• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MKV playback from Micro-SD card.

Search This thread

ItzMar

Nov 14, 2012
I' ve been looking into a memory card for my Galaxy Note 2.

The 64gb one from SanDisk looks like a good one to get however I have a few questions about MKV playback.

Can anyone verify smooth playback of high bitrate files, say Avatar @1080p with a 20-30 meg bitrate?

The card states that it can handle 30MB/s but im not sure how it will cope.

Anyone had any experience with these kind of files?

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia

The 64gb one from SanDisk looks like a good one to get however I have a few questions about MKV playback.

Can anyone verify smooth playback of high bitrate files, say Avatar @1080p with a 20-30 meg bitrate?

You should have no issues. Bitrate and data transfer rate are completely different from each other by a factor of 8, because there are 8 bits to 1 byte. In other words, 30MB/s (megabytes) is 8 times more than 30mb/s (megabits). So, even a 1080p video running at a 30mb/s bitrate is still only going to be equivalent to a data transfer of 3.75MB/s. ;)

sloppy1

Nov 9, 2010
bradford

i got the same card class 10 does the job perfect