Themes / Apps / Mods [MIX Fold 2][MAGISK] Global ROM-ify module collection [Add translations, Google Assistant, Android Auto]

Search This thread

AndroPlus

I decided to create a module sharing thread here.

If Magisk is enabled, all modules will continue to work after the OTA update. (use "Install to Inactive Slot" method)
If Magisk is disabled, the module also loses its effectiveness.

Add official translations from Global ROM​

Since MIUI China ROM doesn't have translations other than English or China-related languages, I created Magisk module to add more languages.
I extracted official translations from MIUI Global ROM.

If there's no official translations, it will be showed in English (like search bar and some options only for China ROM).

This module also enables Google Location History & Nearby Share.

Global ROM Flag Patch​

This Magisk module changes ROM flag to Global.
You can't change region, but some settings and VoLTE icons will become Global version.
Please note Global version has less features than China version, so you can't see some settings like enhanced keyboard.

This module doesn't contain translations.

You can install both translation patch and flag patch.

Please note this module can cause bootloops!

--- If you want to use flag patch with MIUI optimization turned off (optional) ---
Please note if you disabled MIUI optimization, you'll get duplicate Package Installer (MIUI and AOSP) and it will cause bootloop.
Please don't disable MIUI optimization before installing this module, and disable one of the Package Installer to prevent bootloop.

So for installing flag patch module, you need to do:
1. Install above translation patch and reboot
2. Enable MIUI optimization and reboot
3. Install lite module and reboot
4. Disable MIUI optimization
5. Two "Package Installer" app will be available so disable one of them (I recommend non-Xiaomi logo one)
6. Reboot
-------------

If bootloop happens, run this:
adb wait-for-device shell su -c "touch /data/adb/modules/xiaomi-miui-conv-lite/disable;reboot"

Enable Android Auto​

Here's the guide for enabling Android Auto.
You have to uninstall Android Auto first, then install Magisk module, and set permissions in AOSP settings (use "MIUI Hidden Settings" or something)

Enable Google Assistant and hide dialog of Google Photo​

You can activate Google Assistant with this Magisk module.
It also systemize Google Photo app so that you don't need to press Allow when you edit photos/videos.

If my modules are helpful, I appreciate your donation.
Donate via PayPal
Donate via GitHub Sponsors

Last edited:

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
what do we need to do to get OK GOOGLE working after we install the module? I installed the module, now can activate assistant and trained the voice assistant on the phone. it still does not respond to ok google if you say it though on my phone with the screen on or off.

I have battery restrictions on google and assistant turned off.

also, I think the links to the first two modules point to the same place above? I can't find the correct link for the first module

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Thank you for creating the Google Assistant module. Prior to installing the module with Magisk I had installed Google Assistant, but I could only activate voice commands by tapping on its icon. Now that I have installed the module, when I say "Hey Google" or "OK Google" the green microphone icon appears at the top left of my status bar, so I know Google Assistant is 'listening', but when I give it voice commands it doesn't respond. If I tap on the icon and then speak it obeys voice commands, but I could do that before the module. I am rooted with Magisk and have only installed the universal saftey net module, your (full, not the lite CN - Global) module, and your Google Assistant module. I have given the Google app and the Google Assistant app all permissions and unrestricted battery, and have set Google Assistant as the Mix Fold 2's default digital assistant. Am I missing some steps to get Google Assistant to respond to my voice? (I have MIUI optiminzations turned off)

AndroPlus

@knives of ice @frcraig
It looks like "magisk-module-miui-cn2global-lite" is needed to make it work as MIUI China has Xiaomi's assistant (I was checking assistant with lite module).
For the OK google in lock screen, it seems we need more work...
The assistant seems to hear the command but does not appear in the foreground.

I think the links to the first two modules point to the same place above? I can't find the correct link for the first module
These two modules take different approaches to convert the China ROM into a Global ROM.
"-lite" one changes ROM's functionality to global.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
@AndroPlus, thanks so much. I hope you can figure out how to get ok google working. almost there it seems. also, any chance we can get google smart lock working?

also, this is what confuses me on the 2 magisk modules you link

magisk-module-miui-cn2global.zip
70 MB

2. "Lite"

magisk-module-miui-cn2global.zip
4.71 KB
Aug 15, 2022

when you download them they both have the same filenames as you can see above and when installed they appear as the same module in the magisk modules listing of installed modules. shouldn't there be 2 separate modules appearing when installed?

Last edited:

AndroPlus

@knives of ice
hmm, something went wrong since I set different ID for the modules...
I reuploaded lite module with different file name:

For the smart lock, you can enable it in "Trust agents" option and use "Activity Launcher" app to find and open smart lock options.

Reactions: knives of ice

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
@knives of ice

For the smart lock, you can enable it in "Trust agents" option and use "Activity Launcher" app to find and open smart lock options.

yep, that fixed it. thanks so much got them all now

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
@knives of ice @frcraig
It looks like "magisk-module-miui-cn2global-lite" is needed to make it work as MIUI China has Xiaomi's assistant (I was checking assistant with lite module).
For the OK google in lock screen, it seems we need more work...
The assistant seems to hear the command but does not appear in the foreground.

These two modules take different approaches to convert the China ROM into a Global ROM.
"-lite" one changes ROM's functionality to global.
So I went into Magisk manager and removed the full version module and installed the lite.zip, but when it prompted me to reboot I'm now stuck at the mi screen and my phone won't boot up.

AndroPlus

So I went into Magisk manager and removed the full version module and installed the lite.zip, but when it prompted me to reboot I'm now stuck at the mi screen and my phone won't boot up.
You can enable both full and lite module.

As I wrote in OP, duplicated Package Manager causes bootloop when you use lite module and MIUI optimization off.
You can enter into safe mode by pressing volume down key to disable all modules, or
adb wait-for-device shell su -c "touch /data/adb/modules/xiaomi-miui-conv-lite/disable"
to disable lite module.

So for installing lite module, you need to do:
1. Enable MIUI optimization and reboot
2. Install lite module and reboot
3. Disable MIUI optimization
4. Two "Package Manager" app will be available so disable one of them (I recommend non-Xiaomi logo one)
5. Reboot

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
I can boot to fastboot, but can't use adb commands because Windows no longer sees my device. Can you explain how to enter safe mode to disable all modules?

AndroPlus

OK, I tried that - now it is just stuck on the mi logo
I think you couldn't enter into safe mode, maybe you have to try changing the timing of pressing.
You can try booting into recovery and press safe mode option too.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
So I tried it in unfolded state and was able to get to the recover screen. However when I click "safe mode" the phone reboots to the mi logo and the bootloop continues. I must have done something wrong in replacing the full CN-Global module with the Lite version. Within Magisk manager I had "removed" the full version module, and it then had a rid line through it in the manager. I then installed and enabled the lite version at which time it prompted me to reboot. Perhpas next time I will reboot after revoving the full version and before I flash the light version.

End result is the same- I'm stuck in a bootloop.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
So I tried it in unfolded state and was able to get to the recover screen. However when I click "safe mode" the phone reboots to the mi logo and the bootloop continues. I must have done something wrong in replacing the full CN-Global module with the Lite version. Within Magisk manager I had "removed" the full version module, and it then had a rid line through it in the manager. I then installed and enabled the lite version at which time it prompted me to reboot. Perhpas next time I will reboot after revoving the full version and before I flash the light version.

End result is the same- I'm stuck in a bootloop.

been there, hope I never have to go back. at least you got to recovery with the folded screen. I don't know why your device isn't recognized in fastboot though. It would be horrible to have to wipe data but you might have to.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
I let the battery drain completely (same effect as removing battery in older phones) and then plugged my phone in and immediately pressed power on plus volume up and was able to enter recovery mode. I had to wipe everything, but at least I'm still unlocked and rooted with magisk.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
@knives of ice

Thank you for renaming the 'lite' module. Having the full version and lite version use the same file name was confusing. When you have time would you be able to update the translation in the lite version to match that of the full version (MIUI 13.1), because several of the settings options that are needed on the Mix Fold 2 don't appear.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
I let the battery drain completely (same effect as removing battery in older phones) and then plugged my phone in and immediately pressed power on plus volume up and was able to enter recovery mode. I had to wipe everything, but at least I'm still unlocked and rooted with magisk.

sucks to have to wipe data, but sometimes there is no choice. I still think it is insane that recovery only works in unfolded state. I can't believe i learned that an hour after paying $40 to get my phone to book with edl method cause I couldn't get into recovery but never tried it unfolded.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi you have to unlockbthe bootloader and download the github linkbto magisk in your Phone. For instance i have do'ne yet and patched the boot image of the last rom but i am not sûre how to fastboot thé boot. Img someone should help please ? M'ybadb is only adb seconds ans i cant install platformbtools to put thé boot img the folder..
    After the Bootloader has been unlocked and you have patched the boot image, you shutdown the phone, then press and hold Power and volume down buttons until you see FASTBOOT written on the screen.
    Then you connect it to the PC and you use Fastboot command to flash the image.
    The command is: fastboot flash boot boot.img (or whatever the filename is)
    That flashes the patched Boot image and after that, you just install magisk on the phone (if not already done so.
    that's it
    Please update cn2global module to v13, this may fix AA.
    The native app does not work and i had many issues with it especially with group mms. So i switched to google messages and it works perfect
    I was having issues with both apps. I changed the APN settings around according to a forum post I found on Xiaomi.eu about my specific carrier. Now MMS, group MMS, and RCS are all working flawlessly.
    Please update cn2global module to v13, this may fix AA.
    AA working perfectly now. I just sent Paypal donation over, thank you for all of these modules!!
    There's an updated version of Google Assistant supporting MIUI 14 / Android 13 as well?
    Added.
    I decided to create a module sharing thread here.

If Magisk is enabled, all modules will continue to work after the OTA update. (use "Install to Inactive Slot" method)
    If Magisk is disabled, the module also loses its effectiveness.

Add official translations from Global ROM​

Since MIUI China ROM doesn't have translations other than English or China-related languages, I created Magisk module to add more languages.
    I extracted official translations from MIUI Global ROM.

If there's no official translations, it will be showed in English (like search bar and some options only for China ROM).

This module also enables Google Location History & Nearby Share.

Global ROM Flag Patch​

This Magisk module changes ROM flag to Global.
    You can't change region, but some settings and VoLTE icons will become Global version.
    Please note Global version has less features than China version, so you can't see some settings like enhanced keyboard.

This module doesn't contain translations.

You can install both translation patch and flag patch.

Please note this module can cause bootloops!

--- If you want to use flag patch with MIUI optimization turned off (optional) ---
    Please note if you disabled MIUI optimization, you'll get duplicate Package Installer (MIUI and AOSP) and it will cause bootloop.
    Please don't disable MIUI optimization before installing this module, and disable one of the Package Installer to prevent bootloop.

So for installing flag patch module, you need to do:
    1. Install above translation patch and reboot
    2. Enable MIUI optimization and reboot
    3. Install lite module and reboot
    4. Disable MIUI optimization
    5. Two "Package Installer" app will be available so disable one of them (I recommend non-Xiaomi logo one)
    6. Reboot
    -------------

If bootloop happens, run this:
    adb wait-for-device shell su -c "touch /data/adb/modules/xiaomi-miui-conv-lite/disable;reboot"

Enable Android Auto​

Here's the guide for enabling Android Auto.
    You have to uninstall Android Auto first, then install Magisk module, and set permissions in AOSP settings (use "MIUI Hidden Settings" or something)

Enable Google Assistant and hide dialog of Google Photo​

You can activate Google Assistant with this Magisk module.
    It also systemize Google Photo app so that you don't need to press Allow when you edit photos/videos.

If my modules are helpful, I appreciate your donation.
    Donate via PayPal
    Donate via GitHub Sponsors
    so with the OTA what steps did you do to install it since you are rooted with Magisk? it sounds like you can just install it normally, even if you are rooted. what did you end up doing, did you turn off magisk at all or anything?
    I first turned off "automatically install updates" in Developer Settings. Then I went into Settings and clicked on my MIUI 13.1.16 version and it prompted me to check for updates. When it found an update it asked if I wanted to download it and I clicked yes. When it finished downloading it asked me if I wanted to install and I clicked yes. It quickly downloaded a relatively small 1.8 GB incremental update and began to install it and part way through it stopped and said "error installing MIUI ROM update". I went back and checked for update again and again was prompted to download the update. This time it downloaded a much larger 5.4 GB update and when I chose to install it took about twenty minutes to install but finished and then prompted me to reboot. I DID NOT reboot. Instead I opened the Magisk Manager app (I hadn't turned off Magisk or any of its modules) and within the Magisk Manager I chose to "install" Magisk (not 'install Magisk app) and I was then given three choices as to how to install Magisk. I chose "install to inactive slot after OTA"). When this completed within Magisk I was prompted to reboot my phone and it took about five minutes to boot back up (just like it did when I first flashed Magisk) and the phone was then up and running with the update installed and with Magisk still installed and all its modules still installed and active.

Xiaomi will allow OTA updates with root, but apparently only full, not incremental updates. When it first tries to install an incremental update it will fail, but just do it again and this time it downloads the full update and you are good to go.
    The native app does not work and i had many issues with it especially with group mms. So i switched to google messages and it works perfect
    I was having issues with both apps. I changed the APN settings around according to a forum post I found on Xiaomi.eu about my specific carrier. Now MMS, group MMS, and RCS are all working flawlessly.
    There's an updated version of Google Assistant supporting MIUI 14 / Android 13 as well?
    Added.
    Hi you have to unlockbthe bootloader and download the github linkbto magisk in your Phone. For instance i have do'ne yet and patched the boot image of the last rom but i am not sûre how to fastboot thé boot. Img someone should help please ? M'ybadb is only adb seconds ans i cant install platformbtools to put thé boot img the folder..
    After the Bootloader has been unlocked and you have patched the boot image, you shutdown the phone, then press and hold Power and volume down buttons until you see FASTBOOT written on the screen.
    Then you connect it to the PC and you use Fastboot command to flash the image.
    The command is: fastboot flash boot boot.img (or whatever the filename is)
    That flashes the patched Boot image and after that, you just install magisk on the phone (if not already done so.
    that's it