MIUI Global (EU) beta Android 11 build released

Search This thread

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
For me gesture navigation is broken. Swiping from any side has no effect. Anyone else have this?
Android 11 screwed up system gesture navigation in 3rd party launchers (again). I've just returned to 3 button nav bar + edge gestures app. Now I have the best out of both worlds. Quick and easy to use nav bar and also swipe gestures. 🙂

tomb20

Apr 15, 2012
Yorkshire
Android 11 screwed up system gesture navigation in 3rd party launchers (again). I've just returned to 3 button nav bar + edge gestures app. Now I have the best out of both worlds. Quick and easy to use nav bar and also swipe gestures. 🙂
Thanks, I had tried setting the stock launcher to check if this was the case to no avail. Evidently I hadn't opened the home screen to let it load. Now have it working with no custom launcher and very slow animations... Hope MIUI can fix this soon.

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Thanks, I had tried setting the stock launcher to check if this was the case to no avail. Evidently I hadn't opened the home screen to let it load. Now have it working with no custom launcher and very slow animations... Hope MIUI can fix this soon.
I find stock animations very slow too (be it "clean" Android or MIUI) - enabling 0.5x speed for all animations in developer settings feels much snappier.

Btw. it's not a fault of MIUI, this time Google is to blame.

tomb20

Apr 15, 2012
Yorkshire
I find stock animations very slow too (be it "clean" Android or MIUI) - enabling 0.5x speed for all animations in developer settings feels much snappier.

Btw. it's not a fault of MIUI, this time Google is to blame.
Yeah I've since found other complaints of broken gesture navigation with third party launchers on Samsung devices. I guess hopefully it's either patched in upstream Android by Google or Xiaomi patch it within MIUI.

Unfortunately, the MIUI stock launcher and Recents doesn't respect the 0.5% animation speed setting!

I've also found that you can no longer change individual app dark mode settings. The app list is just empty, still respects any that were setup prior to the update though.

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Yeah I've since found other complaints of broken gesture navigation with third party launchers on Samsung devices. I guess hopefully it's either patched in upstream Android by Google or Xiaomi patch it within MIUI.

Unfortunately, the MIUI stock launcher and Recents doesn't respect the 0.5% animation speed setting!

I've also found that you can no longer change individual app dark mode settings. The app list is just empty, still respects any that were setup prior to the update though.
I can't comment on stock launcher as I'm on Nova launcher, but recents screen seems to be snappy. I don't use it that often though, so maybe it's with 100% speed.

I can still change individual apps in dark mode - but only when the dark mode is active. It takes about 3 seconds for list of all apps to appear though, on the first sight the feature seems missing/broken.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
The two main things I've noticed is the notification led is now bright enough to actually be useful.

And on poco launcher 2 if you keep pressing back to exit from an app or push the home button sometimes you get the apps icon appearing at the top left of the screen for a few seconds for some reason.
But if you switch to system launcher and back again this bug goes away until you restart the device.

Last edited:

=Anderson=

Mar 23, 2017
You might find the culprit with logcat - enable usb debugging, start "adb logcat" on the PC with the phone connected and run the update again. There should be an error message displayed with more details.
And I have one more problem. When I try to download latest update from phone updater it says that it cannot download updates and to try after 1 min or 2. I don't know if it's miui bug or problem with my phone specifically

=Anderson=

Mar 23, 2017
Are you sure that you are flashing the same version of ROM as you have currently installed? You can use recovery update only from the very same region - Global or EU or China or Russia or another.

Hello, for some reason it is working now. It is currently updating. How can I later update from beta to stable, or is it already stable?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone