v.8.1
    11. trCamera v.7.4

Just for the test I have made 2 pictures also with my old Redmi Note 7 - just to be sure that the quality of the camera sensor of the newer Redmi Note 10 Pro 108MP is better when using GCam mod ... :)
    I've noticed the MIUI cam is better than GCam even on other devices (RN7 Pro). Its the main reason I always stuck to MIUI based roms, usually EU. Its just gotten silly when ppl keep saying GCam is the best even when its not. For RN10 Pro, MIUI cam is a no brainer.
    Is there any possibillity to use the 108mp on any 3rd party rom? If not is that likely to change?
    ANXCamera is a port of stock MIUI camera for custom roms and it works perfectly on my RN10Pro with PixelExperience. 108mpx works like a charm. You just need to flash 4 zips in TWRP in exact order:
    1. Magisk apk (even if already have it, without that the rest of zips will throw errors)
    2. ANXCamera zip
    3. Redmi Note 10 Pro plugin for ANXCamera zip
    4. Some patch zip that I don't remember how it was named.

Just type in Google "Redmi Note 10 Pro ANXCamera" and you will get links and instructions

It worked for me on arrow rom