• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

MobiTV B.S.

Search This thread

cx1

Aug 14, 2007
Over the weekend I received a text from Tmobile stating I changed my account, If this was in error please contact us. Monday I looked at my account and find a $9.99 "Premium charge". with no explanation of what it is.

After a call to customer service it is explained to me I added MobiTV service to my account. Well, there is a problem with that statement. I do not even have MobiTV on the ROM I am using. I never even accessed the app once on the stock ROM

I was able to block this application from charging me in the future but this is total B.S. that I was charged in the first place.

Be on the lookout....................:mad:

kwambewright

Dec 27, 2008
Columbia, SC
i too have had a problem with them, got charged 7 times in one day for 9.99 a piece then the next again for 9.99. this for a monthly service fee?! i also never used or had that service or program on a rom

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
i too have had a problem with them, got charged 7 times in one day for 9.99 a piece then the next again for 9.99. this for a monthly service fee?! i also never used or had that service or program on a rom

yes, MobiTV is a monthly-fee type service, the app is baked in to the Tmo US ROM. The first time you run it and connect, the app notifies you that you get a 30-day free trial and then you just get charged $9.99/mo after that, automatically. At least, that's how it's supposed to work...but judging from these posts, and the fact I haven't been charged yet even though it's been more than 30 days for me, I would guess that there's obviously some backend issues with how this is playing out in the real world ;)

iBustCh3rries

Jan 6, 2010
I just actually checked my bill for this before I read this message. I'm on hold with them now. my bill is already $219 I don't need to give them an extra 10 bucks :mad:

rlee008

Jul 7, 2009
Miami, FL
i had the mobitv service running when i first got my HD2 but was very conscience of their fee and canceled on the 29th day without getting billed the $9.99 m/charge. they suck anyways... 99% of the content they offer is 4 minute videos or less... i can go on the web and find the same videos for free... in their entirety too... maybe if it was $9.99 a year, but a month, please...

but run the app just once & the 30 day counter begins... all HD2 (with stock tmo roms, 2.10/2.13) come with it installed so to say u didn't even have the app is bull and maybe u didn't run it but a friend of yours did, so they can watch tv, let's face it. we all wish we can watch live tv on our phones but we can't and we're limited to dumb apps like "mobitv"

rlee

Last edited:

ramsyst

May 17, 2010
There is a solution!

To stop them charging you, you to unsubscribe from MobTv.

1. Load MobTv app
2. Click on Menu and choose option
3. Select Subscribe and Click on the $9.99 subscription
4. A window will pop and you will see UNSUBSCRIBE
5. Select it and you done.

Hope it helps!;)