Miui. please respond to the developers

Search This thread

Pa94

Nov 7, 2017
flipped through the forum 4pda in Russia in Russia, we got involved with the instruction on the firmware LOS 15.1 through fastboot. The man told a detailed instruction about the firmware of the folds.
Firmware system_b.
The question is as follows. Can I use only one partition under the firmware without using the other one?
I also read that you need one more must section, for miui applications, you can also create it for yourself.
yes we will lose in the amount of memory. but we get a working miui.
PS I'm not a developer just reading the forums I collect information bit by bit.

Translate via Google

Lupin The Third

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2011
Planet Earth
www.jw.org
flipped through the forum 4pda in Russia in Russia, we got involved with the instruction on the firmware LOS 15.1 through fastboot. The man told a detailed instruction about the firmware of the folds.
Firmware system_b.
The question is as follows. Can I use only one partition under the firmware without using the other one?
I also read that you need one more must section, for miui applications, you can also create it for yourself.
PS I'm not a developer just reading the forums I collect information bit by bit.

Translate via Google

The work to port miui on mi a1 is really huge and above all it's a nonsense.

If you want miui then buy a miui capable phone. Mi 5x is an example... The mi a1 Chinese twin. :)

Someone tried to port miui to mi a1 in vain...

Personally I doubt that anyone is ready to take the task and make this work.

Last edited:
Reactions: asawi

asawi

Oct 1, 2012
I am so glad to see the replies from you other people. I thought I was missing something thinking "What? WHY!"
There is an, as I understand it, identical device with MIUI (Mi 5X?) already. And a bunch of other Xiaomi phones of course.
There actually was a thread some time back (a couple of months?) about MIUI on A1 and someone being a bit snotty about it. HAve to go back and look... (yeah, I live a pretty pathetic life... ;) )

Pa94

Nov 7, 2017
Just if you deal with the sections in this phone it will help to solve problems later. e.g. flyme

Reactions: JakobSWE

ГАСООП

Sep 12, 2015
>company makes all of their devices with miui skin
>Releases a phone, only one model in 2 variants: with miui and with stock android
>People want miui variant
>They do not buy miui variant, instead they buy the variant they didn't want and asks how to install miui

This idiocism is beyond any reasonable understanding

albi7894

Nov 3, 2012
>Releases a phone, only one model in 2 variants: with miui and with stock android
>They do not buy miui variant, instead they buy the variant they didn't want and asks how to install miui
>a guy in xda claims they are idiots without even knowing the reason behind it that was just described in the first post over his head

Pa94

Nov 7, 2017
Why immediately idiocy? I'm trying to figure out what's what, I'm interested in porting. Since I have not done this before, I find out the necessary information. Therefore, the developers, share experiences, can advice.

bornlivedie

Aug 29, 2012
Buenos Aires
I believe the reason for people wanting MIUI in Mi A1 was because Mi A1 has more bands than its Chinese twin.

then buy a different phone with that band

i'm sure there are a lot of alternatives close to the Mi A1

>a guy in xda claims they are idiots without even knowing the reason behind it that was just described in the first post over his head

that reason it's pretty stupid, to be honest

Why immediately idiocy? I'm trying to figure out what's what, I'm interested in porting. Since I have not done this before, I find out the necessary information. Therefore, the developers, share experiences, can advice.

I understand that porting and developing is fun and people are curious, but why not focus your energy and time on other things? (like helping with 7.1.2 and 8.1.0 AOSP builds or pressuring Xiaomi into releasing the sources for Oreo).

If someone success on porting MIUI, probably 3 people in the world would use it. It's pointless.

Don't be so stubborn on something that's pretty much pointless.

JakobSWE

May 3, 2015
@Pa94 I'm also slowly researching what a port would take. I don't think it would be too hard considering we have an almost equal device in mi 5x to use as base for a patchrom. Then port that on top of any nougat rom for the A1. However I don't have enough time currently and knowledge about the partition layouts. What I know differs is the miui cust partition and the a/b layout. I guess it takes first of all an boot.img port pointing to the right partitions and things. Then patch the 5x rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The MIUI version of a1 is even cheaper to buy... I really don't understand why people want to run MIUI on the only Xiaomi phone where you pay a premium not to have it in the first place.
    I believe the reason for people wanting MIUI in Mi A1 was because Mi A1 has more bands than its Chinese twin.
    Firmware system_b.

Translate via Google

The work to port miui on mi a1 is really huge and above all it's a nonsense.

If you want miui then buy a miui capable phone. Mi 5x is an example... The mi a1 Chinese twin. :)

Someone tried to port miui to mi a1 in vain...

Personally I doubt that anyone is ready to take the task and make this work.
    Just if you deal with the sections in this phone it will help to solve problems later. e.g. flyme