- Mar 18, 2017
I'm not sure if you have seen my thread, but if you think it would be helpful, you can include the link in this post:Themes and Skins
vi. SKINS and THEMES
Note: Thanks @FatalBulletHit for the excellent materiel and re-write of this post.
There are 2 ways to change the look of the MiXplorer UI: Skins, and Themes.
- Skins primarily involve the colours of various elements, font parameters (eg bold/normal), icon parameters (eg round/square). There are many elements to keep track of but this is all accessible through the MiXplorer UI. Modifying skins can be done within the MiXplorer app by going to: 3 Dot menu > Settings > Skin. Until you learn the various elements, testing small changes incrementally may be advisable and is a good way to explore. eg Make one element bright red then check the UI to see what changed. Lather, rinse, repeat with different elements.
Skins may be uploaded or downloaded from the Skins gallery (where there are instructions about how to upload your own skin and apply skins). http://gallery.asymmetrics.nl/index...io5NTZmNzliOTMzOWY4ZDRlYmM3ZjQxNWZjYzE2ZjI3Yg. There are many nice user contributed skins in this gallery. There may be others shared in various posts in the MiXplorer threads.
To select a skin: Settings - Skin - <select skin>
To create new skin (based on default skin): Settings - Skins - Add - New
To modify an existing skin: Settings - Skins - <pencil> - Edit
Skin documentation: You can find a somewhat in depth documentation by @FatalBulletHit in this FAQ post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78541319&postcount=733.
To save a new or modified skin:
- To save a skin for the first time: Tap "save" then enter the name of the skin and the author.
- To save after modifying an existing skin, tap save (name/author will not be requested again.)
To export skin (2 ways):
- Settings - Skins - <pencil> - Export - clipboard.
This exports the skin to clipboard. The clipboard contents can be pasted into a text file and saved, or pasted into a new MiXplorer installation.
- Settings - Skins - <pencil> - Export - micfg
This saves the skin as an importable .micfg file.
To install skin (2 ways):
- Copy skin values from a text file into buffer, or have them in buffer from previous export to clipboard.
- Settings - Skins - Add - Clipboard
- Navigate to and select a <skinname>.micfg file than select "Import"
- Themes yield an even wider range of potential UI changes which are made by modifying the actual resources (files and other graphic aspects) with which the UI is constructed and displayed during use. Creating themes requires some understanding about the resources themselves and how to perform some intermediate file management tasks but it is not very hard to do.
- Custom can be found and discussed a few places (and as with any other MiX discussion is welcome here as well):
Announced here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76812709&postcount=25259
Direct link here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76812645&postcount=1
Announced here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76816946&postcount=25262
Direct link here: [Themes] MiXplorer Themes by TerrorFlatRider; https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76816946&postcount=25262
Themes from Vladimir:
Announced here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78240950&postcount=26780
Direct link here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rPYLPtJGeu9iwPCTasT_f2K86uVho7pU
Theme by @mhz
This is the list of available user created theme and skin repositories as listed in the main thread as of October 2020.
• Themes by @djdarkknight96
• Themes by @TerrorFlatRider
• Themes by Vladimir
• Themes by Marciozomb13
• Theme Corporate
• Guillaume Skins Gallery
• YandLiu Skins Gallery
Sample theme which could be used as a template. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76629263&postcount=25049
To install a Theme: Open MiXplorer (must be MiX, not other file manager) > tap theme mit file > tap import.
To remove/revert theme to default: Settings > More Settings > Reset > Theme.
Note: When installing or installing themes it is best to first revert to the default skin as well.
LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
i. INTRODUCTION, GETTING MIXPLORER, & INSTALLATION
ii. UI, NAVIGATION, VIEW CONFIGURATION, BOOKMARKS, TABS
iii. WORKING WITH FILES & FOLDERS
iv. FTP, HTTP, TCP SERVERS
v. PLUG-INS & SETTINGS
vi. THEMES and SKINS
vii. BUG REPORTING, TROUBLESHOOTING, AND FAQ WIP
WTF why cant I edit this post
This is a Tutorial for you to make your own themes and skins for MiXplorer. You can either start from scratch, or take an existing theme and change the resources used by replacing them with the ones you like. This is a very simple process and...
Thanks (either way).