MIUI12 how to replace default Xiaomi clock and agenda ?

Search This thread

M1ster1

Sep 3, 2013
Hi there,
My 160h unlock time will finally be over tomorrow :LOL: and I will be able to root.

I would like to replace the default Xiaomi Clock and the default Xiaomi Agenda by the ones from google easily downloadable on Google Play, how can I do that ?

Removing the default Clock and Agenda is not a problem, I will probably find a way with Magisk or another tool (Titanium Backup), but how make sure that the new apps from Google will be recognized as default ?

Because right now, after having installed the Google Clock for example, when I set an alarm, I don't get any "alarm clock" icon in the status bar, unlike the default clock that comes with MIUI 12.

Thank you! :geek:

Last edited:

M1ster1

Sep 3, 2013
Well. after a few researches, I found that I could easily replace the
/system/app/DeskClock/DeskClock.apk
By the ones I want to modify it.

So I went to : https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=clock
To find some clocks, download them, rename them "DeskClock.apk".

I replaced my system clock by the OnePlus clock, then reboot : No luck, it does not even open the app, just an error appearing.

Then, I replaced it by the last version of Google clock, reboot : Working ! The clock is opening normally... but when I set an alarm, it still does not trigger the "alarm" icon in the status bar :cautious:

So I reversed back to MiUi clock for now...

Tanksrop

Jul 13, 2021
hey man
Well. after a few researches, I found that I could easily replace the
/system/app/DeskClock/DeskClock.apk
By the ones I want to modify it.

So I went to : https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=clock
To find some clocks, download them, rename them "DeskClock.apk".

I replaced my system clock by the OnePlus clock, then reboot : No luck, it does not even open the app, just an error appearing.

Then, I replaced it by the last version of Google clock, reboot : Working ! The clock is opening normally... but when I set an alarm, it still does not trigger the "alarm" icon in the status bar :cautious:

So I reversed back to MiUi clock for now...
hey man, did you find a solution? I want to do the same with the miui system apps and replace some of them

Miuiuser05112003

Jan 25, 2022
Hi there,
My 160h unlock time will finally be over tomorrow :LOL: and I will be able to root.

I would like to replace the default Xiaomi Clock and the default Xiaomi Agenda by the ones from google easily downloadable on Google Play, how can I do that ?

Removing the default Clock and Agenda is not a problem, I will probably find a way with Magisk or another tool (Titanium Backup), but how make sure that the new apps from Google will be recognized as default ?

Because right now, after having installed the Google Clock for example, when I set an alarm, I don't get any "alarm clock" icon in the status bar, unlike the default clock that comes with MIUI 12.

Thank you! :geek:
Bro just go to settings/app/permissions/other permissions' select Google clock and tick all the columns.thats it you will receive clock notifications.