DeathStroke47

• Aug 15, 2020

Screenshot_2021-03-10-23-58-55-184_com.android.settings.jpg

Last edited:

sanctitude888

Jun 2, 2015
    LG V30
    Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
    So basically after the update, there are apps allowed to access any files, media only and the rest not allowed. I can no longer attach pdf files, say from whatsapp or file manager(s) to gmail. Gmail, oddly, has access to media only. Anybody experience this? It sucks, but on the bright side, there is still workaround

sanctitude888

Jun 2, 2015
    LG V30
    Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
    Hi, do you have link for Indonesian rom version MIUI 12.1.1.0 RJDIDXM?
    I don't think it's available yet but if you signed up as stable tester you should get it by now. But I don't recommend to upgrade just yet, especially when u use the phone mostly for work. Android 11 implements different kind of storage permission and any apps targeting Android 11 are affected. I am not able to share pdf (or probably any kind of document files) to gmail from whatsapp or file manager due to the recent update. Not even from within gmail app or from drive. Gmail gets access to media only (which is kinda weird and nuts).

DeathStroke47

• Aug 15, 2020
    So basically after the update, there are apps allowed to access any files, media only and the rest not allowed. I can no longer attach pdf files, say from whatsapp or file manager(s) to gmail. Gmail, oddly, has access to media only. Anybody experience this? It sucks, but on the bright side, there is still workaround
    Blame google for that. It is new android 11 security measure.

zaqm

• Apr 8, 2017
    I manage to overcome the issue by enabling miui optimization. I have no choice because it's barely functioning. But this so called optimization takes up so many space, but the main issue is updating Vanced I guess.
    You can just disable miui optimization, update youtube vanced and enable it again.

sanctitude888

Jun 2, 2015
    LG V30
    Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
    You can just disable miui optimization, update youtube vanced and enable it again.
    Thanks for the advise but since updated to android 11, it seems to break interaction between apps. I can't even save to google drive or attach mostly anything to email from other apps. But everything's fine with optimization on. I'm gonna go with adb or shizuku method in case I need to re-install Vanced. Cheers.

zaqm

• Apr 8, 2017
    Thanks for the advise but since updated to android 11, it seems to break interaction between apps. I can't even save to google drive or attach mostly anything to email from other apps. But everything's fine with optimization on. I'm gonna go with adb or shizuku method in case I need to re-install Vanced. Cheers.
    As I said you don't need to permanently disable it, you just have to disable it only to update/install vanced and enable it again. Vanced and your apps should continue to work normally.

Reactions: sanctitude888

sanctitude888

Jun 2, 2015
    LG V30
    Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
    As I said you don't need to permanently disable it, you just have to disable it only to update/install vanced and enable it again. Vanced and your apps should continue to work normally.
    I don't have long history with miui (my old xiaomi device runs lineage) and I was informed by a friend, disabling optimization will break few things such as permissions will be reset and worst case is all whatsapp chat will stop showing contacts' name and replaced by phone number instead. That was on miui 10. I hope that isn't the case with miui 12. I have no intention to find out since this is a work phone. Have you experience any of the above upon disabling miui optimization temporarily? And one more thing, does it require to be rebooted before installing vanced? Thanks in advance.

zaqm

• Apr 8, 2017
    I don't have long history with miui (my old xiaomi device runs lineage) and I was informed by a friend, disabling optimization will break few things such as permissions will be reset and worst case is all whatsapp chat will stop showing contacts' name and replaced by phone number instead. That was on miui 10. I hope that isn't the case with miui 12. I have no intention to find out since this is a work phone. Have you experience any of the above upon disabling miui optimization temporarily? And one more thing, does it require to be rebooted before installing vanced? Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, right after I disabled it some of the apps' permissions got resetted and had to manually grant them again. My phone uses 144hz refresh rate and it was set to 60fps. Phone started to lag 😁 but after that I found that the refresh rate was lowered.
    No, disable miui optimizations, install/update vanced and then enable them agian and reboot phone.
    After that you can set the desired app permissions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone