MIUI Music installable .apk

Search This thread

noobdeagle

Apr 5, 2010
Adelaide, SA
ok this is the MIUImusic.apk that was dumped from the miui rom

the difference with this version is that i have resigned it so that it can be installed like a normal application for those of us who do not have root access or for people who do have root access and are just to lazy to manually place it in the system :p

Instructions:
1. download the SignedMiuiMusic.apk
2. place on your sdcard
3. run the .apk via a file manager like astro
4. install and enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fqwulytwlf5qgwo/signedMiuiMusic.apk

youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtTtLUYmhcw (not mine but it shows what the miuimusic looks like :p)

Last edited:

Cion84

Jan 7, 2011
It even works great on the Xperia X8 of my girlfriend! Thank you!

/edit: one question: is this apk different from the Miui Music of Darkys v8?

Last edited:

noobdeagle

Apr 5, 2010
Adelaide, SA

i think its the same only the background is blue not purple.

the whole idea behind this is that all the other miuimusic downloads require root access to place the apk directly into the system folder, by resigning it, it allows people to just install it without root like a normal market type application, which i was surprised no one had done before

but yeah pretty sure its the same miuimusic build as in darkys

Reactions: Androssama

azsamsancho

Oct 5, 2010
What's so good about this player ... I do not see any features different than the stock. Actually it seems like it has less features than the stock..

noobdeagle

Apr 5, 2010
Adelaide, SA
What's so good about this player ... I do not see any features different than the stock. Actually it seems like it has less features than the stock..

stock android player ?, it has everything the stock one has as far as i can tell :confused:

but i guess the main benefit is the eyecandy its looks much nicer than the stock android player and i actually prefer it even over my htc music player

its just personal preference its android its all about choice :D

Cion84

Jan 7, 2011

the whole idea behind this is that all the other miuimusic downloads require root access to place the apk directly into the system folder, by resigning it, it allows people to just install it without root like a normal market type application, which i was surprised no one had done before

I just deinstalled the Miui Music on my SGS via SGS Tools and installed this one. And you are right! They are the same. No differences, besides of the color. And I prefer the blue one much more :D

And I LOVE the Miui Music Player! It looks fantastic, it is easy to use and the automatic (and fast!) lyric download is great!
I hated the stock MP3 Player on my SGS. Even Mix Zing or Cubed did not fully satisfy me. I always prefered the iPod App on my iPhone 3g.
But the Miui Music Player is just awesome (for me)!

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
Go to admit this player is stunning.

I didn't see much difference from the Stock player, then I started to really play with it.

The lyric download is very accurate.
Love the little sound bars when playing and the widget is nice and compact and even shows the artwork.

Genius...

nghj

Oct 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
still prefer TTPod.. both comes with english version.
here's ttpod video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez0uHSNDowY

i switched from miui to ttpod as well.
ttpod has better lyric support (bigger display screen for lyrics, can select lyrics if more than one version exists) and it can play music from a specific folder.
also, ttpod doesnt have the visualization on the play window which appears sluggish on my phone on miui player.

cons: ttpod doesnt have a widget.

noodles12

Feb 1, 2010
THanks for your hardwork! This is awesome.

I tried MIUI and the only thing I liked about it was the music app and the contacts/phone app.

Can I request if you have time to do the same thing with the contacts/phone app so that I can install that as a separate apk also?

Or if you don't mind. can you PM me the steps on how you ripped and signed it and I can figure it out =).

Great work!

irish22022

Oct 7, 2010
i switched from miui to ttpod as well.
ttpod has better lyric support (bigger display screen for lyrics, can select lyrics if more than one version exists) and it can play music from a specific folder.
also, ttpod doesnt have the visualization on the play window which appears sluggish on my phone on miui player.

cons: ttpod doesnt have a widget.

the biggest con for me with ttpod was there wasn't a now playing screen. That's frustrating beyond belief. If I select a song, then start fishing through my library, I should be able to get back to that song and album view with the touch of a button. Also, it needs to be more customizable. I hate that background.

MIUI is cool. I like it. I'm at a point now where there a few music players I like, all have pros and cons, and so I just take the smallest one for memory purposes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok this is the MIUImusic.apk that was dumped from the miui rom

the difference with this version is that i have resigned it so that it can be installed like a normal application for those of us who do not have root access or for people who do have root access and are just to lazy to manually place it in the system :p

Instructions:
    1. download the SignedMiuiMusic.apk
    2. place on your sdcard
    3. run the .apk via a file manager like astro
    4. install and enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fqwulytwlf5qgwo/signedMiuiMusic.apk

youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtTtLUYmhcw (not mine but it shows what the miuimusic looks like :p)
    Works on fascinate dj05. Thanks!!
    Works great on nexus s. Nice music app