Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio, video and TV player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.
Play media files organized in folders
IPTV addon with support for EPG and archives
Youtube and web browser addons
Support for network folders: SFTP, SMB (CIFS), Google drive
Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
Support for favorites and playlists
Support for CUE and M3U playlists
Support for M3U playlist URLs
Support for bookmarks
Shuffle and repeat functions
Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
Sort tracks by name, file name, date or randomly
Customizable titles and subtitles
Support for Android Auto
Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)
There are two version of the player:
1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:
To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader
(recommended) or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below. Before the installation, make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is enabled in the Android Auto settings. To enable this option, open AA settings on your phone and go to the "Developer Settings" section.
Installing with KingInstaller
Installing from PC
- Download and install the attached apk.
- Open KingInstaller.
- Select Fermata-auto.apk, downloaded from Github.
- Press the install button.
(adb utility is required, does not work for Android 11+):
Installing from Android
- Install adb - https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
- Connect device to USB
- Open console and run the following commands:
- adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX.apk /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
- adb shell pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
- adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
(ROOT is required):
- Install the downloaded apk.
- Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
- Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.
Before connecting to Android Auto:
- Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
- Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.