MIUI V10.2.28.0 PFAEUXM Stable 485M just released

Search This thread

iamvinzkie

Nov 14, 2017
Can someone upload the boot/root img of 10.2.28. It happens to me that I'm currently stucked at TWRP option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    REVIEW of the update 3 days in

I like it, and I don't like it.

Here's why I like it:

1. It finally fixed the colors for 10.2.26.0 where the AMOLED panel looked washed out like an LCD. The colors are comparable to an S9 now.
    2. The battery notification on the Ambient display was wanted, but after a week or two of seeing the ambient display without it, I want a toggle, honestly.
    3. Battery life seems to have become better? I have no idea, I feel like I just won about 20% more battery life with this update.
    4. The display finally doesn't give me half a seizure when it doesn't properly detect my fingerprint anymore.
    5. THEY FINALLY INCREASED APP SIZE ALL THE WAY TO THE NOTCH, and that basically means we can have almost full screen apps now that touch the notch.
    6. Video recording mode finally started looking brighter as the judder/stutter/locking got heavily reduced.

Here's why I don't like it:

1. Audio quality through the dongle headphone jack seems poor now. How's that possible?
    2. The update states pocket mode is enabled ( a much needed update for this phone ) yet it's nowhere to be found.
    3. The notifications bar is not centered, it was left where it was before they fixed the notification bar size and it looks out of place when different color notification bar appears.
    4. The camera sometimes hangs for a bit when you lock the screen with the camera app opened and open it again with the double power tap.
    5. We still don't have an option to fully cancel out the notch for apps (so that they ignore it, don't know it's there and they just move on, some apps result in a black top bar in landscape mode where the notch stands and it's infuriating)
    6. Still no DC dimming available, which is just stupid at this point seeing as the Chinese variant has it for what... 1+ months now?
    7. Still no Game Turbo 2.0
    8. We got the June Security Patch instead of the July one (and we still have to wait to see if we actually got the June one and it's not just fake)
    9. Still no notifications toggle for quick full screen gestures mode from on screen buttons and vice versa
    10. Still no on screen button for manual screen flip if auto rotation is disabled
    11. Still no on screen quick buttons for the screenshot menu
    12. Still no most recent Camera UI
    13. There is still some judder/locking up when recording H.265 Image Stabilization 4K30 and even 1080p30.
    14. Night mode still feels messy and bad (thank god for GCAM)
    15. Ambient display sometimes turns grey and the sun/moon disappears completely

And that's about what I noticed with this update. It's heavily appreciated but I still feel as if we are at least 2-3 patches away from actually getting that device that can get an "It's alright" mark with it's stock fimware. It feels really annoying to see that the chinese variant gets patches way, way before EU gets them, and I'm thinking of jumping on the Xiaomi.eu ROM but I like keeping the device fresh and basically untouched. However, I'm dying to see the 84Hz mod in action.

Edit: I have tested the video function further. The UI definitely sees more lag but the final video has very, very few moments when it actually stutters/freezes.
    No one can say anything about persistant notifications?

It's still like before.
    Same version number, but different size and changelog[emoji848]
    You must, like me, have come from .27 and so some bugs that came with it has fixed. 27 was withdrawn just days arter release so many users never got it.

Skickat från min MI 9 via Tapatalk
    See it in a daily use and write, please

It's very fickle. Today it consumed 9% battery in 6 hours of sleep.