Mobile data toggle?

Search This thread

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
Mobile Data on/off toggle is missing in the quick toggles when we pull down the statusbar. I want it back. Anyways to do that?

Attachments

• 1457910064486.jpg
    1457910064486.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 9,117

MrDaggs

Mar 30, 2012
Clinton, IN
+1 This for sure. I pre-ordered my S7 Edge and I love this phone, but what blew me away was when I noticed this right off the bat after walking out of the AT&T store. I tried to turn off my data to save on my plan unless I absolutely needed it, and the toggle is nowhere to be found. I switched from a Galaxy S4 Active SHV-E470S and the toggle was always there even after the OTA update. This phone is brand new. WTF Samsung?

One thing I did notice is that the "Usage Manager" app that is pre-installed from AT&T has a data toggle built into it that turns off the data, but it seems more like a modified application to work with the phone rather than a system toggle that could be linked somewhere. Very odd.

Anyone with an answer or any ideas on this, your help is tremendously appreciated!

EDIT:
Here's a screenshot of the AT&T Usage Manager app I mentioned earlier, not sure it will be of much help but we have to start somewhere.

image hosting free

Last edited:

jhun80

May 27, 2008
Same here no mobile data toggle option. Also with my s6 before, i tried the Quick Panel Restore app on galaxy app store, and it works. But i couldn't fine it anymore.

MrDaggs

Mar 30, 2012
Clinton, IN
@sindre2104 what is your carrier? And when you click the edit option in the toggles panel, does it give you the option to add or remove that toggle? That's very odd, half of us seem to have no toggle while you and likely a few others do have it. So the S7 Edge does have the data toggle ability.

The question now is, how do the rest of us without that toggle enable it?

Last edited:

Mattie143

Mar 14, 2016
Summerville
I have an AT&T S7 Edge, no mobile data toggle. I've tried the quick toggle restore, and the quick toggle manager. I don't believe they work on Android M.

MrDaggs

Mar 30, 2012
Clinton, IN
That's strange. Well, I guess for the time being everyone on AT&T will have to stick with the "Usage Manager" app to be able to somewhat quickly toggle mobile data, without digging in the settings app. Talk about an inconvenient change, I haven't the slightest idea why they thought it would be a good idea to remove it.

Who knows though, maybe there will be an update or patch for it soon, or a compatible app that can fix the issue. It's such a common feature, removing it was a horrible idea.

Anyone else having this issue outside of AT&T?

Last edited:

MrDaggs

Mar 30, 2012
Clinton, IN
So it seems to be mainly a U.S. issue, I'm guessing (though @mathrania is in India and has the same issue). @sindre2104 showed that he can use the toggle right out of the box, but his carrier is Telenor from Norway.

I'm also noticing a lot of subtle but noticeable differences in each device screenshot presented, for instance my device says "flashlight" rather than "torch" in the toggle window, among other things.

I simply can't figure out why they would remove the feature in certain countries while leaving it there in others. There's no viable explanation for it :confused:

I just emailed Xperiacle Apps about this, they're the developers of the patch app released to fix a nearly identical issue that was present in the Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge models called "QuickPanel Manager". The app is $1.48 in the Play Store, linked below:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xpe.app.quicksettings.manager&hl=en

As for the official Samsung "QuickPanel Restore" app released for the S6 and S6 Edge here, I'm going to take the risk and see if it can work on the S7. If not, it's back to the drawing board from there.

AT&T removed it, it's not Samsung's fault.

How do you know?

EDIT:
@tool2269 do you have an app similar to AT&T's "Usage Manager" app installed to toggle your data as well?

Last edited:

tool2269

Nov 28, 2007
So it seems to be mainly a U.S. issue, I'm guessing (though @mathrania is in India and has the same issue). @sindre2104 showed that he can use the toggle right out of the box, but his carrier is Telenor from Norway.

I'm also noticing a lot of subtle but noticeable differences in each device screenshot presented, for instance my device says "flashlight" rather than "torch" in the toggle window, among other things.

I simply can't figure out why they would remove the feature in certain countries while leaving it there in others. There's no viable explanation for it :confused:

How do you know?

EDIT:
@tool2269 do you have an app similar to AT&T's "Usage Manager" app installed to toggle your data as well?

No usage app. I have to go to settings/data usage/ to turn off mobile data.
EDIT: I do have a similar app under Settings/Smart manager. That shows battery, storage, and ram usage.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrDaggs

MrDaggs

Mar 30, 2012
Clinton, IN
Downloaded the official QuickPanel Restore APK file from the XDA thread and installed it. Lookout registered it as "riskware" so I had to temporarily disable security and unknown sources before the install. It looks nothing like it does on the S6 and S6 Edge, it was just a plain button in the middle of the screen. When tapped it brought up a toast notification that read "no toggles to restore". I checked my toggle window and nothing changed. Seems like we'll have to dig deeper on this one.

Hopefully Samsung releases a similar app for the S7 and S7 Edge to patch the removal of this and other toggles. I'm out of ideas for the moment.

It seems that both the S6 and S7 international versions have the data toggles enabled out of the box. Maybe the software really is engineered this way for the carrier-specific models alone, though I don't know why. I'll post back if I find out anything new, but it's starting to look like they designed it this way intentionally.

Last edited:

mklass

Apr 3, 2010
I've got the toggle on exynos version purchased direct from Samsung.

Sneaky move is carriers have removed the option from quick settings.

toofimoofi

Sep 22, 2013
Using international version. Toggle is right here :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160314-115717.jpg
    Screenshot_20160314-115717.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,679

blank_switch

Mar 14, 2016
Using the Canadian S7 Edge (bought from Samsung store but simlocked to Fido) and no toggle. I hope they make an app that lets us restore it soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I had the same problem with Mobile Data toggle went missing when I switched CSC. I have a Superman rom on my S7 SM-G930W8 and I decided to switch to a Canadian CSC XAC. In doing so I lost the Mobile Data toggle, so I knew it was a CSC (region specific) issue.

Anyway, If you have root you can fix this. I was tinkering last night and downloaded CSC Features Expert from the playsotre by Wanam. It's Free. I used the app to see what CSC specific variables I can change and came across "Config Def Quick Setting Item" variable with a list of all the quick setting toggles. So added the word ",MobileData" REMEMBER THE COMMA! at the end of the list and got my toggle back.

Hope that helps everyone.
    Mobile Data on/off toggle is missing in the quick toggles when we pull down the statusbar. I want it back. Anyways to do that?
    That's weird, I have my data toggle switch right here. Been there since I got the phone.
    http://imgur.com/08wb0xl
    Which line do I have to look for?
    I've been digging and I can't find anything
    You need to edit the others.xml file in System/CSC on your device. When you open the others.xml you will see the csc code. Edit the line that says ConfigDefQuickSettingItem and add MobileData on the end. After editing make sure to set permissions if they changed to 644. I used root explorer to do all this. After editing the CSC go into settings, general then reset settings on your device. When it reboots go to edit the quick setting icons and the Mobile Data Icon will be there.

Quote:
    Wif i,Location,SilentMode,RotationLock,Bluetooth,WifiC alling,PowerSaving,AirplaneMode,Performance,Flashl ight,Nfc,Sync,BlueLightFilter,Aod,AllShareCast,Per sonalMode,DeviceVisibility,DormantMode,UltraPowerS aving,MobileData

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately now the toggle settings are overwritten by CSC. However if you have root, you can get the Mobile Data Toggle back and it works :)
    Tested on Canadian(Rogers).