• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Miui keeps replacing TWRP with stock recovery

Search This thread

spraggzilla

Aug 19, 2017
Hi there,

I'm trying to install TWRP onto my Xiaomi mi6 in order to keep backups and flash custom ROMs.

Last night I tried to install TWRP via ADB. I flashed the .img file, and was careful to hold down the 'volume up' button as I hit the command 'fastboot reboot' to ensure I didn't boot into stock recovery.

This brought me into the TWRP recovery. I selected READ-WRITE option (as opposed to read only) and tried rebooting to system. After this I tried rebooting into recovery to access TWRP once again, but was brought back to the stock recovery. TWRP couldn't be accessed.

I tried to reflash TWRP and to follow the suggestion posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-6/development/recovery-twrp-xiaomi-mi-6-t3619822
The file: /system/bin/install-recovery.sh present in stock system is responsible for that.
You can simply stop this from happening by deleting it or renaming it to install-recovery.sh.bak using any root explorer or via TWRP (Advanced -> File Manager).

However, I could not find the file /system/bin/install-recovery.sh using the TWRP file explorer.

Any suggestions you could offer would be much appreciated.

My current miui version is: global 8.2.2.0 (NCAMIEC) and the phone has not been rooted (bootloader is unlocked).

Last edited:

trifos

Oct 29, 2010
Florina
Hi there,

I'm trying to install TWRP onto my Xiaomi mi6 in order to keep backups and flash custom ROMs.

Last night I tried to install TWRP via ADB. I flashed the .img file, and was careful to hold down the 'volume up' button as I hit the command 'fastboot reboot' to ensure I didn't boot into stock recovery.

This brought me into the TWRP recovery. I selected READ-WRITE option (as opposed to read only) and tried rebooting to system. After this I tried rebooting into recovery to access TWRP once again, but was brought back to the stock recovery. TWRP couldn't be accessed.

I tried to reflash TWRP and to follow the suggestion posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-6/development/recovery-twrp-xiaomi-mi-6-t3619822

However, I could not find the file /system/bin/install-recovery.sh using the TWRP file explorer.

Any suggestions you could offer would be much appreciated.

My current miui version is: global 8.2.2.0 (NCAMIEC).

After the twrp recovery installation is installed in the twrp recovery you install the " no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip" .
This will keep the twrp recovery,after restarting the system.

Last edited:

Anujthe8

Aug 15, 2019
Similarly when I install tarp in my Redmi 5 it gets install but shows 0mb internal storage and after that if I press reboot to recovery or reboot to system then twrp get deleted and mi stock recovery replace it .
Pls any body help me to install it

Top Liked Posts