MK809 II

Search This thread
G

Geochelone

Hi,

I just bought my first android stick i.e mk908 ii. But when I connect it to my TV (LG) it boots fine but after a few seconds on home screen the HDMI output (both audio and video) shuts down for a couple of seconds and then it comes back automatically. It happens irregularly and upto 4-5 times a minute. I’ve replaced every cable and yet it keeps on flickering. Bought it from Geekbuing. Any idea, thoughts? I did try the stick with another TV (samsung) and its the same result with it as well. I also tried connecting power USD directly to a USB source (1A , 1.5A, 2A) and also via the power adapter that came with it. Again no change.

Thanks a bunch.

Hi bro,

Try choosing 720p instead of 1080p in Settings > HDMI > ... somewhere there. Works for me.

milo24com

Aug 6, 2013
Plock
CWM image error on mk908ii

Hello, I've done really bad thing, and overwrite my stock recovery, and now i have not recovery mode. it's soo bad to me. If U guys can provide me working recovery.img and instruction to flash it back on my mk908ii , it would be great. I have 4.2.2 Android, provided oryginally with that tronsmart mk908ii.
Please help.
And I can't connect it with my Pc on win8. Drivers doesn't help.

milo24com

Aug 6, 2013
Plock
Explanation

How can I change the apps on the homescreen? I'm using a mouse and keyboard.. I can't hold and press the icons so I can move them...

You can't with stock firmware change that icons. Unfortunately. That is because tronsmart make their own launcher, and it is static.
There are few other roms for that device, but for me, any of its roms isn't good enough to have it for longer time.

Anyway, for mine upper post about recovery image. I did it by my own. I handle it. :) On win8.1 there is problem with drivers and system comaptibility. On win7 it works great, and I can reflash device, so recovery.img too.

best regards 4 U all.
//sorry for not good enough english

cielorazo_

Jan 25, 2011
Hello friends it does little there buys one mini PC for ebay whose model is mk809II but in specifications it figures that it brings the chip rk30sdk.
Not have that to bring rk3066?

Antutu beckmark:
Brand rk30sdk
Device rk30sdk
Os 4.11
Cpu model rockchips cortex a9
Gpu render malin400 mp
Resolution 1280x672
Have root acces yes
Cpu model rockchips cortex a-9
Cores 2
Frecuency 252.0 - 1416.0 mhz
Render mali 400 mp
Vender arm
Gpu version open gl es 2.0
Density 160 dpi
Android version 4.1.1
Android sdk version 16 (android 4.1.x)
Kernel linux ver 3.0.8+(zs@hotack-deskop)

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Hello friends it does little there buys one mini PC for ebay whose model is mk809II but in specifications it figures that it brings the chip rk30sdk.
Not have that to bring rk3066?

Antutu beckmark:
Brand rk30sdk
Device rk30sdk
Os 4.11
Cpu model rockchips cortex a9
Gpu render malin400 mp
Resolution 1280x672
Have root acces yes
Cpu model rockchips cortex a-9
Cores 2
Frecuency 252.0 - 1416.0 mhz
Render mali 400 mp
Vender arm
Gpu version open gl es 2.0
Density 160 dpi
Android version 4.1.1
Android sdk version 16 (android 4.1.x)
Kernel linux ver 3.0.8+(zs@hotack-deskop)

My mk809ii is the 4.2.2 version.(rk30sdk model no,but the vendor version says rk3066!) but after I lot research, I find it was a clone. Bluetooth is bad,and I do have clockworkmod recovery installed, there are few roms that work for it and those roms I find Wi-Fi didn't work! a lot of these tv sticks are a pain, and few developers working on them,its best to do some research and hack your own Rom that came with your device, but remember to do a backup in recovery if it goes wrong!

Sent from my W100 using xda app-developers app

dzincha

Mar 26, 2014
Hi all.
Got mine mk809-2 today. At the begining it couldn't connect to wifi. Then i changed router channel from 1 to 6 and it connected.
But it was so sooo slow......0.2 down
Then i replaced power adaptor and cable - i got 0.6
Then i googled and found video on youtube to play with antena - i took it out and got ~ 1mbit.
Is there some workaround for better speed? Router is quite far, but all laptops conects without problems and also handsets.

dzincha

Mar 26, 2014
Hi all.
Got mine mk809-2 today. At the begining it couldn't connect to wifi. Then i changed router channel from 1 to 6 and it connected.
But it was so sooo slow......0.2 down
Then i replaced power adaptor and cable - i got 0.6
Then i googled and found video on youtube to play with antena - i took it out and got ~ 1mbit.
Is there some workaround for better speed? Router is quite far, but all laptops conects without problems and also handsets.
Found one antena from dir-320. On mk809-2 middle wire was on shortcut with shield-ground. Searching google found, that it is not good and disconnected everything and soldered only middle one and the same on antena side.
Instead of 1mbit max i got 3mbit now. My line is 10mbit max, but 3 is ok. One old ibm also can't get more than 4-5. Fujitsu can get 10mbit.
Some sw upgrade would increase wifi speed?

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
My mk809ii is the 4.2.2 version.(rk30sdk model no,but the vendor version says rk3066!) but after I lot research, I find it was a clone. Bluetooth is bad,and I do have clockworkmod recovery installed, there are few roms that work for it and those roms I find Wi-Fi didn't work! a lot of these tv sticks are a pain, and few developers working on them,its best to do some research and hack your own Rom that came with your device, but remember to do a backup in recovery if it goes wrong!

Hi,

Here one who can't activate wifi in flashed roms. I tried finless 2.0, stock 4.1.1 and a similar stock 4.2.2, and no wifi in all. Do you actually have wifi? What rom? Link please? I didn't make a image backup so...

Also, you or anyone with mk809ii with any 4.2.2 rom could help me if you send me all the files inside the /system/etc/wifi directory (wifi drivers for our wifi chip). I am 90% sure all roms i tried have different wifi drivers and i can't find the correct rom+wifi drivers combination. I would try to install those files into my actual finless 2.0 system dir or any other rom i had tested. If it works you also could fix your wifi with any compatible rom you like...

Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
Hi,

Here one who can't activate wifi in flashed roms. I tried finless 2.0, stock 4.1.1 and a similar stock 4.2.2, and no wifi in all. Do you actually have wifi? What rom? Link please? I didn't make a image backup so...

Also, you or anyone with mk809ii with any 4.2.2 rom could help me if you send me all the files inside the /system/etc/wifi directory (wifi drivers for our wifi chip). I am 90% sure all roms i tried have different wifi drivers and i can't find the correct rom+wifi drivers combination. I would try to install those files into my actual finless 2.0 system dir or any other rom i had tested. If it works you also could fix your wifi with any compatible rom you like...

Thanks in advance!

Solved with mk808b finless rom 2.1 by Bob jb4.4.4.

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Sorry I didn't reply before, yes that Rom works great on mk809ii but I lost Bluetooth (as I realized my device was a clone.) but I didn't install it via flashtool, I used a cwm zip installer (from freaktab) but I use mine just for xbmc now.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Read this for more info on cloned mk809ii/mk808b http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?3880-MK808B-clones-how-to-identify-them

Reactions: jaswinky

DONdiv

Mar 22, 2011
root without micro-usb port side

Hello,

I recently bought a MK809II, but the micro-USB port side was very weak and when I plugged something, it broke.
I was in a shop repairing equipment and welded the port, however, although the device connect, the computer says “Unknown USB Device” and “device malfunction…”.
I wanted your help, was whether is there any other way to make a root without being necessary to connect the micro-USB port side (the OTG is power only and does not transfer data).
I needed to make the root to the equipment, but I've done several searches and can't find a way, without using this micro-USB port.
Someone can help me, please?

So much thank you,

catnamedog

Aug 18, 2012
WARRINGTON
newbie rooting guide?

Hi! I have an MK809 non-bluetooth dongle. Is it possible to root it in a simple, non-technical way? I ask because yes, I want to make use of the extras that rooting offers, such as loading XBMC onto the sd card (mines 32gb), and getting updates easily. However, I'm not technically competent enough to be let loose with the SDK. If anyone has written an idiots guide to rooting the MK809, please let me know!!
Thanks in advance.

spler

Sep 24, 2014
mk 809

Hi,

Have you been able to find anything on this matter... I'm very interrested in mirroring my windows to my android tv stick.

Thanks.

Right... I cannot for the life of me get Windows 8.1 (64bit) to recognize my MK809II (the motherboard actually says MK806 V30) when it's in Flash Mode. I used the Hard Reset method, used all the drivers on every forum I could find but I always get:

'The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed for with windows for x64-based systems.'

All I want to do is install Android 4.2 on it to use Miracast. Does anybody know how to fix this or have the right drivers? I looked for MK806 ones but no luck so far.

EDIT: Finally managed to flash a 4.2.2 ROM with the WiFiDisplay app but more research revealed that Windows 8.1 can't actually use Miracast through this app. Ridiculously confusing... If anybody manages to mirror their PC screen on Android 4.2.2 please let me know.

Crewey

Feb 13, 2015
No Ethernet settings!

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum, so if this is in the wrong place please excuse me. Iwonder if anybody could help. I've had an MK809II for about 18 months, but rarely used it due to the streaming issues. Well today I bought an ethernet cable and a Micro USB to Ethernet adaptor and connected the ethernet to the MK809. I turned the wifi off and the ethernet on. The problem is that the MK809 is not picking up any of the ethernet settings. So the IP address, gateway and dns settings are all at zero! I've reset the router and restarted the box, but nothing. I thought that I was finally going to get some use out of my toy, but it doesn't seem to be meant. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks guys

Dave

PC Theory

Feb 5, 2015
Where can i buy MK809 iv in south africa

Good morning

i hope someone can help. I'm looking for the MK809iv in south africa, but cant seem to find them anywhere. Can anyone perhaps point me in a direction where i might be able to source these from? I need it to have CEC (to turn on tv when supplied with power), for digital signage. i will be needing 20 of these units to start with, and after that, another 20.

Please, if anyone could help it would be truly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Ben

Danny632

Dec 17, 2014
Deventer
Hi,
Could someone please help me out.
I got a mk809ii from ebay:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/301308428461?_mwBanner=1

I tried rooting it but with no success.
Now i have a problem, the screen stays black, so i tried like 10 different roms some keep hanging at the startup screen and some wont boot at all.

Is there someone who could tell me were i can find a rom that will work on this device.
It works fine with my pc in flash mode i just need the right firmware :(

Danny

alwright1980

Jun 26, 2013
Knoxville
Much EZ-r way w/o Java,Coding or Rcvry prog req'd just 1 simple Win 7 program

IGo ez on me guys this is my first post AND as such I am limited in the posting of url hyperlinks. SO I apologize in advance for my attempts at circumventing this. (Edit have updated these for ease) i have been pouring over the various ways of rooting these mini PC Dongle, and I was somewhat discouraged with the idea of using Android SDK or coding or anything that novices such as myself might find a little intimidating. These other methods I am sure work and to some they are even easy. However I decided to search one more time on one more engine for a method more suited to me. I have used ODIN and Custom Recoveries and a little bit or terminal script coding to make it happen on my various devices, Galaxy s II, Galaxy Tab 3, Galaxy Note 4...etc. This method will have you done in less than 5 minutes no joke. I stumbled upon it by "Yahooing" Root My Android 4.4 rk 809 II. Up pops a bunch of videos with varying degrees of relevancy. The one that caught my eye, even though I wanted to source my method from within the XDA-Dev Community whom hath guided this noob to moderate novice status, was the one entitled "How to ROOT Almost Any Android Device[Aug 2015][HD]" found at the url described in Link B below. I figured why not at least take a look,even though I was all but sure that the mini pc was not the type of device that would work with this method as the video was aimed at phone and tablet users. I did so and and halfway through got the basic idea and having read the guide at the second link(C), which is just as valid
a method though the downloads are no longer hosted in their download links, I knew exactly how to run hookups so as to get any such process going. So all the credit goes to the people publishing their methods out there so that people like me may find one that works for them. That said, this is exactly what I intend to make clear, the fact that IT WORKED FOR ME AND MY MK 809 II running Android 4.4 with the rockchip 3066 "chip?". I cannot, have not, will not make any claims to have found a perfect method for any and all of these dongles out there, and as such I cannot, have not, and will not be held responsible for boot loops, crashes, bricking, and rendered defunct devices. This has worked for me and has been verified by me ONLY with a root check app. USE at your own risk. Of course I believe, very much so, that this program will work for just about any mini pc dongles or boxes or phones or tablets or whatever else android works on, but you would have to check with the people at the sight from which the only download comes, kingoapp root . The following method worked for this particular device in less than 5 minutes (MK 809 II w/AND 4.4 KK and Rockchip 3066):

Step One: visit Link A from a pc and let Kingo ROOT app the program for auto-root download. It SHOULD start automatically upon arriving at Link A (if not refresh). Then install the resulting downloaded program, followed by waiting to launch.
Step Two: Plug the power cord into the device and connect to TV, and allow both tv and dongle to power up into android.
Step Three: Connect a mouse, wired, bluetooth, wireless with dongle x-mitter, or whatever the type have u. Then go to settings and select usb debugging in Developer options.
Step Four: .Begin connecting a male micro usb to male standard usb cord to the dongle's USB port and NOT TO THE CHARGING Port of same size and shape, also keep the other end (std male usb) ready to connect for use very soon.
Step Five: launch the Kingo ROOT program, let it initialize and come to the screen where it says Not connected in a white circle on a blue background page, then if USB Debug is checked click connect to pc in USB section of settings, and then do just that and connect to pc by plugging in the male usb standard plug into a port on the pc and allow all six drivers to install. Once they do the Program will recognize your device and say Is this your "(insert model) android device, in this case rk3066.
Start by answering yes and let program run. Takes about 45 seconds -2 minutes followed by a Rooting was successful announcement. Select your dongle in the devices section and right click and highlight eject to remove properly. Go to play store on your dongle and download a root checker app.. Check it and find out I am right.::cool:

Now I want to know how to install custom recoveries to these devices Anyone know let me know.
all are https://
Link A)
https://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

Link B)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWNyk...77a7cc079a6b16da1f96832f1a3146&sigr=11bqi2i36 You Tube Video
Link C)
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/03/19/how-to-root-rockchip-rk3188-mini-pcs/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root MK809 (II)

everything related 2 the MK809 II

Be gentle people it's my first post

all the credits go to:

bothlynn from vondroid com

I don't accept any responsibility for loss of warranty, brain cells, hair or your TV stick as a result of following this guide. All I can say is it worked for me on my Jelly Bean version of the MK809 (II)

So here it is for the community, a step-by-step to root this device.

1/ If not already done install Android SDK and make sure it runs. Put the platform-tools directory in your system PATH variable.

download the attachments for the drivers and TS Sparky root hack

3 / Add lines to <Your Android SDK>\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf

Under the [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64] section:

Code:

; WINDOW/YUANDAO MK809
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01

4/ Connect your MK809 DC port to a high power USB port on your PC or Laptop

on the mk809II its the small microusb port on the left side of the stick
    do not connect any other power-source or device to the stick ( with exception of a mouse to control the device).
    example:

I found that the supplied micro USB cable caused a bootloop and I changed
    to the decent HTC data cable that came with my phone

5/ Once the MK809 is powered up turn on USB Debugging under Developer Settings and allow installations from unknown locations.

In my case. I needed to reset my stick to factory default settings before it enabled USB debugging.

6 / Start the Installation of the PDA.net drivers. When prompted to plug and un-plug your device use the "Connect to PC" option under Settings->USB on your MK809.

After the driver installation is complete you can do a quick test that all is OK so far
    by opening a command prompt on your PC and typing "adb shell" and hitting enter.

If all is well you should get a remote adb shell to your MK809II.

If it's not working at this point could be that step 4 above is wrong.

The original TPSparkyRoot.bat file had a bug. I already corrected this by adding a line: in the bat file:

under line "echo --- Installing SuperSU"
    adb push SuperSU.apk /system/app/SuperSU.apk

If you did the test at Step 6 make sure that adb shell is exited before proceeding
    Also you might want to disconnect and reconnect your MK809 either physically or via Settings->USB
    on your MK809 just to make sure of a clean connection before the point of no return

9/ Run the batch file TPSparkyRoot.bat from the shell you opened at Step 8. Note that after each reboot and before you hit space to continue you will need to reconnect your MK809 to the host PC via Settings->USB.
    Before entering the spacebar to proceed with the hack

You should now be rooted. It's worth running superSU on your MK809 to update the su binary and superSU itself. Then you're done.
    Video Guide on Flashing ROM to MK809II

Hey all,

I followed a couple of guides/gathered resources and managed to flash my MK809II with the iMito firmware. I made a video tutorial on how to flash your device as I thought it could help new users such as myself. I hope it's useful:

everything related 2 the MK809 II
    [FOR ALL HAVING 'adb device' ISSUES] - need older adb

An important note to all those who, like me, have the Android SDK installed and adb in their path (or decide to use that adb and not the one in the TPSparky package attached by the OP).

In short, it won't work. Use the one in the package. =)

The OP states:

"
    After the driver installation is complete you can do a quick test that all is OK so far
    by opening a command prompt on your PC and typing "adb shell" and hitting enter.

If all is well you should get a remote adb shell to your MK809II.
    "

...and you will, providing that you're using that adb...which is version 1.0.26.

I tried using 1.0.31 (which is in the SDK from Dec.2012/Jan 2013) and it doesn't see anything.
    Interestingly enough, 1.0.26 reports the device id as:
    0123456789ABCDEF

...which I'm pretty sure is not valid (i'm not an expert on Google's device UIDs but a safe guess is that they are supposed to be *unique* hehe.)

Anyways, i don't have the time resources to investigate why this is (and since there are a few clones of MK809II devices out there, YMMV). I am guessing it's probably related to the non-unique "UID", and that the mk809 vendor of these particular devices is playing loose with the ADB protocol standard; something that google likely patched somewhere from 1.0.26->1.0.31.

The short of it is that root DOES work as described by the OP as long as you use ADB version 1.0.26 on your host computer.
    Very likely it'll work for SDK work too (debugging, deploying apps, etc)

~L.N.~

p.s. My device also had a very finnicky power appetite. I needed to use an external ACDC power brick->USB (use a 2.1Amp "ipad approved" one to be sure). *One thing to note though*: whenever you do this AND your computer is NOT a laptop AND/OR is NOT running on batteries, be careful that the ACDC charger and the computer are plugged into the **same** wall outlet! (or, if you're using a UPS, plug either both the computer and ACDC chrg. to the wall, or to the UPS, but not 1 to the wall and the other to the UPS). A ground differential can make weird things happen, and in very rare but severe cases where the diff is high, can destroy the mk stick, the computer's USB port, or both.
    just FYI + word of friendly caution
    MK809 results with finless 1.5 (not MK809II)

Works flawless!

Now i do have finless rom and cwmrecovery.

Bye stockrom ;)

Tried the Finless 1.5 Imito ROM on my MK809 (not MK809II). Booted fine but no wifi even after several reboots. Must be a different wifi module? Back to stock without issue.

Definitely benefits to having gone through this though:

Reformatted system partition to 1GB (MK809 only has 4GB in total, not 8 like MK809II). Selected this in the finless utility. Be careful, changing the parameter file during flash formats your internal SD too.
    Seem to have the benefits of the finless 1080p kernel surviving revert to stock: changing output mode actually does something now, as does display scaling. Still getting 1080p resolution, definitely not before.
    Wondering if the xbox controller elements have survived, yet to test this.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of flashing finless on an MK809.