MIUI Gallery creating weird files on sd card

Search This thread
I found a solution.
They already fixed it on the latest version of the gallery but it seems that its not yet available via the system apps updater.
A workaround for this is to download it via a 3rd-party apk site (I use apkmirror). The one I installed is v2.2.16.19 and that fixed the issue for me :D

This version of miui gallery fixes the issue but it has a lot of other bugs too. They didn't ironed out the bugs.
For example if you edit a picture from built-in gallery editor and save it then it won't appear on image selection page of any other app like instagram, whatsapp etc.

whisper1101

Aug 28, 2018
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Tried too but it is also only in English (I'm French)

Pa parlez Angle?
Shame on you. :silly:

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

This version of miui gallery fixes the issue but it has a lot of other bugs too. They didn't ironed out the bugs.
For example if you edit a picture from built-in gallery editor and save it then it won't appear on image selection page of any other app like instagram, whatsapp etc.

That not showing up issue exists in the original bloatware too...

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9
I've just noticed this issue with a load of 0 byte miui gallery files on my SD card (I save all photos and vids to internal memory). My gallery app version is 2.2.16.5. MIUI version is global stable 11.0.11.0.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Just to confirm, I installed this Gallery apk Version: 2.2.16.22 (266774)

arm64-v8a + armeabi-v7a + x86 + x86_64 from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaom...allery-2-2-16-19-global-android-apk-download/ as suggested above, and this solved the zero byte files spawning on my sdcard. Redmi

Note 9 Pro International version.
Did you just install over the top of the current app? Any issues?

gc2712

Jul 18, 2013
[/COLOR]Did you just install over the top of the current app? Any issues?

Yes, I just installed over the current app. Haven't tried to do more than just view a few image files, open and close the app a few times and check if it was still creating those random files on sdcard. Nothing unusual so far.

MIUI Ver: 11.0.7.0(QJZMIXM)

whisper1101

Aug 28, 2018
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Yes, I just installed over the current app. Haven't tried to do more than just view a few image files, open and close the app a few times and check if it was still creating those random files on sdcard. Nothing unusual so far.

Try editing and sharing pictures and look again. If nothing happens you're okay.

abhi.s4u

Jun 27, 2012
I think this bug also effects on all Xiaomi phones maybe but I don't know. Recently I bought Poco X3 NFC and this 0 byte miui gallery files also there on sd card.

Yupp Facing same issue using poco m2pro.. i think its their software bug hope it will be fixed in upcoming update...

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9

Hmm just installed, but unable to open gallery, 'gallery keeps stopping', cleared app cache, should I try clearing data.

Edit: unable to clear data, so uninstalled updates from settings and its back to the previous version. I'll submit a bug report to xiaomi.

Last edited:

foma2805

Dec 11, 2015
my Gallery runs norm. but creates these files too and when i want to delete some images, writes No access to SD-card/internal memory. i am on MIUI11_V11.0.5.0.QZMIXM, custom recovery TWRP_3.4.1B, rooted by Magisk...

avariado

Mar 19, 2016
Redmi 7A, same issue, installing Miui Gallery 2.2.16.22 solved the problem (but for now it's only available in english and my system language is portuguese, I guess the lack of translation is the reason why that version isn't available through the system update yet).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found a solution.
    They already fixed it on the latest version of the gallery but it seems that its not yet available via the system apps updater.
    A workaround for this is to download it via a 3rd-party apk site (I use apkmirror). The one I installed is v2.2.16.19 and that fixed the issue for me :D
    for a previous message i received a reply, so they can if they want
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone