Question [MIUI12][Update][Global] Any issues brought by the update for Global MIUI V12.0.4.0.RKHEUXM

Search This thread

AkechiShiro

• Apr 10, 2021
    France
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    Hi,

I have received the update notification for the global update : V12.0.2.0.RKHEUXM that fixes the screen dimming issue and optimizes the battery at night during standby (that's what some people said on Reddit) and allow a higher stability of the system on the phone.

The changelog is not much detailed, this looks like a hotfix kinda.

However, I am afraid to do this update and have a phone that would be less functional than before hence anyone who has done this update with their POCO F3, could tell me whether they noticed new bugs/issues appear?

Edit : The update changelog was wrongly translated to V12.0.2 in my language but the real update was V12.0.4.

Edit 2: The MIUI Optimization slider is no longer present after this update for my Poco F3,
    read this for more info.

Last edited:

Swooshy1

Mar 10, 2010
    DId the update twice ! EU ROM...12.04...

Battery lost over night 28% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RAndom shutdowns still... ill sent it back soon..
    worst phone i ever had since years software wise..... what a shame for poco!!!!!!!!!

Amazon.de shows more and more negative feedback! 3.8 now is the ranking... and mine is comming soon

AkechiShiro

• Apr 10, 2021
    France
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    DId the update twice ! EU ROM...12.04...

Battery lost over night 28% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RAndom shutdowns still... ill sent it back soon..
    worst phone i ever had since years software wise..... what a shame for poco!!!!!!!!!

Amazon.de shows more and more negative feedback! 3.8 now is the ranking... and mine is comming soon
    Wait I think, the update you're talking about isn't V12.0.2.0.RKHEUXM on MIUI Global, you're talking about another update here EU ROM 12.04 ? (There is no EU ROM that I know of, only Global ROMs from Xiaomi). I have seen no one else report any issue with V12.0.2.0.RKHEUXM so far, so I was a bit surprised you said so, can you confirm which update exactly is giving you these issues (for future people who will read this thread so that they don't get confused) ?

navey

• Nov 29, 2012
    OnePlus 6T
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    Strange. I still have not experienced anything out of the ordinary with this phone other than the rather annoying third party gestures are broken thing. Everything working as it should. Can't speak on battery life yet as I just got the phone yesterday and I charge overnight so I have no idea what my standby drain is yet

Swooshy1

Mar 10, 2010
    This i ment .perhaps i was wrong? This one isnt good at all..

IMG_20210423_152933.jpg

AkechiShiro

• Apr 10, 2021
    France
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    I actually don't know because the update that was given to me looks like this, they may be very similar but I don't know why they are different in like V12.0.2 vs v12.0.4 maybe they are the same somehow maybe not. I made the mistake too since my link showed the wrong update so it was my bad as well.
    IMG_20210423_154127.jpg

Swooshy1

Mar 10, 2010
    the update u post, was the last one here in my country... we went up from 12.02 to 12.04..
    there was a small list with fixes.. one should be the over night drain... but its definatly there

AkechiShiro

• Apr 10, 2021
    France
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    the update u post, was the last one here in my country... we went up from 12.02 to 12.04..
    there was a small list with fixes.. one should be the over night drain... but its definatly there
    This probably means Xiaomi mixed up the wrong numbers (maybe I'm just wrong and there was two upgrades) for the new update when translating it in my language, I'm going to do it right now and report back on what my version number becomes (it is 12.02 RKHEUXM at the moment in my phone's settings before updating). However, I have never noticed the issue of random reboots you've mentioned.

AkechiShiro

• Apr 10, 2021
    France
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    I was right Xiaomi wrongly translated the update changelog in my language, I am now on V12.04 RKHEUXM. I'll be testing it a bit to see if there is any new issue I'll report it here, but it looks like this update is somewhat safe, most people haven't been affected by weird issues after having done this update. It is highly probable that Xiaomi pushed this update as a hotfix only (as they needed to do this fast else everyone will return their brand new Poco F3) for the screen dimming and maybe some battery standby fix at night. Hence, why issues that were affecting some Poco F3 on V12.02 are still showing up on this new version such as random reboots some people are facing.

AkechiShiro

• Apr 10, 2021
    France
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    I'd like to warn everybody that during the update the MIUI from 12.02 to 12.04, the optimization slider in the dev settings has disappeared for me.

It seems that it affects a lot of other phones under MIUI 12 since a while, maybe Xiaomi doesn't want us to disable those optimization however it is necessary for some apps such as YouTube Vanced.

More info here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...eming-turn-on-miui-optimization-gone.4254555/

A quick workaround is told here but needs root...
    If you're rooted, paste these commands into terminal:

su
    setprop persist.sys.miui_optimization false

Then Optimization settings is back in the menu.

You can check that your phone has been modified after the update by running :
    Code:
    adb shell
    getprop persist.sys.miui_optimization

if the result is true you won't see anymore the MIUI 12 optimization slider in the dev settings and I know of no workaround to make it appear back again, if anyone has time and can contact the Xiaomi support and ask them how to disable MIUI 12 optimization now. That would be helpful.

Edit : I was wrong true only means that MIUI 12 optimisation are actually on, I posted a workaround that works in the next reply.

Last edited:

AshleyDaninck

Mar 13, 2011
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    My poco f3 Sometimes doesnt turn on the screen when i unlock it... But the unlock sound is present.. very annoying having to unlock my phone several times before it turns on the screen..

Edit: also random reboots at night..

AkechiShiro

• Apr 10, 2021
    France
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    My poco f3 Sometimes doesnt turn on the screen when i unlock it... But the unlock sound is present.. very annoying having to unlock my phone several times before it turns on the screen..

Edit: also random reboots at night..
    I'm curious about the random reboots at night, how does it happen? When you don't use the phone it reboots on its own? Could you explain a bit more what happens? When being charged ? Or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Just did the update. Seems okay so far. Will update if I have any issues
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone