"mm-qcamera-daemon" Battery Drain in Note 3

Search This thread

gbmolina

Sep 11, 2012
Sofia
none of this worked

None of the above mentioned "methods" worked on my Samsung Galaxy S5, I have never had yahoo messenger installed, removed skype, force stopped Viber, none of it helped. :( This started some days ago and I did not update my OS (I'm rooted, so OTA does not work for me).

Last edited:

jth747

Oct 11, 2010
Seems to have worked for me

If you have this issue try to search your phone for zero length image files and delete them. Then restart the device. I've found a 0 lenght jpeg under viber temp folder. I removed it and all worked fine after all.

Regards,
Cina.

I looked and found 4 0 length .jpg in viber folder. Deleted them and seems to be OK now, several hours so far. :D
Verizon Galaxy S5

mbokan192

Mar 6, 2013
on my samsung galaxy s5 I have the same problem, solved by getting out my memory card! And after that gett out of yor phone battery for one minute. Now everythubg is ok no mm-qcamera-daemon.

daniogroove

Jul 13, 2013
If you have this issue try to search your phone for zero length image files and delete them. Then restart the device. I've found a 0 lenght jpeg under viber temp folder. I removed it and all worked fine after all.

Regards,
Cina.

I found 3 and 1 ".nomedia" file.. Erased them all.. It's gone up 5 seconds over the last 10 minutes. Maybe it goes up tiny bits like that with general use from apps requesting it upon start up.

daniogroove

Jul 13, 2013
I found 3 and 1 ".nomedia" file.. Erased them all.. It's gone up 5 seconds over the last 10 minutes. Maybe it goes up tiny bits like that with general use from apps requesting it upon start up.

To update again, since erasing the files mentioned above I have not experienced this problem once! My battery is back to it's wonderful self. Thanks Cina!

cina

Mar 8, 2008
Tószeg
Hi!

Good to know that and your welcome. But I did not say to erase .nomedia files (they are there to exclude its folder from media search) only I proposed to search and destroy zero length picture (jpg, PNG, tif, etc...) files.

Apart from that I noticed that turning off intelligent screen lock (which watches your face through front camera to postpone screen dimming and consecutive lock if you are reading the screen) it decreases the number of events of high cpu usage caused by mmq-camera-daemon. Try even that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

george s3

Jun 9, 2015
"It's a cookbook!! It's a cookbook!!"

I heard that Google created the bug in order to force users to install a system update that has received a lot of complaints. So many people were complaining about Google's latest system update (adding more advertisements, draining battery life, defaulting paid apps to turn on) that they were turning off their auto update. Google couldn't allow that, so they created this bug where the only fix is to install their update or the alternative is a phone that drains battery so fast that the phone overheats. Proof: If this bug were created by anyone outside of Google, the first thing they would have done was identify the culprit and told users not to download the app. Instead, the fix they are pushing is a factory reset, to again force out their latest system upgrade, as well as to reinstall all those nuisance pre-installed apps that everyone immediately deletes.

PS. Google it if you don't get the title reference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards,
    Cina.
    I realized something, my Yahoo Messenger Video plugin was crashing and probably causing the battery drain.
    After uninstalling it, issue resolved. Hope it helps...
    Nexus 5 Battery drain

I had this problem for several days. Shifting to ART, clearing cache, rebooting to safe mode did not help.
    Removed skype and Instagram ,battery drain stopped. you can try removing these apps.
    Is this issue only in 4.3 or is it still there in 4.4.2

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @Obka 4.4.2 is great. There is no reason not to try it! ?

Sent from Note 3 Superphone!