• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MIUI] [SURYA] Poco X3 NFC Official MIUI 12.5.1 OTA Update [MANUAL]

Search This thread
Hey y'all! MIUI 12.5.1 OTA update is slowly rolling out for Poco X3 NFC Global users, but you can download it via Xiaomi directly and can manually install it.

Direct DL

WARNING: This is only for Global ROMs for the moment. Minimum version required is V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM. If you have EU, IN, ID, RU, TR it won't work for you (especially IN aka karna).

• Go to Settings
  • Click on About phone
  • Click on the top left gray box saying MIUI version
  • Tap on the 12 logo 7+ times to enable the manual updater
  • Click on the 3 dots on the top right
  • Click on Choose update package
  • Select the ROM you've downloaded
And we're done! That should start the installation process.

Reactions: zpower

Nazri786

Jul 18, 2011
Pulai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Just installed it not so much improvement on the ui because mostly changes on notes miui which we don't get on global version... Ui snappier and gestures improve a lot... Still checking for what's new on poco x3 global...

Nayr7928

Feb 20, 2021
just the fluency improvement which is impressive is already worth it
The update showed up on my notifs but was gone after I tapped it, thinking of going manual cause I can't wait. I'm coming from the buggy 12.0.1 A11, how's the overall performance and what about the memory management? Is it finally not as aggressive as before like what they promised with 12.5?

yawarkhalid

May 27, 2016
Hows the ram management? Is it still as aggressive as before? The official rom can't sync my 10k contacts because of aggressive ram management and google contacts app.

I tried the xiaomi.eu version and the whole rom was extremely laggy on 12.5.1. I reverted back to 12.0.9. immediately. Is it the same for official rom? Is 12.5.1. laggy?

Lastly, does anyone know if it's safe to install the Indonesian official rom on my Global variant phone?

Nayr7928

Feb 20, 2021
Hows the ram management? Is it still as aggressive as before? The official rom can't sync my 10k contacts because of aggressive ram management and google contacts app.

I tried the xiaomi.eu version and the whole rom was extremely laggy on 12.5.1. I reverted back to 12.0.9. immediately. Is it the same for official rom? Is 12.5.1. laggy?

Lastly, does anyone know if it's safe to install the Indonesian official rom on my Global variant phone?
I'm currently using 12.5.1 Official Global ROM. And I think it's terrible. I can open multiple apps without having to worry one will close even if it's a heavy game. BUT! The normal background apps that worked fine before 12.5 were restarting like crazy. Even the game turbo overlay in games gets closed while in-game (Genshin Impact). Most of the time the refresh rate randomly goes down to 60 or 90 when scrolling which is laggy to our eyes. And my only access to floating window is through game turbo.

I recommend sticking with 12.0.9 for now.

Reactions: yawarkhalid

yawarkhalid

May 27, 2016
I'm currently using 12.5.1 Official Global ROM. And I think it's terrible. I can open multiple apps without having to worry one will close even if it's a heavy game. BUT! The normal background apps that worked fine before 12.5 were restarting like crazy. Even the game turbo overlay in games gets closed while in-game (Genshin Impact). Most of the time the refresh rate randomly goes down to 60 or 90 when scrolling which is laggy to our eyes. And my only access to floating window is through game turbo.

Thanks. Makes matters much clearer. Faced the same issue when I went to Xiaomi.eu 12.5.1. for a while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey y'all! MIUI 12.5.1 OTA update is slowly rolling out for Poco X3 NFC Global users, but you can download it via Xiaomi directly and can manually install it.

Direct DL

WARNING: This is only for Global ROMs for the moment. Minimum version required is V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM. If you have EU, IN, ID, RU, TR it won't work for you (especially IN aka karna).

• Go to Settings
    • Click on About phone
    • Click on the top left gray box saying MIUI version
    • Tap on the 12 logo 7+ times to enable the manual updater
    • Click on the 3 dots on the top right
    • Click on Choose update package
    • Select the ROM you've downloaded
    And we're done! That should start the installation process.