MIUI Roms for LG GT540!!

Search This thread

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
NO !!! MIUI is not customized CM !!!

On the very basic, it is a Chinese customized version of the Android OS, built from stock with additional goodies taken from manufacturer modifications like Samsung’s TouchWiz launcher, iPhone’s looks and the full potential of Android 2.2 platform. If you were to translate the name ‘MIUI’ to English, it would probably sound something like ‘meeooee’. This ROM was initially developed only for Chinese users, based on the FroYo build of Android and totally localized with Chinese locale and language.

Reactions: bataya

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
This is not true. If you are using MIUI you know that is very different than CM. For example you need to use another kernels then CM. (if you want to have all functions)

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
ROM will works with other kernels as well for Desire, but for example you have problems with camera, etc. Because MIUI is AOSP ROM. So you have different kernel for Sense ROM, different kernel for MIUI and diffrent kernel for CM. :)

Koloses

Jul 29, 2011
Zielona Góra
MIUI is an mod based on Cynaogenmod's source code.. That's why mikegapinski said about building MIUI on his CM9.
It is worth mentioning that MIUI is not the original project of the Chinese developers, because they heavily rely on open source software called Cyanogen Mod. There was an argue between these two, but Xiaomi has recently decided to provide the code of the system itself in the form of "open source", which is called MiCode.
Trasnlated from MIUIPolska

Last edited:

jasper580

Jan 13, 2011
I'm hoping for a plain ICS... But MIUI is cool too! BTW: How did they built it? The patcher is supposed to run only on 2.3 ROMs...

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

MrAndroid12

Mar 30, 2011
Auckland
ROM will works with other kernels as well for Desire, but for example you have problems with camera, etc. Because MIUI is AOSP ROM. So you have different kernel for Sense ROM, different kernel for MIUI and diffrent kernel for CM. :)

i9000's Glitch kernel for example works fully onCM or MIUI ROM while it wouldn't boot up with samsung ROM.

It's maybe different on the desire, but source code seems to be the same for both CM & MIUI on i9000's version.

So someone can probably down-port MIUI for AMRv6 using source code from swiftdroid for example.

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
Today will mike upload his version of MIUI based on Beta 4.

e3da3dce08.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android developers should port
    MIUI Roms to our devices (LG GT540) !!!

As I am no developer i don't even know where to start!! :):)
    So it would be great if a developer could
    starting porting the MIUI Rom to our devices!!

Here is what a MIUI Rom looks like!! :):)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or-9T44Bt7M

I know there are MIUI Launchers but a MIUI Rom
    will be more effective as a MIUI Rom is really Speedy
    compared to any other Roms!! ;);) (But fast battery drainer)!!! ;)
    MIUI Launcher!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1220695

I did try the MIUI Launcher but it doesn't have
    all the features a MIUI Rom will have!!

So if any developer could port MIUI Roms to our devices that
    will be great!!! ;);););)
    It will take some time but it will be worth it!!! ;););)

Thank You!!!
    So it can't be ported to LG GT540???
    Couldn't it be ported to LG GT540 with only framework??

MIUI is a closed-source project. Therefore we can't make a port. If it was working on another ARM v6 phone, it would be possible, but it isn't.
    Also closed-source ROMs can be ported,like Sony Ericcson ROM.

The Sony ROM that Meitas tried to GT540 was an X8 (ARM v6) ROM.

Also, I wish people will stop asking this question, all posts get the same answer: IT ISN'T POSSIBLE UNTIL MIUI DEVELOPERS RELEASE SOURCES! ARMV6 DOESN'T WORK WITH ARMV7 LIBS!

ugh.. -.-
    GT540 has Armv6 processor,and all miui-supported devices are armv7,so libs are compiled for that type of processor,they won't work on GT540. And,for those who ask: Why it was ported to Galaxy 3? That's only the framework. Popdog123 said me this.

MIUI became open source check out their site. My chinese dont help but google translate did :)
    If you check the github account, you'll see that they've only shared the source of some apps. But, because (what I understand from all MIUI websites) IS only a compilation of modified apps:rolleyes:, and I know where to find the other apps. I'll try (as I already announced) to make a port with the dev team v2. But I still need a bigger team ;) So please join! :D

check this out. automated MIUI porting rom. patching any 2.3 rom to become MIUI . this will help u guys a lot. Already cooking it for O3D.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1483332