Mobile Data toggle missing from quick settings panel

Search This thread

FeZ14

Jun 2, 2015
Bloemfontein
Also experiencing the same missing toggles. Am running stock rom and kernel on my G925F - Cell C South Africa.

It happened during the day when I restarted my phone after it charged at work. How can it just 'disappear'?!:confused:

Skhulile

Mar 16, 2013
Bushbuckridge
Also experiencing the same missing toggles. Am running stock rom and kernel on my G925F - Cell C South Africa.

It happened during the day when I restarted my phone after it charged at work. How can it just 'disappear'?!:confused:

I'm on Vodacom-South Africa and have the same issue, Mobile Data, Mobile Hotspot and Private Mode toggles gone, though I'm rooted but everything else is stock

JAYZE

May 16, 2011
missing toggle

same issue here..missing toggle for mobile data and tethering since 6/12/2015..
using sm-g925f international version..
Mobile data toggle was also missing from Mobile Networks tab so im using the one located at Data Usage

Attachments

• IMG_20150613_050816.jpg
    IMG_20150613_050816.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20150613_050841.jpg
    IMG_20150613_050841.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_20150613_050859.jpg
    IMG_20150613_050859.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_20150613_050911.jpg
    IMG_20150613_050911.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 258

Arkayge

Dec 9, 2014
I'm missing several quick settings toggles too.. s6 edge unrooted.. and i was using my mobile data when that occured.. for some reason i lost data connectivity so i toggled it off then on again.. data didn't get enabled so i restarted my phone.. now several toggles are missing..!
and all this ten minutes ago.. india.. :confused::(

hellobye80

Mar 16, 2013
Good. Atleast Samsung has acknowledged the issue. Let's hope the solution is not factory reset :banghead:

Sent using XDA Mobile App

BlackBerry > Lumia 710 > S3 > Nexus 4 > Note 2 > S6 Edge

hellobye80

Mar 16, 2013
Got a call from Samsung support and they want me to reset the device to resolve this issue. :banghead::banghead:

nikctsh

Jan 15, 2011
Just received a reply from Samsung Malaysia...

"
Your question:
Hi, I just noticed that my mobile data toogle, together with a few other quick toogles are missing from quick settings panel. Searched the internet and found that mine is not the only phone having this problem, but a lot other S6 edge from other users experience the same thing, on the same day (today). I''''m pretty confident that this has got something to do with software update bugs, so please don''''t suggest me to reformat my device or send it over to service center. Thank you for your concern.

Counselor answer:
Hi,

Pleasant day to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received your email and noted your concern. We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. With regards to your email, we would like to provide you some self troubleshooting tips that you may try to resolve your issue.

For your information, certain cust facing this issues after they already updated certain of their 3rd party apps from Google Playstore.

Kindly, we suggest you to follow these steps to resolve your issue:

i. Kindly check your full quick settings button by swipe from top until bottom by using your finger. After that, you able to see "EDIT" menu on top of the screen from the right side. Kindly click "EDIT" and you will get the full list of quick settings. You may drag back the icon/shortcut into your shortcut notifications.

ii. Turn On Safe Mode to check whether your device still having the same issues or not if in Safe Mode condition by press long Power Button> Power Off> Turn On device until appear Samsung Logo> While Samsung Logo come out from the screen, immediately press long Volume Down Button until appear Safe Mode into your screen.
For your information, while device in Safe Mode condition, all the 3rd Party Apps disable for use. Only Built-in Apps able to use. Leave your device between 30 minutes until 1 hour in Safe Mode.
Kindly check whether issues still persist or not. If not persist, might be your 3rd Party Apps cause the problem. You can uninstall certain apps that you seldom to use.
To go back to Normal Mode, kindly restart your device.

However Mr/Mrs Nicholas, we do apologize because if the issues still persist, we recommend you to do Factory Data Reset as a last choice options. You can perform Factory Data Reset by go to Settings> Backup and Reset> Factory Data Reset. This method such as reformat back your device.
However, kindly backup all your data inside your device before perform Factory Data Reset:

1) For Contact Number, to perform backup, go to Contacts> Menu Button> Import/Export> Export to Sim Card.
Or else, you may use Gmail Account for backup contact by go to Settings> Backup and Reset> Tick Auto-Backup and tick also Automatic Restore. You may check back contacts from your Gmail under Contacts section.

2) For Pictures, you can transfer to PC/laptop or you may open your Gallery Album> Select Album> click "Share" via> you can choose whether you would like to transfer to your Gmail; Email, Evernote; Facebook; Google+, Dropbox; and etc.

3) For 3rd Party Apps that you already installed from Google Playstore, kindly uninstall and re-install back the apps.

4) Lastly, you can use Samsung Smart Switch to backup your data however it just backup built-in apps only. Kindly refer the link given below for more information,
http://www.samsung.com/my/support/smartswitch/

If the issues still persist, we would appreciate if you could carry in your device to our nearest Samsung Service Center together with your purchase receipt for the technician to check on your device. Kindly visit the link given below for further information on Samsung Service Center locations,
http://www.samsung.com/my/support/servicelocation/

i) Put your current location for example "Selangor"
ii) Put your product category
iii) Choose Mobile Phone
iv) Scroll down slowly and kindly click "Check all"
v) Click "Find Service Centre"
vi) Click 50km below Search Logo
vii) Click Search Logo

The list of nearby Service Center will show below.
Please take note you will have to backup all your important data's from your mobile phone into your PC or laptop before carry in your device to our Samsung Service Centre.

We do apologize in all inconvenience cause that you already facing. We do understand your frustration however the last choice are Factory Data Reset or walk-in to our Service Centre.

We are most grateful for your support and do appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us.

Thank you for contacting Samsung Malaysia.
"

... this sucks! I didn't even update my playstore and samsung apps recently, why would I need to factory reset my device when some "time bomb" is obviously happening here!?

ozaghloul

Mar 24, 2011
Amsterdam
So apparently this is some built in feature within lollipop of expiring quick setting toggles you don't use after 30 days. Coincidentally i've had my phone for about 30 days. I guess most people here had their phone around the same time, which is why you are now experiencing this problem. Stupid programming, stupid features, not enough user control!!! I hope there is a non-root solution for all us unrooted folk.

Check out this crap:
Source: ( http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/11/u...-5-0-lollipop/ )

Unused tiles will automatically disappear from Quick Settings in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Google has given Quick Settings a major revamp with Android 5.0 Lollipop and filled it with useful toggles that people actually use in day-to-day life. One neat little feature that the company has added in Lollipop for Quick Settings is that unused items will automatically disappear after a certain time.

For example, if you don’t use W-Fi hotspot quick tile in Lollipop for a certain amount of time, it will automatically disappear. Similarly, if you frequently use an option from the Settings menu, it will automagically appear as a tile in Quick Settings.

However, Google does not provide a way to bring back a toggle that is removed, or remove one that comes up automatically.

As pointed out on Reddit by user eak125 though, you can fast forward, or go back a month or two in time to remove any unwanted toggles. To remove an unused toggle, simply head over to Settings -> Date & Time and change the date to a month from now. The unused quick tile will then automatically disappear. Do note though that the default toggles in Lollipop will always be present no matter what.
There is also another way to reset the Quick Settings tile using ADB, but the process is more cumbersome than the one pointed out by eak125.

Considering how limited quick settings was in KitKat, it is nice to see that Google has added such thoughtful new features to it in Lollipop to enhance its usability.

hellobye80

Mar 16, 2013
So apparently this is some built in feature within lollipop of expiring quick setting toggles you don't use after 30 days. Coincidentally i've had my phone for about 30 days. I guess most people here had their phone around the same time, which is why you are now experiencing this problem. Stupid programming, stupid features, not enough user control!!! I hope there is a non-root solution for all us unrooted folk.

Check out this crap:
Source: ( http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/11/u...-5-0-lollipop/ )

Unused tiles will automatically disappear from Quick Settings in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Google has given Quick Settings a major revamp with Android 5.0 Lollipop and filled it with useful toggles that people actually use in day-to-day life. One neat little feature that the company has added in Lollipop for Quick Settings is that unused items will automatically disappear after a certain time.

For example, if you don’t use W-Fi hotspot quick tile in Lollipop for a certain amount of time, it will automatically disappear. Similarly, if you frequently use an option from the Settings menu, it will automagically appear as a tile in Quick Settings.

However, Google does not provide a way to bring back a toggle that is removed, or remove one that comes up automatically.

As pointed out on Reddit by user eak125 though, you can fast forward, or go back a month or two in time to remove any unwanted toggles. To remove an unused toggle, simply head over to Settings -> Date & Time and change the date to a month from now. The unused quick tile will then automatically disappear. Do note though that the default toggles in Lollipop will always be present no matter what.
There is also another way to reset the Quick Settings tile using ADB, but the process is more cumbersome than the one pointed out by eak125.

Considering how limited quick settings was in KitKat, it is nice to see that Google has added such thoughtful new features to it in Lollipop to enhance its usability.

I don't think this is causing issue. I toggle mobile data couple of times in a day.

thunderising

Aug 20, 2012
Manipal
www.techenclave.com
WTF man I mean WTF, just noticed that same happened to my phone!

I thought there was something wrong with me as I was too stoned on Friday. But then, I thought WTF, how can I make the mobile data toggle disappear from my phone? I'm not a magician.

Anyways, Samsung acknowledges the issue, and there's a temporary workaround as well - http://bit.ly/s6-data-toggle

Zer0xone

Aug 5, 2015
Problem Fixed

My mobile data tab is missing from quick settings panel. No update was done. Any one else facing same issue? What's the solution now?

There's an app on google play called "QuickPanel Manager" published by Xperiacle Apps allows us to show or hide toggles from Quick Panel including some toggles of Functions that some version of s6 doesn't really have(e.g. Floating Message),no root needed. I don't know how, but I'm assuming that you don't need root access to edit the file that controls the visibility of these toggles.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone