• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Mobile data not working in Canada (Rogers)

Search This thread

msjern

Dec 1, 2021
I tried to changed APN manually to rogers but still data does not work, only call and text works. Is there a solution to this? I believe i got Pro 2 (cn with global rom installed)

Last edited:

GKSC

Dec 1, 2021

I had the same issue, below is the APN setting on Rogers website, I've found that if you make the following changes, it will connect to 4G data (until you restart your device)

APN Type: replace "internet + mms" with "*"
MVNO: ROGERS
MVNO type: SPN

This will get you connected.
However, I ran into another problem after configuring the network this way. After restarting the device, the phone can no longer detect the SIM card, and has an error message prompting restart).

This is my problem after restarting:

Comparing with other phones, the auto detected APN Type is typically "default", but entering default will cause the connection issue right away. The "*" will allow you to run until device reboot.

I too would like help on how to resolve this. Seems more software than hardware problem since it only fails after boot.

Mobile APN Settings​

Parameter NameParameter Value
APNltemobile.apn
MMSC
MMS Proxymmsproxy.rogers.com
MMS Port80
APN Typeinternet + mms
APN ProtocolIPv4/IPv6
APN Roaming ProtocolIPv4/IPv6
All other settingsBlank/default value

Last edited:
Reactions: msjern

msjern

Dec 1, 2021
@GSKC
I just tried your method looks like it works and as you said it doesn't work after reboot. However when I did "Network setting reset," I was able to connect to 4g again (but resets wifi passwords too). Hopefully there's a solution...

GKSC

Dec 1, 2021
I noticed that this problem only happens if there is a SAVED wifi network WHEN the device BOOT up.

I did a factory reset, then enter the APN manually. I was able to connect to stable network.

I did a system restart, no issue. The phone reconnects to the network automatically after booting.

I connect to a wifi network. The phone still works fine.

I restart the device again, the problem comes back.

If I take out the SIM and only use the Wifi, the phone is also okay.
The only time when it doesn't work is when I have both, which is the normal use case.

Something is happening in the firmware between the wifi and the SIM during the boot sequence.

This problem exists on my Lenovo L70081, Legion Phone Duel 2 Pro, running OS 12.5.188 ST, updated using Rescue and Smart Assistant v5.8.0.25

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

vtec303

I noticed that this problem only happens if there is a SAVED wifi network WHEN the device BOOT up.

I did a factory reset, then enter the APN manually. I was able to connect to stable network.

I did a system restart, no issue. The phone reconnects to the network automatically after booting.

I connect to a wifi network. The phone still works fine.

I restart the device again, the problem comes back.

If I take out the SIM and only use the Wifi, the phone is also okay.
The only time when it doesn't work is when I have both, which is the normal use case.

Something is happening in the firmware between the wifi and the SIM during the boot sequence.

This problem exists on my Lenovo L70081, Legion Phone Duel 2 Pro, running OS 12.5.188 ST, updated using Rescue and Smart Assistant v5.8.0.25

Any help would be appreciated.
Im on the same OS version 12.5.188ST, my phone connected to data absolutely fine with no problems but after every few hours stop making or receiving calls. I did the following and its fine for some time now but I'm not sure whether this will work with every phone but no harm in trying :

settings.....cellular network and sim.....5G mode. By default (at least in my phone) it is on NSA, I first switched to NSA+SA but to no avail, than I switched to SA and vola problem solved, all incoming outgoing calls working bang on but I think now my phone doesn't go on 5g which is still not good but at least making calls as normal. Now, as I said, this procedure might not work for everyone but try it, cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-04-03-46-45-1963482465.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-04-03-46-45-1963482465.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2021-12-04-03-46-49-1347046133.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-04-03-46-49-1347046133.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 12

GKSC

Dec 1, 2021
Im on the same OS version 12.5.188ST, my phone connected to data absolutely fine with no problems but after every few hours stop making or receiving calls. I did the following and its fine for some time now but I'm not sure whether this will work with every phone but no harm in trying :

settings.....cellular network and sim.....5G mode. By default (at least in my phone) it is on NSA, I first switched to NSA+SA but to no avail, than I switched to SA and vola problem solved, all incoming outgoing calls working bang on but I think now my phone doesn't go on 5g which is still not good but at least making calls as normal. Now, as I said, this procedure might not work for everyone but try it, cheers.
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately setting the 5G setting didn’t help. I also tried disabling 5G but I still have the issue.

Was your OS able to read the APN from your SIM or did you have to enter the APN manually also?

vtec303

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately setting the 5G setting didn’t help. I also tried disabling 5G but I still have the issue.

Was your OS able to read the APN from your SIM or did you have to enter the APN manually also?
I didn't mess about with apn, as I said in my earlier post I had no problems using data its always connected but I had problems with making and receiving calls, cheers

GKSC

Dec 1, 2021
There's currently two ROM available on Rescue and Smart Assistant:
L70081_ROW_SECURE_USER_Q00017.0_R_ROW_12.5.188_ST_210819_qpst
L70081_EE_SECURE_USER_Q00017.0_R_ROW_12.5.137_ST_210710_sec_qpst

What's the difference between ROW and EE rom?
Which would work best in Canada and US?

is ROW only updated in Asia and Pacific?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had the same issue, below is the APN setting on Rogers website, I've found that if you make the following changes, it will connect to 4G data (until you restart your device)

APN Type: replace "internet + mms" with "*"
    MVNO: ROGERS
    MVNO type: SPN

This will get you connected.
    However, I ran into another problem after configuring the network this way. After restarting the device, the phone can no longer detect the SIM card, and has an error message prompting restart).

This is my problem after restarting:

Comparing with other phones, the auto detected APN Type is typically "default", but entering default will cause the connection issue right away. The "*" will allow you to run until device reboot.

I too would like help on how to resolve this. Seems more software than hardware problem since it only fails after boot.

Mobile APN Settings​

Parameter NameParameter Value
    APNltemobile.apn
    MMSC
    MMS Proxymmsproxy.rogers.com
    MMS Port80
    APN Typeinternet + mms
    APN ProtocolIPv4/IPv6
    APN Roaming ProtocolIPv4/IPv6
    All other settingsBlank/default value