MMS Fix for Boost & Virgin Mobile on CM9 and AOKP

Search This thread

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Attached to the bottom of this page is an CWM updater.zip for CM9 and AOKP, flash this after every CM9 update you install. If you do a wipe and restore your data flash this fix AFTER you restore your data as the fix deletes the telephony.db file from the data partition, which stores the APN values. This causes your phone to read the apns-conf.xml and write the correct Virgin Mobile values to the telephony.db on the next boot up.

Epic 4g Touch Virgin Mobile CM9/AOKP MMS fix mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?e2iq0i5inseec19

Epic 4g Touch Boost Mobile CM9/AOKP MMS fix mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ah57bk36yybl5sy

Attachments

• BoostMobileMMSFix.zip
    126.1 KB · Views: 2,484
  • VMEpicCM9MmsFix.zip
    127.5 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:

imme2007

Feb 11, 2012
hey thanks for your work,this worked great on my epic 4g,now i have the epic touch and i have ran into a problem,when i try to flash it says there is a error and it says status 0,any help?

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
hey thanks for your work,this worked great on my epic 4g,now i have the epic touch and i have ran into a problem,when i try to flash it says there is a error and it says status 0,any help?

Are you trying to flash this with cwm6? I don't think these zips work with cwm6. When I get a chance I will try and make some new ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Bump, posted new zips that SHOULD not work with CWM6.

Would appreciate if someone could verify. The Virgin one worked great for me.

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Is this fix essentially just an automated version of the manual DIY guide found here?

Yes you could say that except I have been making mms fixes for virgin mobile for much longer than that. I was the one who figured out how to get mms working on cm7/cm9 phones flashed to virgin mobile. The boost script is much more simple, it just gives you the correct apn settings.

groovedexter

Dec 23, 2010
www.groovypost.com
Yes you could say that except I have been making mms fixes for virgin mobile for much longer than that. I was the one who figured out how to get mms working on cm7/cm9 phones flashed to virgin mobile. The boost script is much more simple, it just gives you the correct apn settings. p

Oh most certainly, I just meant if I want to get Virgin Mobile MMS working on a different rom like [Re-Calked ICS] then it would just take following the DYI guide, or is it very complicated to modify the script to work?

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Oh most certainly, I just meant if I want to get Virgin Mobile MMS working on a different rom like [Re-Calked ICS] then it would just take following the DYI guide, or is it very complicated to modify the script to work?

You could try it. There is no guarantee it will work and honestly it probably won't. This script just activates some back end virgin mobile settings that have been added into the cyanogenmod general repo.

Reactions: jjayno2003

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
I would gladly appreciate a CM10 version. Its becoming pretty stable where I would love mms fixed on it. Thanks

Have you tried flashing this on cm10? I hear that this fix works on it but haven't tried it myself yet. Been pretty busy with life the last couple months but I can probably take a look at it this weekend.

Last edited:

igorb81

Mar 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Have you tried flashing this on cm10? I hear that this fix works on it but haven't tried it myself yet. Been pretty busy with life the last couple months but I can probably take a look at it this weekend.

Is there a fix anywhere for Pageplus (Verizon Wireless) I want to try something like this for AOSP Jelly Bean ROM for Epic 4G Touch.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached to the bottom of this page is an CWM updater.zip for CM9 and AOKP, flash this after every CM9 update you install. If you do a wipe and restore your data flash this fix AFTER you restore your data as the fix deletes the telephony.db file from the data partition, which stores the APN values. This causes your phone to read the apns-conf.xml and write the correct Virgin Mobile values to the telephony.db on the next boot up.

Epic 4g Touch Virgin Mobile CM9/AOKP MMS fix mirror:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?e2iq0i5inseec19

Epic 4g Touch Boost Mobile CM9/AOKP MMS fix mirror:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ah57bk36yybl5sy
    Ok guys download and install the anycut app on your phone, Not sure if you can still find it on Google play if not ive attached it here. Once installed Open it and select New shortcut, Activity then look for APNs. Select APNs and click OK. This will create a shortcut to your APNs on your homescreen. Open the APNs shortcut you just created and click on Sprint. Scroll down MMSC and make sure it says the http://mm.myboostmobile.com. Now select MMS proxy and delete the number that are in there. press your menu key and select Save. Now press your home key and maybe restart your phone (not sure if restart is required). You can choose to keep or delete the APNs shortcut when finished.
    Works great fo r me! Installed on wifey phone also..Everything works on 3g,seems stagnant on wifi,All on stock msger that is.:good:

Won't work I'm on boost mobile

You could try it. There is no guarantee it will work and honestly it probably won't. This script just activates some back end virgin mobile settings that have been added into the cyanogenmod general repo.