• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question MIUI floating windows not working

Search This thread

Kikinator

Aug 22, 2021
I have a little bit of issue with floating windows on Redmi Note 10. If I disable MIUI optimisation, they don't work at all. When optimisation is enabled, I can normally use them, but always on display is limited for only 10 seconds. I've recently updated to MIUI 12.5.1 (RKGEUXM) and I thought, that it would fix the issue (the issue was already on 12.0.4). I also found out, that if you turn the optimisation on, then enable some app to floating window mode and then turn the MIUI optimisation off, then it will work, until I restart the device. Is there any way to enable both floating windows and have unlimited time for always on display and still be able to freely restart the device? Or any other way to enable unlimited always on display without turning off the optimisation? Please help. 🙏

Reactions: mahbod.es.1996

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a little bit of issue with floating windows on Redmi Note 10. If I disable MIUI optimisation, they don't work at all. When optimisation is enabled, I can normally use them, but always on display is limited for only 10 seconds. I've recently updated to MIUI 12.5.1 (RKGEUXM) and I thought, that it would fix the issue (the issue was already on 12.0.4). I also found out, that if you turn the optimisation on, then enable some app to floating window mode and then turn the MIUI optimisation off, then it will work, until I restart the device. Is there any way to enable both floating windows and have unlimited time for always on display and still be able to freely restart the device? Or any other way to enable unlimited always on display without turning off the optimisation? Please help. 🙏
    I think You should definitely keep MIUI optimisation ON.
    Not that it's a so good feature, but because it is so tightly linked to MIUI system that you will always get issues if it's disabled.

That said, you can disable Xiaomi's AOD and use one of the playstore apps that provides permanent AOD. Always on AMOLED could possibly be what you need