MiXplorer: Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)

Search This thread

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Hi....

Thank you for your suggestion.

But I have difficulty understanding it:
clicking - as you suggest - on the Main Menu > "Undo", a series of operations of various types are displayed: "Files deleted", "Files copied", "Folder moved", "Folder created " etc.

Yes, those are the different categories changes which are tracked by the undo feature and the recycle feature.

the second problem is that I have an inhomogeneous set of objects and operations, so I should select - one by one - the files to delete permanently.

What are the files I should select to permanently remove them from the trash?

And then, should I delete them one by one?

The only possible operation on MiX Silver is the single "tap" on each file. This operation reverses the previous operation. e.g. a quick tap on a deleted file restores the file.

What operations should I tap to delete all files in the trash in one operation? Or, should I perhaps cap them one by one?

Menu > Undo > Remove > All,

or

Menu undo > Remove >[specific category]

Unless I misunderstood your answer, an "Empty Trash" type option is intuitive, direct, immediate, global and easy to understand.

I'm not against your suggestion but the existing method of doing this seems to be just as easy as your suggestion and you might not yet be aware of how MiXplorer functions in this regard so it makes sense to spend time learning how it works before trying to make a change. If, after you learn how this feature functions you still want to request a change then by all means do so but let's see if we can do what you want with the existing features.

More info here including a more detailed description of how these features function: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-88077515

Reactions: pocketrule

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013

Yeah well, I sometime create a widespread flurry and today I'm unraveling some crossover that I had between two different discussions, so no complaint, but thank you for mentioning it.

In this case I think the user would truly benefit from knowing more about how the feature functions - and they seem to be genuinely interested and willing to explore.

Last edited:

wuri

Sep 29, 2012
When starting the http/weddav server and using the goodsync windows client to transfer files, goodsync will report an error: XML Parser error 3 at line 1 col 362. It is normal to replace other file managers, so it is certain that this is a bug of mixplorer. I have tested the latest beta version(MiXplorer_v6.61.3-Beta_B23022740), my android version is 13.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
When starting the http/weddav server and using the goodsync windows client to transfer files, goodsync will report an error: XML Parser error 3 at line 1 col 362. It is normal to replace other file managers, so it is certain that this is a bug of mixplorer. I have tested the latest beta version(MiXplorer_v6.61.3-Beta_B23022740), my android version is 13.

It may very well be a bug but that is not certain, or at least not demonstrated, quite yet based on the details you have shared let's look into it a little.

- Did the server ever work before on the same device and same OS? If so has anything changed since then?

- Is the server properly configured (https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157350), in particular the need to create an account (user with credentials) and use matching port number (sometimes manual entry required for port) and properly matched server url prefix and security settings (TSL/SSL) Note: my experience and the documentation is based on FTP; much but not all of it might apply to HTTP server.

- In MiXplorer on the device where you run the MiX server, can you read and write to the same folder that is set as home location for goodsync windows client?

If the server is properly configured and you can write files locally in MiX in the folder that MiX assigns as home to the server, this may be a bug in which case, as described in the opening posts of this thread, please log it and share the log in the main thread with a description (a detailed list) of what actions were taken while reproducing the issue and logging it. More helpful information about logging here: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157367

BTW, it is nice that you can log this from the client side (I use Filezilla for that with FTP). It is primarily the MiXplorer log which will tell the developer what MiXplorer is doing but the details from your client log might also help.

wuri

Sep 29, 2012
It may very well be a bug but that is not certain, or at least not demonstrated, quite yet based on the details you have shared let's look into it a little.

- Did the server ever work before on the same device and same OS? If so has anything changed since then?

- Is the server properly configured (https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157350), in particular the need to create an account (user with credentials) and use matching port number (sometimes manual entry required for port) and properly matched server url prefix and security settings (TSL/SSL) Note: my experience and the documentation is based on FTP; much but not all of it might apply to HTTP server.

- In MiXplorer on the device where you run the MiX server, can you read and write to the same folder that is set as home location for goodsync windows client?

If the server is properly configured and you can write files locally in MiX in the folder that MiX assigns as home to the server, this may be a bug in which case, as described in the opening posts of this thread, please log it and share the log in the main thread with a description (a detailed list) of what actions were taken while reproducing the issue and logging it. More helpful information about logging here: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157367

BTW, it is nice that you can log this from the client side (I use Filezilla for that with FTP). It is primarily the MiXplorer log which will tell the developer what MiXplorer is doing but the details from your client log might also help.
- No, I used ftp before, because ftp suddenly became very slow, only tens of Kb, I couldn't find the reason, so I tried HTTP.
- has been configured correctly, goodysnc can find all files.
-mixplorer can read and write folders normally.
I try to send logs, but it fails with both options. I checked the log, and there is no valid information (any error message), and there is only one sentence in the log of goodysnc:
Error analyzing {folder path}: checking for lock file: XML Parser error 3 at line 1 col 357.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
- No, I used ftp before, because ftp suddenly became very slow, only tens of Kb, I couldn't find the reason, so I tried HTTP.
- has been configured correctly, goodysnc can find all files.
-mixplorer can read and write folders normally.
I try to send logs, but it fails with both options. I checked the log, and there is no valid information (any error message), and there is only one sentence in the log of goodysnc:
Error analyzing {folder path}: checking for lock file: XML Parser error 3 at line 1 col 357.

Thanks for explaining. So, some of the common issues seem not to be factors. A MiXplorer log will definitely collect more than one line. If you are only getting one line in a MiXplorer log then there may be a bigger problem on your device than the HTTP server. In the logging and troubleshooting post, post seven at the beginning of this thread, you can find instructions on how to capture a log and how to access it manually. I would suggest referring to that material then describing specifically how you generating the bad log, a list of the specific actions and steps that you take.

I suggest trying to resolve the issue generating a MiXplorer log and then posting a report containing that log in the main thread. If you cannot generate a MiXplorer log then use the information you have collected so far including the log from the client in your report in the main thread.

wuri

Sep 29, 2012
Thanks for explaining. So, some of the common issues seem not to be factors. A MiXplorer log will definitely collect more than one line. If you are only getting one line in a MiXplorer log then there may be a bigger problem on your device than the HTTP server. In the logging and troubleshooting post, post seven at the beginning of this thread, you can find instructions on how to capture a log and how to access it manually. I would suggest referring to that material then describing specifically how you generating the bad log, a list of the specific actions and steps that you take.

I suggest trying to resolve the issue generating a MiXplorer log and then posting a report containing that log in the main thread. If you cannot generate a MiXplorer log then use the information you have collected so far including the log from the client in your report in the main thread.
No, one line refers to goodsync. There are still a lot of mixplorer logs, but they cannot be sent out in the app. Do you have an email address? I will send it to you.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Example of atypical use of FTP Server

There is a home camera system made by Eufy which, in addition to being by an incompetent and untrustworthy company, has created an android app with a severe vulnerability. A duplicate copy of every video clip (private video from inside people's homes) that is downloaded with the app is left in the app directory unknown to the user even after the user believes they've deleted their only copy of the file from the shared media directory. The duplicate files remain until the device runs out of storage and provides a warning or the app is uninstalled. Non-rooted users would never know until that warning and even then might not understand why they got the warning.

It seems obvious from viewing logs and the directory structure that the app is failing to use its own cache folder, thereby failing to delete the cached copies of the private video even after user saved it to the public videos directory. The MiXplorer FTP server provided a live view of what is happening in more than one folder at the same time like so.

- On the device which runs the security camera app, run MiX FTP server so it gives access to all storage, or at least at a high enough level so that any client could navigate to either of the involved directories.

- Connect an FTP client to the server and navigate to the correct user folder for downloaded clips.

- Connected another FTP client to the server and navigate to the app folder where the unwanted files remain.

- On the device that has the security app and the MiXplorer server, invoke a clip download through the security app.

= While the download is progressing, repeatedly refresh the file list in both clients.

There are other ways to prove this with detailed logging and reviews of timestamps or programmatically monitoring folder for new files, but this method with the FTP servers provides a good look at what the app is doing. This was so easy to do, with devices that had been configured to connect to each other previously, that I was able to do this during a live support phone call with the company.

[EDIT] removed some stuff that will be in a thread I create about this, I just wanted to show about the FTP server.

Cleaned up some accidental voice typing which seems to have been from a phone call about home repairs. Ha.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
No, one line refers to goodsync. There are still a lot of mixplorer logs, but they cannot be sent out in the app. Do you have an email address? I will send it to you.

First, a point of clarification. I'm not the developer, I merely maintain the FAQ. As to the log, regardless to the presence of reference to goodsync the log will be informative (particularly to the developer) about what the MiX is doing and if requisite permissions are in place, etc.

Typically people share their logs as attachments to reports in the main thread; if the log is short enough it can be shared as text within a post.

If you are hesitant to share the log in the thread as it is you can check it for any personal information you want to delete (I remove IP addresses and port numbers and sometimes folder names - but that can be a bit much when there are many document providers).

If the log is short you can send it via XDA PM to the developer. I don't know if you can attach logs to PMs.

As a last resort you could try using the email address for MiXplorer which is listed at the Google play store page. I described that as a last resort because that is presented at play store in the context of MiXplorer silver, but some people do use that.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I've replied here in the FAQ since your issue seems resolved and this information does not directly inform MiX development.

No, my issue wasn't about file sizes etc.
V6.61.3 fixes it for me too.
Didn't find that post, sorry. But I was searching in the xda app, not the browser. Come to think of it, there was an issue with searching a while ago. Maybe it's still not fixed.

XDA search engine has a bug where your criteria is replaced by a wild card. See my signature for link to description of how to work around that. Also, any kind of searching is better done in a browser where you can open results in a separate tab and not lose your place.

JimBe24c

Apr 2, 2019
Hi guys, I am interested to know what NEW MAJOR functions have been released. Is there anywehere I can find this? I don't need to know ALL the functions in MiXplorer but just the NEW IMPORTANT stuff.

I recently needed something a bit offbeat and discovered MiXplorer had it although I nearly didn't look. How many such gems are hidden away without a user realizing it? The Changelog is far too detailed and covers only a few releases.)

(If you're interested, this was the ability to search the device for files and then rename all it found in one mass rename with a number increment if required.)

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Hi guys, I am interested to know what NEW MAJOR functions have been released. Is there anywehere I can find this? I don't need to know ALL the functions in MiXplorer but just the NEW IMPORTANT stuff.

I recently needed something a bit offbeat and discovered MiXplorer had it although I nearly didn't look. How many such gems are hidden away without a user realizing it? The Changelog is far too detailed and covers only a few releases.)

To the point of your observation , MiXplorer does indeed do more than it may seem from a look at the surface. Some of Mix’s functions would be old features which are new discoveries to you and some would be new features which would be new discoveries to everybody. There is no running list of major feature updates across multiple versions (just each version’s associated change logs) and it is worth noting that even though such information is interesting to know, that is not typically how app development change logs are presented. This is not to disagree with what you want, just to advise that the information you want is available but you might have to work for it a little bit. If you want to learn about MiXplorer’s potential and or about new features:

- Check descriptions in opening posts of MiXplorer’s main XDA thread and at play store page.

- Review change log. True, it is not a bullet list of major app changes but it is really not that long and the changes it reports may be more substantial to development than what would show in a bullet list.

- Check the OPs of this FAQ, at this point not at great depth but to scan for major sections and mentions of various features.

- Check some of the newer posts in the main thread and the FAQ might (or might not) reveal what new features are being worked on.

- Explore the app. Long press is your friend who tells you what some of the screen elements do, and built in descriptions of settings are informative.

MiXplorer’s sense of development and change logs are focused on the development of the app and we have to work a little bit for the information you seek. This has always been the nature of MiXplorer development, but we do have a guide in the app descriptions which outline features which we can then look into in more detail.

(If you're interested, this was the ability to search the device for files and then rename all it found in one mass rename with a number increment if required.)

Yes, MiXplorer’s ability to use regex for searches and renames makes for a powerful utility and to the point of your observations because there are so many other features which are popular this feature may be barely noticeable in the feature lists, which is not uncommon for the more advanced features of any app that has many features. So it goes.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Try to step away from the keyboard? Perhaps, but I did not say anything about voice typing. Mwahaha!

BTW Google voice typing, which cannot handle some basic words and punctuation, entered "Mwahaha" upon hearing it said once. Ha!

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Try to step away from the keyboard? Perhaps, but I did not say anything about voice typing. Mwahaha!

BTW Google voice typing, which cannot handle some basic words and punctuation, entered "Mwahaha" upon hearing it said once. Ha!
Good to know their QA has its priorities straight.

TimAnd

Jul 20, 2010
Sarajevo
I am new to Mix, so many options I'm trying.

When I select 2 songs and play, without creating a named playlist, is there "add to playing"? To just add 3rd in queue.
Another and bigger problem, I see "1/2" 1st song playing but when it finishes, 2nd one doesn't start automatically. Can it?
I used that in Estrongs ES Explorer.

I read that feature requests and bug reports should go to dev thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691. But I need to be sure I didn't miss something.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.Michael

TimAnd

Jul 20, 2010
Sarajevo
Is NewPipe looking for ffmpeg to convert the file ? That might invoke a file manager to find the binary. Still, it doesn't explain why MiX or any default, SAF file manager can't be found. Have you checked with NewPipe itself ?

Plenty of issues : https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/issues
In Neo Backup,when I tried to select backup folder, I couldn't, error was "no SAF manager, did you disable inbuilt file manager".
So it seems that MiX lacks this?
Really a problem, how to overcome?

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
東京都 Tokyo Metro
In Neo Backup,when I tried to select backup folder, I couldn't, error was "no SAF manager, did you disable inbuilt file manager".
So it seems that MiX lacks this?
Really a problem, how to overcome?

You should not remove com.android.documentsui ( usually called 'Files' in the application list ), consider it part of the OS even if you use something else as file manager, like MiX.

Many things in Android itself, and in third party applications simply will not work without it.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Have you added it as storage from MiX ?

( Three dot menu > Add > Storage > Document provider )

Ninja! but since I've typed it...

Mixplorer Document provider in Files app doesn't showing SD Card option rest all like Internal etc are shown.
Please someone help here in how to get sd card option as well. Plz check below screenshot
View attachment 5853553

Points of clarification (keeping in mind that some graphics and labels may be different across different devices):
> In your screenshot, that panel in which you navigate to a folder to assign a document provider is part of the OS native file manager, not part of MiXplorer. In other words MiX (or any app) uses that native file picker to select a folder for document provider.
> The item titled [name of the phone] is internal storage, AKA internal SD.
> The item titled Memory Card is External storage, AKA Exernal SD.

Additional Notes:
- The mechanism for adding document providers as well as the labels used for drives and other parts of the experience can vary across different devices. That also means that some of this advice may or may not apply.
- The native file manager may (or may not) have a setting to show or hide the internal SD card. In your case there is either no setting or it is set to show that storage.
- If you are using external storage as adopted storage things may get more complicated.

MiX Nugget - Document Provider
https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85878051

MiX Nugget: Troubleshooting SD card & USB OTG access, accessing /android/data, creating Document Providers, accessing folders on Andriod TV or Google TV, accessing folders in Android 13 and up, other things.
https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-87626419

TimAnd

Jul 20, 2010
Sarajevo
You should not remove com.android.documentsui ( usually called 'Files' in the application list ), consider it part of the OS even if you use something else as file manager, like MiX.

Many things in Android itself, and in third party applications simply will not work without it.
I didn't remove it,it disappeared after I installed MiX from Magisk as a module. It says 6.58 by psk.it. No idea if it can be restored. In Settings, Components all is checked. Help please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, sorry, I meant the bookmark drawer.
    I looked everywhere and could not find an option to disable swipe to open, unfortunately.

That is because there isn't one, to the point of my previous comment "...but I don't think that included any option to disable swipe to open bookmark" The recent changes made by the developer had to do with certain details of the existing swipe functions (eg range) but did not add any option to completely disable. So, to reiterate there is no such option, and I am a +1 adding such an option.

I'll look into LMT, thank you.

To be clear, I was not suggesting the use of LMT as a solution (although it is a nice utility). It is a pie shaped side launcher that uses the same edges as MiX and other apps. Coincidentally, the way LMT is configured on my device puts it in front of MiXplorer's swipe area. It is only by coincidence of LMT dominating usage of the swipe area (and the nature of my phone case) that I never accidentally swipe open the MiX bookmark drawer. In fact I find it difficult to swipe the drawer - able to do so only in one small spot which is outside of LMT's range.

That works for me but...apart from those coincidental factors (LMT and phone case) I am a +1 to feature request: Add toggle to disable swipe to open bookmarks.
    Nugget: Scoped storage and document provider madness, new workaround: Split Screen.

You can copy/ paste files to these folders using the split-screen trick: Open two windows of the Files app in split-screen and use drag-and-drop.

Thanks to @TheMystic for mentioning this here: https://xdaforums.com/t/app-2-2-mix...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-89343891
    Same problem here, has been happening for a long while. I didn't report it here, thought it was my device.

I can print from another app.

Since this seems to be an actual glitch, it would help the developer if you shared details in particular specifications of the device. Logs are also always good although I've shared part of a log so we could wait To see if the developer needs more information.
    I wasn't doubting that you had experienced it only in MiX. Thanks for confirming it did not happen in a different reader. An issue of communicating with the print service seems plausible but if that's the case then the issue is occurring somewhere that affects PDFs but not plain text printing from MiX text editor. I'll test when I have a chance.
    you even does not need to really print a pdf document to observe the Mixplorer printing issue. Only to select "print" from Mixplorer then it forward to the printing service application, and selecting "store to pdf format" (the virtual pdf printer") you can view that the page is blank which is not the case for other PDFs reader.
    Hello,
    I am using Mixplorer Version: 6.64.3 B23090710 with pdf addon.
    All is working good but I have a printing issue. When I try to print any documents it become a white page in the printing android application and I print a white page.... Is there any printing issue existing or is there some missing authorisation? I do not find additional authorisation in the application?

I may have experienced something similar but did not have time to troubleshoot. On Android I had downloaded a PDF of a type which I could usually print from Windows 10 computer but had problems printing it from Android > MiX > Ebook reader = blank pages or no print. The item could be printed directly from its source web page on the same Android device, which might point to MiX as the source of the issue but I did not compare to other PDF readers. Within the next couple of days I might have a chance to test further. If anyone else can reproduce this, then it might be worth reporting in the main thread.
    MiXplorer: Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)

Table Of Contents:

i. INTRODUCTION, GETTING MIXPLORER, & INSTALLATION (This post)
    ii. UI, NAVIGATION, VIEW CONFIGURATION, BOOKMARKS, TABS
    iii. WORKING WITH FILES & FOLDERS (Copy Move methods, Trash option)
    iv. FTP, HTTP, TCP SERVERS
    v. MiX NUGGETS (Freestanding Topical Posts)
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    vii. BUG REPORTING, TROUBLESHOOTING, AND FAQ WIP
    MiX Nugget - Settings Overview: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-82834917

Notes:

If you are just starting with MiXplorer then a general review of this FAQ might be helpful but if you seek information about a particular feature or workaround you can see if there is a "MiX Nugget" for it. MiX Nuggets are individual freestanding FAQ posts which describe a MiXplorer feature in enough detail for basic use without having to sift through whole FAQ. v. MiX NUGGETS (Freestanding Topical Posts).

Issues and workarounds of the moment:
    As the android OS and individual apps evolve there are often clusters of issues for which there are common sets of symptoms and common workarounds. This section is to share a link to whatever is the latest such batch of such issues/workarounds.

MiX Nugget - Document provider Mash-Up: (accessing USB OTG drives, SD card and or /android/data and other directories on newer Android versions. https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-88281485

--------------------------------------
    i) INTRODUCTION

As mentioned in an introduction from the main thread: "MiXplorer (Mix of Explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and fully-featured file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface." created by XDA member and Recognized Developer @HootanParsa

I (IronTechmonkey) am a MiXplorer user and who volunteered (was volunteered) to create the FAQ but I am not the/a developer. This FAQ attempts to describe configuration options, file & folder operations, UI options, and MiX utilities, as well as to share workarounds for known issues or usage cases. Please feel free to provide, suggestions, corrections, or additions which could be linked to or added to the OPs. Thanks to all for your input already as much of this comes from your questions and answers in the main MiXplorer thread. Thanks to @HootanParsa for such a good file management utility.

Please continue to direct bug reporting and tech discussion to the primary MiXplorer thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691.

Note: the developer is sometimes away for periods of time, days or weeks or even months, but is good about following up upon return.

SOME MIXPLORER HISTORY (MiXtory?)

This post by HootanParsa describes a how MiXplorer got started and some key events during its relationship with Google Play Store. https://xdaforums.com/t/app-2-0-mix...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-77894840

Here is another note from HootanParsa regarding the history of MiXplorer on Playstore https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691&p=73870110.

MiXplorer is closed source, and because the developer rarely if ever engages in discussions about closed vs. open source this is not discussed at length in the main MiX thread. This is not by any rule but rather by respect for the developer's decision. That being said, past discussions about closed vs. open source have been well informed and informative. Such discussions really do relate to software development, if not to the bugs to be fixed at any given moment, so please feel free to have such discussions here if/when they become too much for the main thread.

GETTING MIXPLORER

There are several ways to get MiXplorer and keep it updated and there are some methods which should not be used. In particular do not install MiXplorer via Magisk module or other system modification. This is known to cause significant problems and is not supported. Here are the ways to get MiXplorer:

1) XDA Version in Main Thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691:
    This is the place for p the latest stable version, which is usually available in post 2. This is also where you can get the latest beta version. Note: it is always a good idea to check the main thread's OPs to see what version # is flagged as stable, as well as check the change-log. Add-ons can be obtained through the app which links to website.

2) Playstore (MiXplorer Silver). As announced by HootanParsa here https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78465999&postcount=27232; "MiX Silver a bundle of MiX with Archive and SMB2 addons and the latest language resources is uploaded in Play store as a paid app to support the development of MiXplorer. If you liked it and installed it and found a problem, please let me know. Thank you very much. "

Note: The Playstore-Silver and XDA-Stable versions of MiXplorer are essentially the same (sometimes with small variation) but the Playstore-Silver version includes some add-ons (describe below and at Playstore page) which would have to be installed separately and manually in the XDA version; otherwise the 2 version are functionally the same.

3) APK Mirror: This is an unsupported repository of more versions of MiX than most people would need, but some of these builds may be helpful in some situations and it provides access outside of Playstore.
    MiX at APK Mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/hootan-parsa/mixplorer-hootanparsa/
    Old link (just in case) https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=pishrodevs.
    If this link does not work then search Google for [MiXplorer APK Mirror]
    As to upgrade paths: The Play Store gives a one-shot installation and upgrade path for the app and its included add-ons. The XDA stable version allows users to decide specifically which add-ons are installed but offers a similarly simple upgrade path from with the app.

4) [POSSIBLE INACTIVE] APKMirror RSS Feeds: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/pishrodevs/mixplorer-hootanparsa/feed/
    [inactive?]http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/hootanparsa/feed/ The ApkMirror RSS feeds are considered by many to be a similarly "stable" and up to date as the main MiXplorer thread and XDA Labs but it offers less information about the development progression of recent updates.

Add-ons: MiXplorer Add-ons can be installed from within the app like this:
    Settings > Addons > and click add button > follow links to browse and download appropriate add-ons.

INSTALLATION:

After installing MiXplorer there are some things that must be done in order to give MiXplorer proper access to storage locations and root or SU access. It is a good idea to get these things out of the way as part of the installation (or update) of MiXplorer rather than on-the-fly as you need to perform file management tasks. Here is a brief walk-through of how to give MiXplorer it's requisite permissions. This is written for Android Nougat which has more of these prerequisites than earlier Android versions so please note that things may differ across different ROMs and SU/root methods:

Do this stuff first, immediately after installing MiXplorer but before configuring it and importing skins and or settings

- At first run of MiXplorer at prompt "Allow MiXplorer to access photos, media, and files on your device?" Select to Allow.
    - Make sure root is enabled in MiX setting > Navigate to Root "/" to force first time SU permissions request > Select " allow" and "remember".
    - Navigate to external SD and create a new folder. There should a prompt "Attention Please select Ext SD... to gain permissions". Note: In some situations you may not have to create a folder to invoke this prompt.

BUG REPORTING

- Please report bugs in the primary MiXplorer thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691. Bug reports should include. details about your device (Android version, ROM version, Root status, SU method, MiXplorer version) as well as a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue and a log taken while the issue was reproduced. There are more suggestions for testing, logging and reporting bugs in this post: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65157367&postcount=7
    1) Primary UI Components
    2) Navigation
    3) Drawer (Bookmarks/History)
    4) Tabs
    5) Views (file folder list)
    6) "Home" page - described in MiX Nugget
    - Home Page - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82781209&postcount=1168

1) Primary UI Components

The names of various UI objects may be referenced throughout documentation (and are helpful to know when configuring theme). Here are the names of a few primary UI components along with the specific name for their background colors in the theme configuration. This is just as a reference point for the documentation. For more about skins and themes see that post.

Status Bar: TINT_STATUS_BAR
    Main Bar: BG_BAR_MAIN
    Tab Bar: BG_BAR_TAB
    Tab Indicator: TINT_TAB_INDICATOR
    Selected Tab: TINT_TAB_INDICATOR_SELECTED
    Page: BG_PAGE
    Tools bar: BG_BAR_TOOLS
    Navigation Bar: TINT_NAVIGATION_BAR

I) Action Bar: BG_BAR_ACTION The Action Bar appears in place of the Main Bar when one or more items is selected.

J) Drawer: The Drawer can be opened by tapping Hamburger in Main Bar or swiping the Page from left edge toward right and takes it’s background color from BG_BAR_MAIN.

2) Navigation

To navigate through folders
    ; Tap the name of he folder you want to enter, or select a bookmark or history item. Note: Tapping the icon to the left will select and highlight the folder.

To go to the previously accessed folder:; Press back button.

To go anywhere in the path you are browsing: Tap the Location button in Main bar then tapping the part of the folder tree you want to go to.

To go to a manually entered location: Long press the Address in the Main bar then tap “Enter the path”. Note the other things that can be done from this menu: Copy path, Copy name, Enter the path, Create shortcut, Clear thumbnails cache, Properties. Note: The items in lists like this may change as MiXplorer evolves.

To search for items: Tap the search icon, then you can start typing what you want to find in current folder.
    To filter the search: tap the leaning-hamburger, then select an option.
    To search recursively (into sub-folders): Tap the right-angle arrow icon, then choose options and search criteria. See this FAQ Nugget for recursive and advanced search options: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-82781351
    Regex: Regex is a fairly powerful method of using expressions (wild-cards and variables) to do searches, and can also be used for renaming files.
    Harvesting information in this post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71218953&postcount=118

To change the View level of details: Tap the View button, then select an option.
    To Add a file or folder: Tap the Add button
    To refresh the View: Tap the Refresh button (or tap the Tab title, or tap the Location button in Main bar then tap the location).
    To sort the view: Tap the Sort button (A-Z icon)

To show or hide an item flagged as hidden: With no items selected, tap overflow menu then tap "Show Hidden" or "Don't show hidden".
    To exit MiXplorer: Long-press Back button.

------------------------------------
    3) Bookmarks/History (Drawer)

To open the Drawer for Bookmarks and History
    : Tap hamburger in Main Bar, or swipe from the left edge toward right.

To create a Bookmark to a location on the device: Navigate to the location, then long press the Location in the Main (top) Bar, then tap "Add to...", then tap "Bookmarks"; or Navigate to one level above the folder, then long press the folder in the file/folder list, then tap overflow menu, then tap "Add to...", then tap "Bookmarks". :

To create a Bookmark to a network share, server or cloud: Open Drawer, then tap hamburger, then tap Add storage, then select and configure the type of storage. Note: The available cloud storage options may change over time. Here are examples of 2 common types of network bookmarks:

1) To access shared folder (SMB share) on PC or other computer on same local network.:
    - Have a shared folder on a computer with file sharing and network discovery enabled.
    - Open MiXplorer on device connected to same network.
    - Bookmarks Drawer
    - Hamburger button
    - Add Storage
    - Custom
    - Search local
    - Enter credentials
    - If the search finds no shares there may be an issue with the sharing on the host or network between devices but you could try manual configuration.

2) To access an FTP Server on another device:.
    - Have an FTP server to connect to.
    - Bookmarks Drawer
    - Hamburger button
    - Add Storage
    - Custom
    - Enter server details (ftp://<ipaddress>:<port>, user-name password)

Notes about network and cloud bookmarks:

- When you create a connection to local network share or cloud via <Bookmark Drawer - hamburger - Add storage>, a Bookmark will automatically be created.

- Depending on the type of network location, when you browse the network location you may or may not be able to create bookmarks to locations within that tree as described above. This should work for SMB shares on a computer or folders on another Android device accessed via MiXplorer FTP and might work for others.

- When you save an off-device bookmark, some context sensitive additional configuration variables may or may not be added to the "Advance settings" field, which in some cases can be edited manually later.

To Delete or modify a bookmark: Open the Drawer, then swipe the bookmark name to the right, then select appropriate action.

To rearrange bookmarks: Open the Drawer, then tap and drag a bookmark by it’s icon up or down.

Sections are labels which can be added to the bookmark list to organize bookmarks into groups. Tapping a bookmark section will expand or collapse the bookmarks between that section and the next section below it. Sections can be edited and moved in the same manner as bookmarks. Note: Moving a section will not bring the bookmarks under it to the new location - just the section itself. Arrangements of the groups must be done manually.

To create a custom category (similar to custom bookmark for a search) in the bookmark list: Open 'All files' - Tap on the search button - Recursively - Enter file-name extensions eg; *.zip|*.rar|*.txt - Press GO - Long press the address bar - Add to bookmarks.

To reset the search-all-by=type folders (archive, apk,image, video, etc) if they are gray and don't work: If you are updating from an older version of MiXplorer you may have to click on bookmark menu and choose "reset default" (which should preserve your own bookmarks) to recreate the new versions of the search bookmarks, then you can delete the gray ones.

Bookmark functions via the Bookmarks Menu: Add storage Reset defaults; Remove all, Export. Note: To import bookmarks, open the exported .micfg file with MiXplorer and select import.

To switch between Bookmarks and History : Open Drawer then tap the Bookmarks or History label in top Bar.

To clear history: Open Drawer to History, then tap mini-hamburger.

4) Tabs

1st Tab is left-most. Last Tab is right-most. New tabs will open to the right of the active tab.

General Tab functions can be accessed via the tab menu and are context sensitive, based on Tab bar visibility and tab arrangement.

Some functions can can be accessed by long pressing on a Tab when the Tab Bar is visible.

To refresh a Tab’s view: Swipe down, or tap on the name in the Tab Bar, or tap the location name in main bar then tap it again in the drop down.

To open a new tab:
    - Open Bookmarks/History
    - Long press on the item that you want to open in a new tab
    or
    - Select a folder in the main page
    - Tap the overflow menu in the action bar
    - Tap "Open in new tab",
    or;
    - Tap the Tab menu then tap "Add new tab"
    or;
    - When on last (right-most) tab, Swipe from right edge to left (depends on "Settings" - ""More Settings" - "Swiping in first and last...")

Save single tab as default tab or to save a group of tabs (Note: "Save" may occasionally be referred to as "Pin")

To save an individual Tab be opened to a specific location at each app start (default tab)

- Have only one tab opened.
    - Navigate to desired location.
    - Long press on Tab Title then tap "Set as default".
    - Open the Tab drop-down menu, select, "Save tabs", Tap "Now" (leave "On Exit" un-selected).

To save a group of tabs (tab-set) to be opened at each app start:
    - Create the tabs, and open each to the location of your choice.
    - To set the default tab (to be active at app start) long press on Tab Title then tap "Set as default".
    - Open the Tab drop-down menu, select, "Save tabs", Tap "Now" (leave "On Exit" un-selected).
    Note: View detail level and sort order should be remembered per tab.

To have MiXplorer save the tab-set that is in place at each app close (to be opened at next app app start):
    - Open the Tab menu.
    - Select check box: "On Exit".

To reset tabs to whatever was last saved by 'Save tabs - Now" or by "Save tabs - On exit":
    - Open the Tab menu then tap Reset tabs. Each Tab's view level and sort order should be remembered and not be reset by this action.

5) Views (file folder list)

There are many ways to configure the file/folder list views using the "View" and "Sort" buttons which appear in the Tools bar at the bottom (in the default skin and configuration). Here are a few of the more notable functions:

- "View" button - "Recursive data": When "Recursive data" is enabled (and after a refresh of the view) MiXplorer will calculate and show the quantity of items and storage space uses in sub-folders.

- "View" button - "Reset defaults": When "Reset defaults" is enabled then pinch zoom settings can be reset to default for each drive independently by going to root of drive, then selecting a view mode (eg "Detailed"). To maintain the different zoom levels disable "Reset defaults".

- "Pin" an item to top of list: A folder or file can be "Pinned" so it stays at the top of the list view regardless of sort options. To pin/unpin an item: Select it then open menu then select pin/unpin. Similarly, apps in the "Open with" list can be pinned to the top of that list by long pressing the app then tapping "Pin"

- Create a custom thumbnail: To create a custom thumbnail for a folder (which would be used when "Auto folder preview" is enabled in main settings) put the image you want to use for the thumbnail in the folder and rename it to .preview.

- Gallery style view for search folders: For the search folders which show all of a certain file type (eg Audio, Document, Image, Video), there is a gallery style view which shows all images of the designated type on the device but grouped in folders by location similar to the way most default gallery apps work. To enable this mode: Tap the "Sort" button then enable "By parent". To show all items in one list without the folders, disable "By parent"

- App, User App, System App: When viewing contents of the "App" search bookmark, tapping on Location allows choice of App (all), User App, System App. To create a custom bookmark to any of those: Tap the Location in Main Bar, then select desired view (App, User App, or System App) then long press location and "Add to" bookmarks.

6) "Home" page

A full page panel containing locations with details, described in more detail here: MiX Nugget - Home Page - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82781209&postcount=1168

View Customization (more in Skins/Themes)

Disable Thumbnails (folder specific}: Place image in folder > rename to .nothumbnail
    Custom Folder Icon (folder specific): Place image in folder > rename to .foldericon
    Custom Folder Icon Preview (folder specific): Place image in folder > rename to. preview

Notes:
    - Some image properties may not function properly. Icons can be optimized here: https://tinypng.com/
    - Some of these may depend on a related setting within the app (eg .preview file and setting "Auto folder preview")

----------------------------------------------
    LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    MiX Nugget - Settings Overview: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-82834917
    - vii. BUG REPORTING, TROUBLESHOOTING, AND FAQ WIP

Bug Reporting:
    Please report bugs in the primary MiXplorer thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691.

Bug reports should come from the newest beta version of the app. If you notice a bug in the newest release version then check the newest beta. If it also occurs in the beta then log it from there.

Bug reports should include. details about your device (Android version, ROM version, Root status, SU method, MiXplorer version) as well as a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue and a log taken while the issue was reproduced.

MiXplorer's Built-in Logging:

Enable MiXplorer logging
    : Settings . More settings . Logging (enable)

MiXplorer has a native logging feature. If logging is enabled (as it is by default) then the most efficient and the recommended way to do it is the following:

- After crash or after experiencing issue,
    - Open MiXplorer
    - 3-dots menu
    - Send log.

If you have disabled logging in the past, or you if are diagnosing more complicated issues or if you will be reviewing the logs yourself before sending. Here is a manual method that some people use:

- Enable MiXplorer logging.
    - Close MiXplorer.
    - Open MiXplorer.
    - Reproduce the issue.
    - Close MiXplorer.
    - The logs should be in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/cache/log/ (The path may vary slightly depending on ROM).
    - Use alternative file manager (just for this ;)) to get most recent log in folder.
    - If using MiXplorer to get the log manually, then make sure to get the log for the previous MiXplorer session rather than the one for the current session.

Testing and Logging Notes:

- Reproduce and log issues in a new session of MiXplorer that was started after logging has been enabled. In other words: Enable logging, then close MiXplorer, then start MiXplorer to reproduce the issue and send the log. A new log is created each time you open MiXplorer. Note: - In some cases it is recommended to test the issue in a clean installation of MiXplorer (after uninstalling MiX then reinstalling it).

- The MiXplorer log directory will not appear until MiXplorer logging has been enabled at least once since last new installation of MiXplorer. Also, if MiXplorer is uninstalled the log folder will be deleted, so if you are getting logs manually during repeated tests remember to do so before next uninstall.

- Before sharing logs it is a good practice to review them for information that you don’t want to share, and to delete that information or replace it with an obvious label, eg <thing x deleted>. To each their own about what to delete, but reviewing logs with privacy in mind before sending is prudent.

- For logging more complex issues, or certain types of FCs where native app logging does not catch the error, a full system log (logcat) may be needed. The app "MatLog" (formerly "CatLog") from Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pluscubed.matlog&hl=en can be used to capture logcats on the device. If an issue is causing reboots then the log might have to be taken from a USB connection on a computer via ADB.

- When you share the log, also share the following:

1) Full details of the device including: Android version, ROM version and variant, Root status, SU status, busybox status.
    2) A detailed description about how to reproduce the error when logging so others may try to reproduce it.

LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    iii. WORKING WITH FILES & FOLDERS

Search, searching for items: Expanded description of search methods in this post. MiX Nugget - Searching for Files and Folders: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82781351&postcount=1170

Select a file or folder: Long press anywhere on the file, or tap on the icon at the left side.

Select multiple files and or folders: Select one file or folder as described above and then select additional items by tapping on the name of each item.

Select all files and folders in the current view: Tap the "Select all" button in the tools bar, or open overflow menu and tap Select all. Note: the Select all button and the Servers button can be swapped in the Tools Bar via Settings - More Settings.

Once you have selected any item(s) the Action Bar will appear (temporally replacing the Main Bar) and will show a counter of selected items with their size, and icons for some standard actions with an overflow menu for more actions. The downward pointing arrow now offers options to expand shift or invert the selection.

There are several ways to to Copy or Move items:

Task queue Select items, then choose an action (repeat process for multiple jobs), then navigate to destination, then tap Job Queue, then select queued task.

- Individual pending tasks or all pending tasks can be cleared from the queue.

- Pending Copy tasks in the queue can be repeated to different destinations.

Drag & drop: Select some items then long press on that selection and drag. A hovering pop-up will appear indicating how many selected items are being dragged.When the the destination folder becomes highlighted, release the selection and respond to the then a “Drop files” prompt which offers a choice to copy or move the selected items.

Copy To and Move To: To copy/move files to a folder to be selected during the process; select items, open menu, tap ]Copy To or Move To, navigate to location, tap OK.

Some long file operations can be paused using the play/pause button in the task status window. Also, from there the task can be canceled or sent to background.

Delete options. There are several delete methods, the visibility of which may be context sensitive, and MiXplorer has a native "recycle/trash" feature which can be enabled in Settings - More Settings - Undo.

Normal: Deletes file “normally”. As is the case with file deletions (not Recycle or Trash) in other OS, the deletion is non-reversible but the raw data may persist until incidentally written over by other system activity.

Trash: Similar to Recycle or Trash bins on desktops. The locations (drives/root paths) where “Trash” functions may very across ROMs and devices. When "Undo" is enabled as described above the following should occur:

- Deleted items are placed in hidden folders named .recycle at the root of each drive. Don't delete those manually unless you are not using the "Undo" feature.

- In the main menu there is an item called "Undo" which shows a list of available undo items. Long press on an item in that list to see the specific files that can be restored. Short press to restore that item/group of items.

- Menu > Undo > "Remove all"; will delete all the .recycle folders and their contents from all drives (if they exist). Also nota bene: only do this if you are sure you wont need to restore anything). Any time you "Trash" something when "Undo" is enabled the .recycle folder for that drive will be recreated. If you've already disabled "Undo" in settings and still have leftover material in the .recycle folders, those folders can be deleted manually (requires "Show hidden")

- In some cases you may be able to recover items manually from the .recycle folders.

- If the trash cannot be emptied, try the following: Main Menu > Undo > Remove all, or Settings > More Settings > deselect Undo. As with manually deleting the contents of the trash/recycle folder, make sure you dont need anything from there before doing this.

Shredder: Destroys files before deleting them. Only available for certain locations. May take longer for larger selections. Deletion by this method is non-reversible and leaves minimal if any recoverable data on the drive.

Batch Delete: When you try to delete a folder as "Normal", it also takes time to clean up database, removing thumbnails, etc... . You can use "Batch Delete" to remove that folder as fast as possible.

[LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    iv. FTP and HTTP SERVERS and Send-to

NOTE: As of MiX 6.57 there were substantial changes to servers; ; TCP was removed, Send-to was merged into FTP server, TLS/SSL toggle and explicit/implicit and other switches were added, and multiple accounts can be configured. After updating to 6.57 a username and password will have to be reconfigured as will a few other things as described below. This post outlines the updated server configurations. The description of server configuration for older version of MiX (6.56 and previous) are in this post: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85896901

--------------------------------------------
    There are multiple ways MiXplorer can make folders available to other devices including: FTP/Share server, HTTP/WebDav server, SFTP server, and SMB1 Server Each server types offers different functionality and may be applicable in different situations, but the FTP(S,ES)/Share server is most robust and can be accessed by FTP clients and by some native OS file managers so FTP Server was used to create this documentation. HTTP/WebDav server offers less functionality but can be accessed by web browsers and native file explorers on most other systems without any client software, just a full-featured web browser and the requisite credentials. The HTTP server is configured similarly to the FTP server. There are also SFTP and SMB1 servers which are newer and or experimental and which may (or may not) be documented elsewhere.

The MiX server will deliver a different “home” location (folder seen as working folder of directory tree by client) and will offer different levels of access to files on the server device according to: account settings, and method used to run the server, and which folder is in the active tab in MiX on the server device at the time the server is invoked. There is a more detailed description of the different home locations used in different situations below (see Home Path"

Starting Servers

The servers can be started or stopped by a variety of methods: Bottom bar button, main menu, server configuration panel, home screen widget, system tile.

The servers can also be toggled by using Tasker or some other app which can handle intents:
    MiX Nugget - Turning Servers ON/OFF with Tasker and...
    https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-75400602

Some file operations can be performed via intents.:
    MiX Nugget - COPY with Tasker and...:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-75389465

Deep Links:
    Additionally, servers can be toggled on/off by using deep-links which are essentially web hyperlinks that can be used to create home-screen shortcuts or which can be run programmatically without requiring the management of other parameters. When invoked by a home screen shortcut or programatically the server will be toggled on or off. Home screen shortcuts can be created by any of many methods including:from within Launchers (eg Nova), or from within some web browsers, or by Tasker, Edge Gestures, Automate, or any app that can create a hyperlink shortcuts on the home screen.

For example here is a hack-ish but effective method that was used to create one of the shortcuts. Paste the link into a browser > attempted to connect > attempt fails because network is off or there is no website > use feature to create a home screen shortcut > the shortcut takes the name of the error page but effectively toggles the server > rename shortcut.

These are the deep-links links for toggling each server. Note: these links may be highlighted as hyperlinks in web browsers viewing this page but they are actually links to the MiX installation on the Android device.

https://mixplorer.com/app/ftp/trigger
    https://mixplorer.com/app/sftp/trigger
    https://mixplorer.com/app/http/trigger
    https://mixplorer.com/app/smb/trigger

You can add the working directory at the end of the deeplinks for the servers. Example without and with specification of a working directory:

https://mixplorer.com/app/ftp/trigger
    https://mixplorer.com/app/ftp/trigger/storage/emulated/0/pictures

General Server Settings:
    The settings on the main edit server panel apply to the server in general and to all accounts which run on it.

To edit server: Open servers list by any method > edit (pencil icon).

Port: This is the port # which is appended to the IP address.
    Time out (seconds): The duration of time after which the server turns off automatically.
    IP address (optional): Experimental.
    Toggle Start on boot: Sets the server to start on device boot.
    Toggle TLS/SSL: Enable/disable encryption.
    Explicit/Implicit: (FTP/Share only) Set Explicit or Implicit mode.
    None/Basic/Digest: (HTTPWebDav only) [description needed]
    Keystore: [description needed]
    Certificate: [description needed]

More about TLS and Explicit/Implicit here: MiX Nugget: Server Security Settings https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85932885
    Account settings.

There must be one account (which is equivalent to a username and password configured for the server in the previous MiXplorer versions). Multiple accounts can be created for the same server with each account having different credentials and offering different type of access.

To use just one account: (similar to the username/password from the previous version) rename and configure the “admin” placeholder account or create a new account and delete the placeholder.

To create a new account: In the server edit box Tap Add > enter desired parameters > save.

To edit an existing account: Tap the account drop down (the displayed account name) > tap the name of the account you want to edit.

To delete an account: Tap the account drop down (the displayed account name) > tap the name of the account you want to delete > tap delete. Note: the delete button will not appear if there is only one account.

In the Account edit box the following can be set::

Username
    Password
    Home Path
    Read only
    Show hidden globally

Home Path = The location that clients will see as working directory or root of directory tree

The root folder for clients is contextual, based on how the server was started: The servers can be started or stopped by a variety of methods: Bottom bar button, main menu, server configuration panel, home screen widget, system tile. If the server is invoked directly from bottom bar, then root to clients should be the same as the currently active folder in the MiXplorer UI on the server device. If the server is invoked from within the server configuration panel then root to clients should be the designated folder from the configuration panel.

Factors:
    - If left blank then the the home directory will be auto populated by the root of internal storage (as you may have witnessed).
    - Different clients may yield somewhat different behavior. Full client such as Filezilla on desktop recommended for testing and set up before using native Windows, iOS, or Linux file explorers.

Example Usage Case for multiple accounts: in one FTP server an account could be created with a specific home path so that connections to the server under that account will only see that directory, and another account could be created with no home path designated which allows access to the root of the FTP server device.

Send To:
    To Use the FTP Server to receive files from another device running MiX via Send-to

- Configure FTP servers on both devices with the same port number. Note: The same port # is no longer required; the port can be set in the settings of the connecting device

- Run the server.

- On the client device: select a file > menu > send to > > tap settings to set port to match server port > select server device > in the authentication box enter a password for the displayed account or select a different account and use that account password > Tap OK.

- The regular MiXplorer file operation containing the typical options to abort the process or put it in the background will appear but for small files may not be on the screen for long enough to interact with; nice to have this if you want to gracefully abort a file transfer.

- The file will be copied to the location determined by the home path set for that account based on how server was started.

Note: subsequent file transfers during the same MiXplorer FTP server session may not require credentials and may proceed automatically. In that case in order to switch users the ftp server must be briefly stopped and restarted.

-----------------------
    Link back to MiX FAQ Nugget Index: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157352

LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS