Mobile network vanishes on WIFI

Search This thread

MajicDroidPirate

Jan 18, 2012
Razer Phone
Razer Phone 2
Okay update I fixed it. If anyone wants to know how that comes across this I did this
And it worked again. Yes its for the rog phone 5 but it worked like magic on the 3. Anyway I will keep you posted if my volte/vowifi/signal issue returns

MajicDroidPirate

Jan 18, 2012
Razer Phone
Razer Phone 2
First download the file persist.rar from thread https://xdaforums.com/t/request-persist-img-for-the-rog-phone-3-android-11.4413885/ then extract it to folder with adb and fastboot driver. then flash the persist partition with the code above
Update: this did not fix my problem. Currently am still experiencing it.
Vowifi has shut itself off despite a completely good functioning wifi network just as before. Airplane mode toggling just as before has made it come back. Basically nothing has changed unfortunately. Thanks

MajicDroidPirate

Jan 18, 2012
Razer Phone
Razer Phone 2
FYI, After reboot the fingerprint issue came back, since this made NO difference in fixing my signal or VoWIFI issues, and broke my fingerprint censor i am restoring my TWRP backup and HOPEING this includes what i flash, anyone else facing this issue I do NOT recommend following that guide and flashing persist, it only made more problems and didn't fix any , if my restore doesn't work ill have to factory reset which i really hope i don't

MajicDroidPirate

Jan 18, 2012
Razer Phone
Razer Phone 2
sorry to hear. just revive it with fastboot or edl. there is a thread
Its cool I had to factory reset but its whatever I was dreading it but it had to be done regardless . I re-rooted, and am back up and running. Who would think restoring a backup would kill your device lol. Anyway . the good news is, I THINK the factory reset resolved the issue. I'm not jumping the gun though , today it didn't happen but well see how it goes.

osomakohj

Jul 25, 2014
Its cool I had to factory reset but its whatever I was dreading it but it had to be done regardless . I re-rooted, and am back up and running. Who would think restoring a backup would kill your device lol. Anyway . the good news is, I THINK the factory reset resolved the issue. I'm not jumping the gun though , today it didn't happen but well see how it goes.
glad you made it. reset and flasing the persist might be the solution. worry free now it won't happen again. btw, what's your android version? how'd you root your phone? did you patch boot img or did you just flash magisk zip?

MajicDroidPirate

Jan 18, 2012
Razer Phone
Razer Phone 2
glad you made it. reset and flasing the persist might be the solution. worry free now it won't happen again. btw, what's your android version? how'd you root your phone? did you patch boot img or did you just flash magisk zip?
😂 I swear you have asked my android version like 50 times lol (I'm exaggerating) but its still the same version in the screenshots. Android 11. Rooting it is simple. Install TWRP, Flash Magisk zip and install the magisk app, that's basically it. I already had TWRP so I didn't have to redo that. All I did was download magisk from top John wu GitHub, it actually did the rest for me. Once I opened it I think it detected TWRP was installed and it just said I have to reboot and vola, but if your doing it from scratch its those 3 things. This time around I didn't even have to flash anything idk. Somehow the magisk app worked like magic. Try to flash TWRP and install magisk and open it and see if the same thing happens or not. It may or may may not. But honestly. There are a ton of guides how to root this phone. Also please don't recommend that persist partition as a solution to my problem for other readers, I cant stress enough how it did NOT fix my problem it only made MORE problems . the only reason its fixed is because of the factory data reset , and for the record that came after I restored my backup and did NOT reflash persist . the only thing that persist **** did was break my fingerprint reader it had 0 effect on my network.

osomakohj

Jul 25, 2014
😂 I swear you have asked my android version like 50 times lol (I'm exaggerating) but its still the same version in the screenshots. Android 11. Rooting it is simple. Install TWRP, Flash Magisk zip and install the magisk app, that's basically it. I already had TWRP so I didn't have to redo that. All I did was download magisk from top John wu GitHub, it actually did the rest for me. Once I opened it I think it detected TWRP was installed and it just said I have to reboot and vola, but if your doing it from scratch its those 3 things. This time around I didn't even have to flash anything idk. Somehow the magisk app worked like magic. Try to flash TWRP and install magisk and open it and see if the same thing happens or not. It may or may may not. But honestly. There are a ton of guides how to root this phone. Also please don't recommend that persist partition as a solution to my problem for other readers, I cant stress enough how it did NOT fix my problem it only made MORE problems . the only reason its fixed is because of the factory data reset , and for the record that came after I restored my backup and did NOT reflash persist . the only thing that persist **** did was break my fingerprint reader it had 0 effect on my network.
thank you. just trying to help. i will backup the entire partition so if anything goes wrong i can restore it.

MajicDroidPirate

Jan 18, 2012
Razer Phone
Razer Phone 2
final question. do you have same version on both slot? or have you ever change?
I only flashed TWRP to slot A. Don't know if that's the right thing to do or not but its what I did and it worked fine. Magisk flashes I THINK automatically to both slots (I could be wrong )
Probably best to ask these in a thread about rooting , far more people would help you there then here , and I cant even be of much help cuz I cheated already having half of it done. And I don't remember much from my first try since it was YEARS ago. I do however remember it was not difficult then or now. Just have everything backed up and worst case scenario you can always factory reset and restore

Top Liked Posts