• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MiXplorer: Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)

Search This thread

nicospanas

Jan 27, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A21s
If this is the permission prompt I think it is (I'm not 100% sure it is) then typically you would only have to do it once per drive - internal, external, USB - after which you would be able to browse those drives without seeing the prompt again.
I clicked on "use this folder" once for internal storage and once for data folder (that's where it was redirecting by default on search) and now it seems I don't get the prompt anymore. It is really strange to me that as systems advance, things that were simple, become more complicated for the everyday user. I have used mixplorer in older devices with older android versions, and didn't have to do any of this. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and patience. Really appreciate it.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I clicked on "use this folder" once for internal storage and once for data folder (that's where it was redirecting by default on search) and now it seems I don't get the prompt anymore. It is really strange to me that as systems advance, things that were simple, become more complicated for the everyday user. I have used mixplorer in older devices with older android versions, and didn't have to do any of this. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and patience. Really appreciate it.

You answered your own musing with the statement "as systems advance". As Google has advanced upon us there have been increasing levels of restrictions about what an app can see on the device and what we can do with the devices. The advancement is not necessarily in our interest, it may include a veil of security but it is primarily in the interest of Google being able to make money by tracking our habits and controlling our data while also assuring that we purchase devices as frequently as possible.

Last edited:

roihershberg

Nov 14, 2020
Hello. I really like the feature of "Symbolic link" where it creates a ".lnk" file that points to a certain file or directory.
However, I'm trying to figure out the format of the file and how I can create those files without MiXplorer. For example, I could create a script in Termux that creates a lot of ".lnk" files that otherwise would take very long time in MiXplorer.
Does anyone know the format of those ".lnk" files and how to create them manually outside of MiXplorer?

Reactions: pocketrule

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Hello. I really like the feature of "Symbolic link" where it creates a ".lnk" file that points to a certain file or directory.
However, I'm trying to figure out the format of the file and how I can create those files without MiXplorer. For example, I could create a script in Termux that creates a lot of ".lnk" files that otherwise would take very long time in MiXplorer.
Does anyone know the format of those ".lnk" files and how to create them manually outside of MiXplorer?
Do these ".lnk" files work on a non-UNIX filesystem?

In UNIX/Linux/Android filesystems, there is a notion of "link", with "hard" and "soft" links. You use the command
Code:
ln -s actual-file-or-directory new-name
to create a "soft" or "symbolic" link.
"ln" is a program, probably available in any shell environment.

roihershberg

Nov 14, 2020
@J.Michael Those symlinks that you talk about are a feature of the file system. Android does support them because Android uses the ext4 file system which supports symlinks. For example /sdcard is a symlink to /storage/emulated/0.
But when you want to create symlinks inside /storage/emulated/0 it's a whole different story. This directory also known as the "Internal storage" is an emulated file system. It's emulating a FAT file system. So you cannot create symlinks in the Internal Storage as it is an emulation layer on top of the ext4 file system and exposes a different file system that does not support symlinks.
You can read more about it here.

However, if you have root you can access the Internal Storage outside of the emulation layer by accessing it from this directory: /data/media/0. From there you can create regular symlinks with the ln command that you specified. I have root but I don't want to mess with the Internal Storage outside of /storage/emulated/0. It might brake the permissions there and I don't want to take the risk. Btw, I read that if you create a symlink in /data/media/0 it does appear in /storage/emulated/0 but you can't open it.

So what MiXplorer does to integrate symbolic links in the Internal Storage without even root is that it creates a file with .lnk extension and I assume that it stores the path of the destination file in the content of that .lnk file. It is similar to the .lnk files in Windows which are the shortcuts we all know. But I saw that the implementation of those .lnk files are different than those in Windows so it appears that it is a unique implementation for MiXplorer and only MiXplorer understand those files and which files they are pointing to.
My goal is to figure out the implementation of those files so I can create them myself outside of MiXplorer and even create a program like ln and use it in Termux.
The implementation is very weird. For example, if I create a symbolic link file (clicking the "plus" button and then "Symbolic link") and choose the name to be example.txt and the path of the file /storage/emulated/0/example.txt as well as creating an example.txt file the content of the symbolic link (example.txt.lnk) is HzRo5Ykj5xAIRa9GQgOmq0RHACgPmjRyxJHzjw==.
This is the gibberish that I want to decode. I want to know how to create this nonsense myself so that MiXplorer recognizes it as a proper symbolic link. I tried to decode it with base64 (because it's similar) but it didn't work. It's something else.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Regarding the searching,
Being a naive ...its hard for me to completely understand what @DiamondJohn and @IronTechmonkey are stating...

I would like to help..but would require someone to guide me..

My test, Motivated by curiosity about whether or not searches from the root of the device would find results on the SD cards, was mechanical and apart from descriptions about why Android behaves as it does. In spite of what might have seemed like disagreement among others about the workings of the android system, the results of the tests supported assertions made by all of those who have participated in the discussion, in particular...

Paths:
In the Android system the SD cards which we perceive to be individual and isolated drives can be accessed through any of a number of different paths starting at the root of the device and going through system directories to the SD cards. In my post about the test, the first group of paths listed are general examples of some of those paths having nothing to do with the results of the test. It is likely that on your device you would be able to navigate through some of those paths to the SD card, although on a non-rooted device some of them may not show any files in the location. Try it. The second list of paths are all of the locations where the file was found in my 2nd test. At that point in practical terms to the user, there are only 2 copies of the file but there are 13 iterations of the file in the search results. Some of those iterations are duplicates of the same item in the same two locations (internal SD and external SD) and a few of them may be byproducts in system locations of having copied the file.

Media Library:
When you reboot an android device some media scanner services which are part of the operating system scan the device for a variety of file types and records those results in a database. On a smaller scale, when files are modified or moved or copied those changes may also be scanned into the android media library database. This allows applications which query the android media database directly to find some types of items in some locations very quickly without having to search through all of the actual possible locations of the files. Unfortunately the android media database is not all encompassing and can behave irregularly, and may vary across different devices. Going back to my second test and the list of iterations of the file that were found, some of those may be in locations which are not scanned by operating system into the media database.

Significance of the aforementioned details to your report:
Searches for the actual items can take a long time because the search is looking down each of those paths, following each path in turns from top (root) to bottom (location of item found). If an item is recorded in the media database then an app which is querying the database directly may find some item much quicker than an app which is doing a dedicated search but may not included results in all locations. This may (or may not) be the reason that the other app you mentioned was able to find the file so quickly.

Disclaimer: I may be a little fuzzy on some points of fact and would defer to others in this discussion for more accurate details about the inner workings of android but I think this summary is largely accurate and hope it helps clarify. In short MiXplorer's true file scan takes a long time because it searches many places and does not rely exclusively on the android media database which would be quicker but might not find everything.

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
@J.Michael Those symlinks that you talk about are a feature of the file system. Android does support them because Android uses the ext4 file system which supports symlinks. For example /sdcard is a symlink to /storage/emulated/0.
But when you want to create symlinks inside /storage/emulated/0 it's a whole different story. This directory also known as the "Internal storage" is an emulated file system. It's emulating a FAT file system. So you cannot create symlinks in the Internal Storage as it is an emulation layer on top of the ext4 file system and exposes a different file system that does not support symlinks.
You can read more about it here.

However, if you have root you can access the Internal Storage outside of the emulation layer by accessing it from this directory: /data/media/0. From there you can create regular symlinks with the ln command that you specified. I have root but I don't want to mess with the Internal Storage outside of /storage/emulated/0. It might brake the permissions there and I don't want to take the risk. Btw, I read that if you create a symlink in /data/media/0 it does appear in /storage/emulated/0 but you can't open it.

So what MiXplorer does to integrate symbolic links in the Internal Storage without even root is that it creates a file with .lnk extension and I assume that it stores the path of the destination file in the content of that .lnk file. It is similar to the .lnk files in Windows which are the shortcuts we all know. But I saw that the implementation of those .lnk files are different than those in Windows so it appears that it is a unique implementation for MiXplorer and only MiXplorer understand those files and which files they are pointing to.
My goal is to figure out the implementation of those files so I can create them myself outside of MiXplorer and even create a program like ln and use it in Termux.
The implementation is very weird. For example, if I create a symbolic link file (clicking the "plus" button and then "Symbolic link") and choose the name to be example.txt and the path of the file /storage/emulated/0/example.txt as well as creating an example.txt file the content of the symbolic link (example.txt.lnk) is HzRo5Ykj5xAIRa9GQgOmq0RHACgPmjRyxJHzjw==.
This is the gibberish that I want to decode. I want to know how to create this nonsense myself so that MiXplorer recognizes it as a proper symbolic link. I tried to decode it with base64 (because it's similar) but it didn't work. It's something else.
Total guesswork here and I can't check this at the moment.
UID stored in a database and pointing to the actual file.

roihershberg

Nov 14, 2020
Total guesswork here and I can't check this at the moment.
UID stored in a database and pointing to the actual file.
OK. Currently the only database that I found that seems similar to your description is /data/data/com.mixplorer.beta/databases/data.db. It has uris table that has some entries of files.
But I'll leave it at the moment and wait for further help. Thanks.

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
HzRo5Ykj5xAIRa9GQgOmq0RHACgPmjRyxJHzjw==
OK. Currently the only database that I found that seems similar to your description is /data/data/com.mixplorer.beta/databases/data.db. It has uris table that has some entries of files.
But I'll leave it at the moment and wait for further help. Thanks.
Do these URIs include all the targets of links you've created? Does the table associate some cryptic identifier with each URI? Are the IDs all the same length? (I've seen different length strings in different .lnk files.)

roihershberg

Nov 14, 2020
HzRo5Ykj5xAIRa9GQgOmq0RHACgPmjRyxJHzjw==
Do these URIs include all the targets of links you've created? Does the table associate some cryptic identifier with each URI? Are the IDs all the same length? (I've seen different length strings in different .lnk files.)
It seems that the table includes the URIs of recently opened files/folders. The IDs' length is sometimes 2 digits and sometimes 4 digits. But all IDs length of the files that I point to through .lnk files are 4 digit and also with PID of 8. For example, the URI of the example.txt file I mentioned above has ID of 7541, PID of 8 and a property of file=1. This property differentiates between a URI of file and a URI of folder. Folders don't have this property at all and files have "file=1". This is all that I can see. No cryptic identifier.

Last edited:

roihershberg

Nov 14, 2020
I think that the .lnk files have nothing to do with these URIs. I took a .lnk file and I deleted from its content one letter at a time and after I deleted each letter/number I checked the properties of the .lnk file and looked at the Linked to: section. Sometimes the .lnk file was invalid so that section didn't appear but on the times it was valid the last letters were deleted. For example /storage/emulated/0/example.txt became /storage/emulated/0/example.tx and after another valid deletion it pointed to /storage/emulated/0/example.t. So now I'm almost certain that the path to the file is just stored on the .lnk file like I was thinking initially and not in some kind of URI. Now I need to figure out what is this encryption and what is the key. I found a bunch of strings that are storing information about "custom key" in /data/data/com.mixplorer.beta/shared_prefs/com.mixplorer.beta_preferences.xml but I don't know if it is even related.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Is developement stopped? no new version seen

The developer is sometimes away for extended periods of time, sometimes months at a time. This time he is the longest that I can remember but still within a range which IMO would not indicate development has stopped. I would also think that if the developer decided to stop the project there would be an announcement.

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
Disclaimer: I may be a little fuzzy on some points of fact and would defer to others in this discussion for more accurate details about the inner workings of android but I think this summary is largely accurate and hope it helps clarify. In short MiXplorer's true file scan takes a long time because it searches many places and does not rely exclusively on the android media database which would be quicker but might not find everything.
If MiX searches the media database first (which would make sense), you're dead on. (Walking everything from / down to find a particular file is "plug in the charger" time. I've done all sorts of machinations to avoid having to do that - but with an app like MiX, there's probably no other way.)

Any chance of a single .pdf of the entire manual? (Or did I miss it in scanning 91 pages?)

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
If MiX searches the media database first (which would make sense), you're dead on. (Walking everything from / down to find a particular file is "plug in the charger" time. I've done all sorts of machinations to avoid having to do that - but with an app like MiX, there's probably no other way.)

Any chance of a single .pdf of the entire manual? (Or did I miss it in scanning 91 pages?)

IIRC the deep searching for actual files instead of just scanning the inaccurate media library was desired by users although I'm not certain about that history. I do know that I prefer it this way as there are very few instances where I would have no choice but search the entire device; in most cases I could search from the top of a drive or a particular system directory. That being said, it would be nice to exclude mount points to internal and external SD cards and have a search dedicated just to other (system) storage.

As to a version of the FAQ in a single document, MiX's development moves fast at times and I have no special insight that the rest of us you don't have so the FAQ gets built and tweaked as we go. At one point in the past this suggestion was made to consolidate it into a portable document and the developer preferred not doing that for the reasons of keeping it up-to-date and preventing stale outdated copies from circulating. I agree on those points and would add that it would be impractical to maintain.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
People are expecting too much from the MEDIA dB. The name gives a clue as to what it was specifically designed for. It is a MEDIA tracker, not a file tracker. Anyone that expects to use it as a file tracker has missed the point of its design. As above, I use a file manager to search for files, and I use another tool to search the media dB.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
People are expecting too much from the MEDIA dB. The name gives a clue as to what it was specifically designed for. It is a MEDIA tracker, not a file tracker. Anyone that expects to use it as a file tracker has missed the point of its design. As above, I use a file manager to search for files, and I use anoither tool to seach the media dB.

I have no expectation of the media db - which is why I prefer actual file search. :}

This is not to slam the media db which is a helpful tool in some regards albeit not for my usage. Likewise for the prefetch and indexing services in early versions of Windows and just about any form of pre-searching web content or email content. At the expense of time or convenience I favor doing full searches in real time.

To your point, perhaps the issue is not that people expect to much of the media db but rather that they don't realize the difference between scanning the device and scanning the db which represents a cross section of the device.

That being said I wonder if there are any Android apps which can pull results from the media db (IIRC as your app TeMeFi can do) and do a full file search, returning results from both sources in one display panel with indicators as to which is the source of the found items. Just from a forensic point of view it would be interesting to see which results are unique and which are common in such a search.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I have no expectation of the media db - which is why I prefer actual file search. :}
And thats why I explicitly did not quote your post ;)

This is not to slam the media db which is a helpful tool in some regards albeit not for my usage. Likewise for the prefetch and indexing services in early versions of Windows and just about any form of pre-searching web content or email content. At the expense of time or convenience I favor doing full searches in real time.
It is VERY useful as a media database. I dont want nor expect my music player, video player, text file editor etc etc etc to do a scan of my device every time I go to use each of these apps individually.

To your point, perhaps the issue is not that people expect to much of the media db but rather that they don't realize the difference between scanning the device and scanning the db which represents a cross section of the device.
We have no hope in understanding everyones misunderstanding.

That being said I wonder if there are any Android apps which can pull results from the media db (IIRC as your app TeMeFi can do) and do a full file search, returning results from both sources in one display panel with indicators as to which is the source of the found items. Just from a forensic point of view it would be interesting to see which results are unique and which are common in such a search.
Yes, TeMeFI has quiet a bit of MediaDB features, as I personally am a little dependeant (some may say "obsessed") with the media dB as my phone is used to make/receive calls & SMS, but its next main use is as a media player. For example, its my car stereo.

But, do not forget, that MiX also has some features to query the MediaDB, in that it has some generic SQLite tools built in.

Comparing the results between the MediaDB and the file system would practically be duplicating the MediaDB's file scanning plus the UI to compare. Not a small task.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
It is VERY useful as a media database. I dont want nor expect my music player, video player, text file editor etc etc etc to do a scan of my device every time I go to use each if these apps individually.

That's your opinion based on your usage scenario (which I'm familiar with having previously interacted with you to test some scanning results for you) and I respect it as such but it is just not that useful to my usage case when searching for files.

IYes, TeMeFI has quiet a bit of MediaDB features, as I personally am a little dependeant (some may say "obsessed") with the media dB as my phone is used to make/receive calls & SMS, but its next main use is as a media player. For example, its my car stereo.

But, do not forget, that MiX also has some features to query the MediaDB, in that it has some generic SQLite tools built in.

Comparing the results between the MediaDB and the file system would practically be duplicating the MediaDB's file scanning plus the UI to compare. Not a small task.

True, a full media scan parallel to a live file search would be resource intensive but what about just querying the media db and incorporating those results into the UI with results for the live file scan?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
True, a full media scan parallel to a live file search would be resource intensive but what about just querying the media db and incorporating those results into the UI with results for the live file scan?
I already answered that question.
,,,snip...
I think it would be a very complex programmatic scenario to make anything really useful as I personally would expect. The UI would be a pain.

You can simulate the actual results fairly easily with a one line shell find command, and a one liner SQL command run against the media db. Its the UI that would hold all the complexity, not attaining the results.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MiX Nugget - Android-version specific (and other) workarounds.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Android 11 (and possibly some other situations).

To access /data/data:

- In SU manager change “namespace” option to global (typically it would be set to inherited)

Or

- Run command “su --mount-master". See: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-85494739

Android 11 (and possibly some other situations).

To access [External Storage]/Android/data and see the contents rather than empty directory.

- "Android 11 with target API-30 doesn't provide files inside those directories. Use the other MiXplorer build with API-29 or if your device is rooted, use an alternative path from /mnt/... directory". https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-85904029

OR

- In addition to adding “document providers” when requested (and possibly adding some manually) navigate through a system path to external storage, EG: /mnt/media_rw/[External storage Name].

In General

If you have trouble accessing SD cards or internal storage locally or through FTP you can try different paths. Note: The availability and effectiveness of these paths may vary by ROM and nature of permissions. These are just some possibilities.

/storage/[name of internal storage]
    /storage/[name of external storage]
    /storage/emulated/0
    /mnt/shell/emulated/0
    /mnt/media_rw/[name of external storage]
    /data/media/0/

Similarly if you are having trouble accessing USB drives you can look in

/storage/
    /mnt/media_rw/

Issues with Google Drive blocking log-in

Explanation and possible workaround here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-85904701

Adding a Document Provider can help with with issues with USB OTG Drives and other situations. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85878051

-----------------------
    Link back to MiX FAQ Nugget Index: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157352
    MiX Nugget - FTP, HTTP, TCP SERVERS; Servers configuration for older version of MiX

NOTE: This post (formerly the OP for servers) describes Server configuration for older versions of MiX (6.56 and previous). This post was saved so that people still using older versions of the app may have instructions but understandably bugs or problems should still be reported from the newest version of the app. The new Server configuration is described in the original OP here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157350.

There are a variety of ways MiXplorer can be used to access files on other devices or make files available to other devices. This post describes the 3 types of servers MiXplorer can use to make files available to other devices. FTP, HTTP & TCP Servers

Each MiXplorer server type offers different functionality and each can be run a few different ways from buttons and menus within the MiXplorer UI or directly from the Android UI (widgets &quick-tiles). Note: A MiX server will use a different root location (folder seen as root by client) depending which settings are in place, and where the server was run from, and which folder/tab is active. See "Default path" section below for more detail.

Server Settings In Common for MiXplorer FTP, HTTP and TCP servers. :

- Default path: This is the directory which incoming clients will see as the root of the directory tree.

-- When server is run from: Toolbar's Server button (hidden by default, enable in Settings > buttons); then root for incoming clients will be the location of the presently active tab in MiXplorer.
    -- When server is run from: 3-Dot Menu > Servers; then root for incoming clients will be the root of currently active partition (drive). Not the presently viewed location but rather the root of the partition in which the presently viewed location resides).

-- When server is run from: Widget or Quick-tiles; then root for incoming clients will be the location designated in the server settings panel.

- Username: Self explanatory. The more unique the more secure.
    - Password: Self explanatory. The more unique the more secure.
    - Port: Assign a port manually or leave blank to use default port for given server type. Default for FTP is 2121. Default for HTTP is 8080. Default for HTTPS is 8181.
    - Secure (check-box): For HTTP and TCP servers, use secure protocol. For FTP use FTPS.
    - An internet connection is not required but the devices must be on same LAN, wifi network, or hotspot.
    - To stop server: "Servers" then "Stop FTP/HTTP/TCP Server" or expand notification then Stop FTP/HTTP/TCP server, or tap widget.
    - To Reset all servers (make sure you know your settings and have them backed up before doing this): Settings > More Settings > Reset Servers

------
    FTP Server:
    This is the most fully featured of the servers (not counting SMB shares). FTP Clients on other networked devices, including Android devices running MiXplorer can manage files with the full range of functions expected for FTP access. This might also work through a native file viewing window on OS that support it. To configure and access a MiXplorer FTP server:

- On 1st device configure a MiXplorer FTP server. You can check the notification to verify IP Address and Port #.
    - On 2nd device configure your FTP client to access the MiXplorer FTP server with aforementioned IP address and Port#.
    - If using MiXplorer on 2nd device then, in MiXplorer create a bookmark to access the FTP server that is running on the 1st device. That bookmark is effectively an FTP client.
    - On 2nd device open your FTP client or your MiXplorer FTP bookmark.

Additional information about FTP here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71415130&postcount=152

------
    HTTP Server: Allows other devices on the same network to access files though web browsers. This eliminates the need for 3rd party “clients” but the interface is minimal, like a web page, navigating and downloading via hyperlinks.This might also work through a native file viewing window on OS that support it.

- On 1st device configure MiX HTTP server.
    - On 2nd device use a web browser to access the address of the HTTP server that is running on the 1st device.
    - In browser on 2nd device download files (and upload?).

------
    TCP Server:
    Allows "Send to" directly from one device running MiXplorer to the another device running the MiXplorer TCP server on the same local network, with MiXplorer TCP server configured with same parameters on both devices.

- Both devices connected to same Wifi network (can be done with hotspot).
    - MiXplorer TCP server configured with same parameters on both devices.
    - On destination device: Open tab to destination directory then run MiXplorer TCP server.
    - On source device: Select file(s) > 3 button menu > Send to ... > Refresh > select destination device.
    - The files should be copied to the directory that is opened on destination device.
    - You should see some simple toasts at some points into the process on both devices.

-----------------------
    Link back to MiX FAQ Nugget Index: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157352
    MiX Nugget - Server Security Settings

Here are some combinations of TLS and Implicit/Explicit FTP server settings and bookmark FTP[S/ES] prefixes which can be used with MiXplorer on the FTP server device and on the FTP client device

------------------------
    TLS/SSL enabled and Explicit Enabled on Server AND FTP or FTPES a prefix in the client bookmark.

The server is letting the client determine the TLS setting (that is what Explicit means). If FTP prefix is used in the client bookmark then TLS will not be used. If FTPES prefix is used in the client bookmark then TLS will be used. FTPS as prefix in the client bookmark will not work for this configuration.

------------------------
    TLS/SSL disabled and Explicit enabled on the server AND FTP as prefix in client bookmark.

Although the server is letting the client initially determine the TLS setting, because TLS/SSL is disabled on the server only the FTP prefix will work. FTPES and FTPS as prefix in the client bookmark will not work for this configuration.

------------------------
    TLS/SSL enabled and Implicit enabled on server AND with FTPS prefix on the client bookmark.

The server is enforcing the use of TLS rather than allowing the client to determine that setting so FTP and FTPES prefixes don't work for this configuration. Conversely, if TSL is disabled or if Explicit is set on the server then the FTPS as prefix bookmark will not work.

Servers Nugget: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85896901
    ------------------------
    References
    Hazy memories about configuring workstatiosn and these articles:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTPS
    https://www.advancedcyber.co.uk/it-security-blog/what-is-explicit-and-implicit-ftps

-----------------------
    End up I figured out it was problems with the old Public/Private key pair that I use, they works for others apps.

Have to regenerated a set of new key pair in the host side, copy over the private key (in my case, to Chromebook) then tap the (i) (info) button of the private key file (thanks, J.Michael), append the file path to "private_key_path=" and Bingo!

I spent a good couple of hours trying to get passwordless key auth to work today, using my phone's ECDSA key. The MiXplorer logs aren't very helpful on this with the logging level that's enabled, but after testing the key (and some other ones I'd generated) with a couple of other apps it became clear that MiX was the only common factor in the keys not working.

I couldn't find a way to delete known host keys from within the app but did find out where they're stored in MiX's private user directory (/data/data/com.mixplorer) which led me to a solution.

I've eventually surmised the following, which I'm putting here in lieu of any actual documentation on the subject:

• The only key algorithm I could get to work was Ed25519
    • Algorithms which I couldn't get to work were ECDSA 521-bit (my default), ECDSA 384-bit and RSA 4096-bit. I think I tried RSA 2048-bit too but I'm not sure. These were all tested successfully with JuiceSSH and Solid Explorer from the phone but failed in MiX
    • The Ed25519 key should be in PEM format in a file accessible to MiX, with the full file path set as the value of private_key_path as mentioned above. My Advanced Settings section didn't have this key/value entry at first, but rather pem_private_key_path which I think was inherited from an older version of MiX and presumably wasn't part of the upgrade process
    • While I'd prefer to store the key directly in MiX's settings to avoid having a private key lying around in an accessible file on my phone, I can't find a way of getting private_key_base64 (or the older pem_private_key_base64) to work at all
    Hope this helps somebody. I think this stuff should be documented because if it's difficult for people to do things securely, they'll just do them less securely instead :)

I'm happy to finally have SFTP access back in my primary file explorer, which I haven't had since I finally ditched ES File Explorer when it became apparent it wasn't going to stop getting worse. On the whole MiX has improved over time, so big thanks to the creator.
    I have to enter word Admin as username and this waht was causing issues with me as this wasn't required before and should be explained in changelog that we need to enter Admin .

This is explained in a new FAQ post about servers which is easy to find and for which you were provided a direct link. As explained in that post you do not have to use the admin username, you can change it.

If I added optional IP as 192.168.43.1 now ftp can't connect or start In settings page of ftp if I press on start server it shows it as if started ,,but If I closed settings page of ftp it show ftp server not working not enabled nyo active also no notifications of ftp server so not working with me

The fact that the optional IP address is still experimental is described in the same FAQ post to which you were provided a direct link as well as being described in recent posts in this thread.

Ok ,,now let's enable tls/ssl again
    Now ftp server is ftpes not ftp nor ftps Sometimes it shift between ftps and ftpes

The differences between FTP, FTPES and FTPS in the address of the client were observed and the same question was asked in this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-85915201.

Why this not written in changelog!
    What is difference between explicit and implicit ?

Because the change-log and instructions for an app are not a tutorial for the protocols used. IE If you purchase a bicycle then the entity which sold the bicycle to you may be obligated to tell you how to use the bicycle, but is not obligated to teach you how to ride a bicycle. It is up to us to know what TSL/SSL and explicit/implicit means and it is fairly easy to look this stuff up. I was lacking knowledge about these things until I looked them up and I'm still learning about them. We can no more expect to be taught all the details of those things in the app instructions than we can expect the seller of the bicycle to teach us how to ride a bicycle.

As to the optional IP address, while much of your post was complaining about questions that have already been answered the optional IP address is indeed not functioning, as you described, and would benefit from a more productive conversation so I've put a reply to that in a separate post. Let's try to keep that conversation constructive.
    MiXplorer: Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)

Table Of Contents:

i. INTRODUCTION, GETTING MIXPLORER, & INSTALLATION (This post)
    ii. UI, NAVIGATION, VIEW CONFIGURATION, BOOKMARKS, TABS
    iii. WORKING WITH FILES & FOLDERS (Copy Move methods, Trash option)
    iv. FTP, HTTP, TCP SERVERS
    v. MiX NUGGETS (Freestanding Topical Posts)
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    vii. BUG REPORTING, TROUBLESHOOTING, AND FAQ WIP

Note: If you are just starting with MiXplorer then a general review of this FAQ might be helpful but if you seek information about a particular feature you can see if there is a "MiX Nugget" for it. MiX Nuggets are individual freestanding FAQ posts which describe a MiXplorer feature in enough detail for basic use without having to sift through whole FAQ. v. MiX NUGGETS (Freestanding Topical Posts).

--------------------------------------
    i) INTRODUCTION

As mentioned in an introduction from the main thread: "MiXplorer (Mix of Explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and fully-featured file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface." created by XDA member and Recognized Developer @HootanParsa

I (IronTechmonkey) am a MiXplorer user and tester who volunteered (was volunteered) to create the FAQ but I am not the/a developer.

This FAQ attempts to describe configuration options, file & folder operations, UI options, and utilities, as well as to share workarounds for known issues or usage cases. Please feel free to provide, suggestions, corrections, or additions which could be linked to or added to the OPs. Thanks to all for your input already as much of this comes from your questions and answers in the main MiXplorer thread. Thanks to @HootanParsa for such a good file management utility.

Please continue to direct bug reporting and tech discussion to the primary MiXplorer thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691.

SOME MIXPLORER HISTORY (MiXtory?)

This post by HootanParsa describes a how MiXplorer got started and some key events during its relationship with Google Play Store. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-77894840

Here is another note from HootanParsa regarding the history of MiXplorer on Playstore https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691&p=73870110.

MiXplorer is closed source, and because the developer rarely if ever engages in discussions about closed vs. open source this is not discussed at length in the main MiX thread. This is not by any rule but rather by respect for the developer's decision. That being said, past discussions about closed vs. open source have been well informed and informative. Such discussions really do relate to software development, if not to the bugs to be fixed at any given moment, so please feel free to have such discussions here if/when they become too much for the main thread.

GETTING MIXPLORER

There are several ways to get MiXplorer and keep it updated, each of which may appeal to different usage cases. Also note: The Playstore-Silver and XDA-Stable versions of MiXplorer are essentially the same (sometimes with small variation) but the Playstore-Silver version includes some add-ons (describe below and at Playstore page) which would have to be installed separately and manually in the XDA version.

The Playstore_Silver version is also a way to contribute to MiXplorer development.

As to upgrade paths: The Play Store gives a one-shot installation and upgrade path for the app and its included add-ons. The XDA stable version allows users to decide specifically which add-ons are installed but offers a similarly simple upgrade path from with the app.

1) Main Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691
    This is the best place to start for people who want the latest stable version, which is usually available in post 2. This is also where you can get the latest beta version. Note: it is always a good idea to check the main thread's OPs to see what version # is flagged as stable, as well as check the change-log.

2) XDA Labs. It might still be possible to use the XDA labs site in web browsers but no longer the XDA Labs app to download MiX. The MiXplorer version may not be exactly the same as latest "stable" in MiXplorer thread but this is a "stable" update track.

3) APK Mirror: This is a repository of more versions of MiX than most people would need, but some of these builds may be helpful in some situations and it provides access outside of Playstore.
    MiX at APK Mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=pishrodevs.

4) APKMirror RSS Feeds: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/pishrodevs/mixplorer-hootanparsa/feed/
    [inactive?]http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/hootanparsa/feed/ The ApkMirror RSS feeds are considered by many to be a similarly "stable" and up to date as the main MiXplorer thread and XDA Labs but it offers less information about the development progression of recent updates.

5) Playstore (MiXplorer Silver). As announced by HootanParsa here https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78465999&postcount=27232; "MiX Silver a bundle of MiX with Archive and SMB2 addons and the latest language resources is uploaded in Play store as a paid app to support the development of MiXplorer. If you liked it and installed it and found a problem, please let me know. Thank you very much. "

Add-ons: MiXplorer Add-ons can be installed from within the app like this:
    Settings > Addons > and click add button > follow links to browse and download appropriate add-ons.

MiXplorer Add-ons are also available through the XDA Labs Android app (search for MiXplorer) or through the XDA Labs Store browser pages for the MiXplorer app and Developer Hootan Parsa
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.mixplorer
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/author/HootanParsa
    Note: these links may no longer work.

INSTALLATION:

After installing MiXplorer there are some things that must be done in order to give MiXplorer proper access to storage locations and root or SU access. It is a good idea to get these things out of the way as part of the installation (or update) of MiXplorer rather than on-the-fly as you need to perform file management tasks. Here is a brief walk-through of how to give MiXplorer it's requisite permissions. This is written for Android Nougat which has more of these prerequisites than earlier Android versions so please note that things may differ across different ROMs and SU/root methods:

Do this stuff first, immediately after installing MiXplorer but before configuring it and importing skins and or settings

- At first run of MiXplorer at prompt "Allow MiXplorer to access photos, media, and files on your device?" Select to Allow.
    - Make sure root is enabled in MiX setting > Navigate to Root "/" to force first time SU permissions request > Select " allow" and "remember".
    - Navigate to external SD and create a new folder. There should a prompt "Attention Please select Ext SD... to gain permissions". Note: In some situations you may not have to create a folder to invoke this prompt.

BUG REPORTING

- Please report bugs in the primary MiXplorer thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691. Bug reports should include. details about your device (Android version, ROM version, Root status, SU method, MiXplorer version) as well as a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue and a log taken while the issue was reproduced. There are more suggestions for testing, logging and reporting bugs in this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65157367&postcount=7
    1) Primary UI Components
    2) Navigation
    3) Drawer (Bookmarks/History)
    4) Tabs
    5) Views (file folder list)
    6) "Home" page - described in MiX Nugget
    - Home Page - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82781209&postcount=1168

1) Primary UI Components

The names of various UI objects may be referenced throughout documentation (and are helpful to know when configuring theme). Here are the names of a few primary UI components along with the specific name for their background colors in the theme configuration. This is just as a reference point for the documentation. For more about skins and themes see that post.

Status Bar: TINT_STATUS_BAR
    Main Bar: BG_BAR_MAIN
    Tab Bar: BG_BAR_TAB
    Tab Indicator: TINT_TAB_INDICATOR
    Selected Tab: TINT_TAB_INDICATOR_SELECTED
    Page: BG_PAGE
    Tools bar: BG_BAR_TOOLS
    Navigation Bar: TINT_NAVIGATION_BAR

I) Action Bar: BG_BAR_ACTION The Action Bar appears in place of the Main Bar when one or more items is selected.

J) Drawer: The Drawer can be opened by tapping Hamburger in Main Bar or swiping the Page from left edge toward right and takes it’s background color from BG_BAR_MAIN.

2) Navigation

To navigate through folders; Tap the name of he folder you want to enter, or select a bookmark or history item. Note: Tapping the icon to the left will select and highlight the folder.

To go to the previously accessed folder:; Press back button.

To go anywhere in the path you are browsing: Tap the Location button in Main bar then tapping the part of the folder tree you want to go to.

To go to a manually entered location: Long press the Address in the Main bar then tap “Enter the path”. Note the other things that can be done from this menu: Copy path, Copy name, Enter the path, Create shortcut, Clear thumbnails cache, Properties. Note: The items in lists like this may change as MiXplorer evolves.

To search for items: Tap the search icon, then you can start typing what you want to find in current folder.
    To filter the search: tap the leaning-hamburger, then select an option.
    To search recursively (into sub-folders): Tap the right-angle arrow icon, then choose options and search criteria. See this FAQ Nugget for recursive and advanced search options: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-82781351
    Regex: Regex is a fairly powerful method of using expressions (wild-cards and variables) to do searches, and can also be used for renaming files.
    Harvesting information in this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71218953&postcount=118

To change the View level of details: Tap the View button, then select an option.
    To Add a file or folder: Tap the Add button
    To refresh the View: Tap the Refresh button (or tap the Tab title, or tap the Location button in Main bar then tap the location).
    To sort the view: Tap the Sort button (A-Z icon)

To show or hide an item flagged as hidden: With no items selected, tap overflow menu then tap "Show Hidden" or "Don't show hidden".
    To exit MiXplorer: Long-press Back button.

------------------------------------
    3) Bookmarks/History (Drawer)

To open the Drawer for Bookmarks and History: Tap hamburger in Main Bar, or swipe from the left edge toward right.

To create a Bookmark to a location on the device: Navigate to the location, then long press the Location in the Main (top) Bar, then tap "Add to...", then tap "Bookmarks"; or Navigate to one level above the folder, then long press the folder in the file/folder list, then tap overflow menu, then tap "Add to...", then tap "Bookmarks". :

To create a Bookmark to a network share, server or cloud: Open Drawer, then tap hamburger, then tap Add storage, then select and configure the type of storage. There is a "Custom" option at the bottom of the list. Here are examples of 2 common types of network bookmarks:

1) To access shared folder (SMB share) on PC or other computer on same local network.:
    - Have a shared folder on a computer with file sharing and network discovery enabled.
    - Open MiXplorer on device connected to same network.
    - Bookmarks Drawer
    - Hamburger button
    - Add Storage
    - Custom
    - Search local
    - Enter credentials
    - If the search finds no shares there may be an issue with the sharing on the host or network between devices but you could try manual configuration.

2) To access an FTP Server on another device:.
    - Have an FTP server to connect to.
    - Bookmarks Drawer
    - Hamburger button
    - Add Storage
    - Custom
    - Enter server details (ftp://<ipaddress>:<port>, user-name password)

Notes about network and cloud bookmarks:

- When you create a connection to local network share or cloud via <Bookmark Drawer - hamburger - Add storage>, a Bookmark will automatically be created.

- Depending on the type of network location, when you browse the network location you may or may not be able to create bookmarks to locations within that tree as described above. This should work for SMB shares on a computer or folders on another Android device accessed via MiXplorer FTP and might work for others.

- When you save an off-device bookmark, some context sensitive additional configuration variables may or may not be added to the "Advance settings" field, which in some cases can be edited manually later.

To Delete or modify a bookmark: Open the Drawer, then swipe the bookmark name to the right, then select appropriate action.

To rearrange bookmarks: Open the Drawer, then tap and drag a bookmark by it’s icon up or down.

To create a custom category (similar to custom bookmark for a search) in the bookmark list: Open 'All files' - Tap on the search button - Recursively - Enter file-name extensions eg; *.zip|*.rar|*.txt - Press GO - Long press the address bar - Add to bookmarks.

To reset the search-all-by=type folders (archive, apk,image, video, etc) if they are gray and don't work: If you are updating from an older version of MiXplorer you may have to click on bookmark menu and choose "reset default" (which should preserve your own bookmarks) to recreate the new versions of the search bookmarks, then you can delete the gray ones.

Bookmark functions via the Bookmarks Menu: Add storage Reset defaults; Remove all, Export. Note: To import bookmarks, open the exported .micfg file with MiXplorer and select import.

To switch between Bookmarks and History : Open Drawer then tap the Bookmarks or History label in top Bar.

To clear history: Open Drawer to History, then tap mini-hamburger.

4) Tabs

1st Tab is left-most. Last Tab is right-most. New tabs will open to the right of the active tab.

General Tab functions can be accessed via the tab menu and are context sensitive, based on Tab bar visibility and tab arrangement.

Some functions can can be accessed by long pressing on a Tab when the Tab Bar is visible.

To refresh a Tab’s view: Swipe down, or tap on the name in the Tab Bar, or tap the location name in main bar then tap it again in the drop down.

To open a new tab:
    - Open Bookmarks/History
    - Long press on the item that you want to open in a new tab
    or
    - Select a folder in the main page
    - Tap the overflow menu in the action bar
    - Tap "Open in new tab",
    or;
    - Tap the Tab menu then tap "Add new tab"
    or;
    - When on last (right-most) tab, Swipe from right edge to left (depends on "Settings" - ""More Settings" - "Swiping in first and last...")

Save single tab as default tab or to save a group of tabs (Note: "Save" may occasionally be referred to as "Pin")

To save an individual Tab be opened to a specific location at each app start (default tab)
    - Have only one tab opened.
    - Navigate to desired location.
    - Long press on Tab Title then tap "Set as default".
    - Open the Tab drop-down menu, select, "Save tabs", Tap "Now" (leave "On Exit" un-selected).

To save a group of tabs (tab-set) to be opened at each app start:
    - Create the tabs, and open each to the location of your choice.
    - To set the default tab (to be active at app start) long press on Tab Title then tap "Set as default".
    - Open the Tab drop-down menu, select, "Save tabs", Tap "Now" (leave "On Exit" un-selected).
    Note: View detail level and sort order should be remembered per tab.

To have MiXplorer save the tab-set that is in place at each app close (to be opened at next app app start):
    - Open the Tab menu.
    - Select check box: "On Exit".

To reset tabs to whatever was last saved by 'Save tabs - Now" or by "Save tabs - On exit":
    - Open the Tab menu then tap Reset tabs. Each Tab's view level and sort order should be remembered and not be reset by this action.

5) Views (file folder list)

There are many ways to configure the file/folder list views using the "View" and "Sort" buttons which appear in the Tools bar at the bottom (in the default skin and configuration). Here are a few of the more notable functions:

- "View" button - "Recursive data": When "Recursive data" is enabled (and after a refresh of the view) MiXplorer will calculate and show the quantity of items and storage space uses in sub-folders.

- "View" button - "Reset defaults": When "Reset defaults" is enabled then pinch zoom settings can be reset to default for each drive independently by going to root of drive, then selecting a view mode (eg "Detailed"). To maintain the different zoom levels disable "Reset defaults".

- "Pin" an item to top of list: A folder or file can be "Pinned" so it stays at the top of the list view regardless of sort options. To pin/unpin an item: Select it then open menu then select pin/unpin. Similarly, apps in the "Open with" list can be pinned to the top of that list by long pressing the app then tapping "Pin"

- Create a custom thumbnail: To create a custom thumbnail for a folder (which would be used when "Auto folder preview" is enabled in main settings) put the image you want to use for the thumbnail in the folder and rename it to .preview.

- Gallery style view for search folders: For the search folders which show all of a certain file type (eg Audio, Document, Image, Video), there is a gallery style view which shows all images of the designated type on the device but grouped in folders by location similar to the way most default gallery apps work. To enable this mode: Tap the "Sort" button then enable "By parent". To show all items in one list without the folders, disable "By parent"

- App, User App, System App: When viewing contents of the "App" search bookmark, tapping on Location allows choice of App (all), User App, System App. To create a custom bookmark to any of those: Tap the Location in Main Bar, then select desired view (App, User App, or System App) then long press location and "Add to" bookmarks.

6) "Home" page

A full page panel containing locations with details, described in more detail here: MiX Nugget - Home Page - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82781209&postcount=1168

----------------------------------------------
    LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    iii. WORKING WITH FILES & FOLDERS

Search, searching for items: Expanded description of search methods in this post. MiX Nugget - Searching for Files and Folders: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82781351&postcount=1170

Select a file or folder: Long press anywhere on the file, or tap on the icon at the left side.

Select multiple files and or folders: Select one file or folder as described above and then select additional items by tapping on the name of each item.

Select all files and folders in the current view: Tap the "Select all" button in the tools bar, or open overflow menu and tap Select all. Note: the Select all button and the Servers button can be swapped in the Tools Bar via Settings - More Settings.

Once you have selected any item(s) the Action Bar will appear (temporally replacing the Main Bar) and will show a counter of selected items with their size, and icons for some standard actions with an overflow menu for more actions. The downward pointing arrow now offers options to expand shift or invert the selection.

There are several ways to to Copy or Move items:

Task queue Select items, then choose an action (repeat process for multiple jobs), then navigate to destination, then tap Job Queue, then select queued task.

- Individual pending tasks or all pending tasks can be cleared from the queue.

- Pending Copy tasks in the queue can be repeated to different destinations.

Drag & drop: Select some items then long press on that selection and drag. A hovering pop-up will appear indicating how many selected items are being dragged.When the the destination folder becomes highlighted, release the selection and respond to the then a “Drop files” prompt which offers a choice to copy or move the selected items.

Copy To and Move To: To copy/move files to a folder to be selected during the process; select items, open menu, tap ]Copy To or Move To, navigate to location, tap OK.

Some long file operations can be paused using the play/pause button in the task status window. Also, from there the task can be canceled or sent to background.

Delete options. There are several delete methods, the visibility of which may be context sensitive, and MiXplorer has a native "recycle/trash" feature which can be enabled in Settings - More Settings - Undo.

Normal: Deletes file “normally”. As is the case with file deletions (not Recycle or Trash) in other OS, the deletion is non-reversible but the raw data may persist until incidentally written over by other system activity.

Trash: Similar to Recycle or Trash bins on desktops. The locations (drives/root paths) where “Trash” functions may very across ROMs and devices. When "Undo" is enabled as described above the following should occur:

- Deleted items are placed in hidden folders named .recycle at the root of each drive. Don't delete those manually unless you are not using the "Undo" feature.

- In the main menu there is an item called "Undo" which shows a list of available undo items. Long press on an item in that list to see the specific files that can be restored. Short press to restore that item/group of items.

- Menu > Undo > "Remove all"; will delete all the .recycle folders and their contents from all drives (if they exist). Also nota bene: only do this if you are sure you wont need to restore anything). Any time you "Trash" something when "Undo" is enabled the .recycle folder for that drive will be recreated. If you've already disabled "Undo" in settings and still have leftover material in the .recycle folders, those folders can be deleted manually (requires "Show hidden")

- In some cases you may be able to recover items manually from the .recycle folders.

- If the trash cannot be emptied, try the following: Main Menu > Undo > Remove all, or Settings > More Settings > deselect Undo. As with manually deleting the contents of the trash/recycle folder, make sure you dont need anything from there before doing this.

Shredder: Destroys files before deleting them. Only available for certain locations. May take longer for larger selections. Deletion by this method is non-reversible and leaves minimal if any recoverable data on the drive.

Batch Delete: When you try to delete a folder as "Normal", it also takes time to clean up database, removing thumbnails, etc... . You can use "Batch Delete" to remove that folder as fast as possible.

[LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    - vii. BUG REPORTING, TROUBLESHOOTING, AND FAQ WIP

Bug Reporting:
    Please report bugs in the primary MiXplorer thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691.

Bug reports should come from the newest beta version of the app. If you notice a bug in the newest release version then check the newest beta. If it also occurs in the beta then log it from there.

Bug reports should include. details about your device (Android version, ROM version, Root status, SU method, MiXplorer version) as well as a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue and a log taken while the issue was reproduced.

MiXplorer's Built-in Logging:

Enable MiXplorer logging
    : Settings . More settings . Logging (enable)

MiXplorer has a native logging feature. If logging is enabled (as it is by default) then the most efficient and the recommended way to do it is the following:

- After crash or after experiencing issue,
    - Open MiXplorer
    - 3-dots menu
    - Send log.

If you have disabled logging in the past, or you if are diagnosing more complicated issues or if you will be reviewing the logs yourself before sending. Here is a manual method that some people use:

- Enable MiXplorer logging.
    - Close MiXplorer.
    - Open MiXplorer.
    - Reproduce the issue.
    - Close MiXplorer.
    - The logs should be in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/cache/log/ (The path may vary slightly depending on ROM).
    - Use alternative file manager (just for this ;)) to get most recent log in folder.
    - If using MiXplorer to get the log manually, then make sure to get the log for the previous MiXplorer session rather than the one for the current session.

Testing and Logging Notes:

- Reproduce and log issues in a new session of MiXplorer that was started after logging has been enabled. In other words: Enable logging, then close MiXplorer, then start MiXplorer to reproduce the issue and send the log. A new log is created each time you open MiXplorer. Note: - In some cases it is recommended to test the issue in a clean installation of MiXplorer (after uninstalling MiX then reinstalling it).

- The MiXplorer log directory will not appear until MiXplorer logging has been enabled at least once since last new installation of MiXplorer. Also, if MiXplorer is uninstalled the log folder will be deleted, so if you are getting logs manually during repeated tests remember to do so before next uninstall.

- Before sharing logs it is a good practice to review them for information that you don’t want to share, and to delete that information or replace it with an obvious label, eg <thing x deleted>. To each their own about what to delete, but reviewing logs with privacy in mind before sending is prudent.

- For logging more complex issues, or certain types of FCs where native app logging does not catch the error, a full system log (logcat) may be needed. The app "MatLog" (formerly "CatLog") from Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pluscubed.matlog&hl=en can be used to capture logcats on the device. If an issue is causing reboots then the log might have to be taken from a USB connection on a computer via ADB.

- When you share the log, also share the following:

1) Full details of the device including: Android version, ROM version and variant, Root status, SU status, busybox status.
    2) A detailed description about how to reproduce the error when logging so others may try to reproduce it.

LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    MiX NUGGET INDEX

Individual freestanding FAQ posts which describe a MiXplorer feature in enough detail for basic use without having to sift through the sprawling FAQ. More detail here. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75355181&postcount=412

Add-ons (simple list): https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82834971&postcount=1182

Android-version specific (and other) workarounds: For things such as accessing /data/data or external/storage/android/data on Android 11 devices: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85904825

Automated Intents (Tasker etc)
    -
    COPY with Tasker, Automagic and...: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75389465&postcount=422
    - Turning Servers ON/OFF with Tasker and... :https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75400602&postcount=424

Autotag: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75366938&postcount=420

Batch Renaming and Regex: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-71218953

Bookmark Advanced Settings
    : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80301547&postcount=932
    - SMB shares on other LAN device.
    - FTP servers on other LAN device.
    - Bluetooth folder on other BT connected device running MiX
    - Cloud

Create a language package (for translators)
    : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75741128&postcount=469

Default Date and Time formats:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76749686&postcount=561
    and
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76750741&postcount=562

Document Provider
    : Using Document Provider to access USB OTG drives (and in some cases external SD card) on Android 11 (and in some other usage cases). https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85878051

Find Duplicate File
    s: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76395344&postcount=514

Home Page
    : A full page panel of locations including details about the locations: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82781209&postcount=1168

Merging Text (txt) files
    : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75786123&postcount=480

Optimizing Network Connections
    : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-84515405

Searching for Files and Folders
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82781351&postcount=1170

SERVERS:

FTP and HTTP SERVERS and Sent-to

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157350

Server Security Settings
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85932885

FTP, HTTP, TCP SERVERS; Servers configuration for older version of MiX
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85896901

Turning Servers ON/OFF with Tasker and...:https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75400602&postcount=422

Old TCP Server post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75366970&postcount=421

Settings Overview:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82834917&postcount=1181

Settings (reset): https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83626647&postcount=1263

Storage Analyzer:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85942125

Tabs:
    Save (aka; pin), rearrange, close, clone Tabs:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75580704&postcount=440
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-75580704

Tools; Duplicates & App Remnants:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85952549

Version Compatibility (possibly helpful for some older devices):
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-84468783

Possible additions.

- App backups.
    - Archive management.
    - Description of available plug-ins.
    - MiXplorer Media Viewer usage description
    - MiXplorer Editor usage description

Many things can be learned by exploring the app, most UI elements have a function, long press is your friend.

LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS