• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Miui Global 12.5.1 Stable ROM - Likes & Issues

Search This thread

Spudsicles

Oct 20, 2010
BC
Hi ya'll,

I'm coming from Miui 12.0.5 Global on a RN8PRO and I have to say this OS is a downgrade but the phone itself is an upgrade. If anyone knows how to fix this or if they get an update which changes this before I do, please let me know.

Issues they changed, which wiegh highly on how it functions:
  • Silent/DND: I can only setup one schedule which sucks cause I like to have my phone turn on at a different time on the weekends
  • Individual App Notification Sounds: I was able to go into App Info > Notifications > Sound and change what sound file it plays but apparently not all apps are capable of doing this and I checked to see if the app is the same version, and they are on the RN8PRO vs RN10PRO
  • Better auto brightness on the RN10PRO but might be due to the AMOLED vs the IPS screen
  • Integration of the Google Page if you swipe to the right of the home screeen
  • Fingerprint scanner on the power button vs the back on the RN8PRO
I'll continue to update as I use more and figured it out...

Last edited:

charrua155

Jun 12, 2019
Miui 12.5.4 arrived yesterday on my Redmi Note 10 Pro (global).
So far pretty good, but I've noticed a couple of bugs.
The wallpaper zooms in for some reason and there's no way to fix it. I ended creating a larger wallpaper with a blank border to avoid it. It may be related to brightness adjustments.
If you disable one of the SIM cards, it still show up in the status bar (before the update, it didn't).

anythingwillwork

Jun 28, 2021
Hi ya'll,

I'm coming from Miui 12.0.5 Global on a RN8PRO and I have to say this OS is a downgrade but the phone itself is an upgrade. If anyone knows how to fix this or if they get an update which changes this before I do, please let me know.

Issues they changed, which wiegh highly on how it functions:
  • Silent/DND: I can only setup one schedule which sucks cause I like to have my phone turn on at a different time on the weekends
  • Individual App Notification Sounds: I was able to go into App Info > Notifications > Sound and change what sound file it plays but apparently not all apps are capable of doing this and I checked to see if the app is the same version, and they are on the RN8PRO vs RN10PRO
  • Better auto brightness on the RN10PRO but might be due to the AMOLED vs the IPS screen
  • Integration of the Google Page if you swipe to the right of the home screeen
  • Fingerprint scanner on the power button vs the back on the RN8PRO
I'll continue to update as I use more and figured it out..

anythingwillwork

Jun 28, 2021
this bugged update . music player notification problem . long delays in browsing through storage . messaging apps like telegram notifications not showing message notifications . mxplayer crashing while playing video . zip and rar files not extracting in file explorer(default one) . and much more problems . notifications are nice though .

Spudsicles

Oct 20, 2010
BC
After updating to 12.5.4 it just became worse the whole system as a whole... I unlocked the bootloader and went back to 12.0.15 which is much less laggy and works great for my needs.

Top Liked Posts