[MOD][07.26.11]Power to Search Button or Camera to Search[All AOSP and TW blds]

Search This thread

chopper the dog

Oct 17, 2008
The blood bath known as Chicago IL.
With inspiration from thadedudebutch regarding this THREAD. I used to use "screen off" app to put device asleep with DI01. But something in DJ05 broke it. But figured out that "POWER" is an acceptable command within the KL file. Tap of search button turns device to standby (with no 5 sec delay like all of the apps on the market) and long press of search button brings up power shut down options. Flash via cwm. If you don't like it flash the revert file below.

This works with DJ05/DL09 and should be no problem with DI01.
*Edit* This has been confirmed to work with ED01 and all roms (froyo)
*Edit* Edify zips Added. And don't forget edify zips can be used with CWM2.5 and 3.
*Edit* Added seperate versions of this mod for aosp builds (aosp, CM7, MIUI, OMGB, and OMFGB)
And this can only be used for shutting down or putting device to sleep. The search button will not wake device up.
And this is meant for the Verizon Fascinate. Others may try at their own risk. I accept no responsibility mistakes or borked devices.

*Bonus for comm rom 1.3 users in the quote*
btw, the power remap will also take pictures with the search button... i guess cuz the comm rom has the power button mapped for camera function. anyway thought that was pretty cool

*Edit* Had someone in irc request for the Camera to be opened from the search button. Updated thatdudebutch's mod from here to edify zip. The search key can be used to open the camera and also be used as a shutter button (long press to focus and release to shoot) or simply just push the search to snap picture. And once again use revert file from below to undo changes.

*AOSP Note* Since this mod mirrors the the command of the power button it may or may not work as a shutter button depending upon the features and or settings of the camera apk for that build.

*****You only have the choice of camera or power. They can't be used together.
*****Zips are intended to be installed with proper recovery.
Use edify.zip for Touch Wiz based roms.
Use AOSP.zip for (CM7, MIUI, AOSP, OMFGB, and OMGB)

Thanks, thatdudebutch for getting the gears turnin' in the old noggin.
Thanks, zantopad for DL09 testing and confirmation.
Thanks, LOLFests for the hours of sweaty t-shirtless testings and confirmation of edify zips.
Thanks, to Me for testing edify zips with CWM2.5 :p
Thanks to dw77x an InPocket for AOSP build testings.

good day.

Attachments

• PowerToSerachEdify.zip
    160.5 KB · Views: 107
  • CameraToSearchEdify.zip
    160.5 KB · Views: 137
  • RevertBackToSearchEdify.zip
    160.5 KB · Views: 92
  • PowerToSearchAOSP.zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 44
  • CameraToSearchAOSP.zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 42
  • RevertBackToSearchAOSP.zip
    128.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

kylesag21

Oct 25, 2010
Rancho
Well guys im running the comm rom 1.3 with the crysis theme. but when I flash the edify version it does not convert my search key into the power key. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

djlim4

Jan 13, 2011
Awesome, thank you, I love this mod... Can't live w/o it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

chopper the dog

Oct 17, 2008
Well guys im running the comm rom 1.3 with the crysis theme. but when I flash the edify version it does not convert my search key into the power key. Any ideas?

Hmmm, Had a number of people test it running cwm3 in irc with no issues.
Edify one wont download more then 74% for me

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Having no issues on a pc. Could be the xda app.

***Also added option for Camera in OP.

good day.

djlim4

Jan 13, 2011
i'm running comm rom 1.3 with crysis theme and i flashed this with no problems. Downloaded through tapatalk.

btw, the power remap will also take pictures with the search button... i guess cuz the comm rom has the power button mapped for camera function. anyway thought that was pretty cool

Last edited:

calebv2

Feb 27, 2010
Just wondering I think button remapper for galaxy s.does the same thing right

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

chopper the dog

Oct 17, 2008
Just wondering I think button remapper for galaxy s.does the same thing right

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
It appears to at a small price :D. App Here. I guess for someone looking for some deeper modifications they can go that route. But this is just something I've always incorporated in my own private roms and if others like having just the mod without a having a paid app running than this is the way to go ;).

good day.

Bob-o

Nov 14, 2010
Which one do I use to hit search button to sleep? Little confused. What is the camera one for? Call me stoopid, but I didn't understand which is one. I know the revert puts it back to normal.

chopper the dog

Oct 17, 2008
Which one do I use to hit search button to sleep? Little confused. What is the camera one for? Call me stoopid, but I didn't understand which is one. I know the revert puts it back to normal.

PowerRemap = Power control gets mapped to search button controlled as indicated in op.
CameraRemap = Maps camera.apk to search button for quick execution of opening camera.

good day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With inspiration from thadedudebutch regarding this THREAD. I used to use "screen off" app to put device asleep with DI01. But something in DJ05 broke it. But figured out that "POWER" is an acceptable command within the KL file. Tap of search button turns device to standby (with no 5 sec delay like all of the apps on the market) and long press of search button brings up power shut down options. Flash via cwm. If you don't like it flash the revert file below.

This works with DJ05/DL09 and should be no problem with DI01.
    *Edit* This has been confirmed to work with ED01 and all roms (froyo)
    *Edit* Edify zips Added. And don't forget edify zips can be used with CWM2.5 and 3.
    *Edit* Added seperate versions of this mod for aosp builds (aosp, CM7, MIUI, OMGB, and OMFGB)
    And this can only be used for shutting down or putting device to sleep. The search button will not wake device up.
    And this is meant for the Verizon Fascinate. Others may try at their own risk. I accept no responsibility mistakes or borked devices.

*Bonus for comm rom 1.3 users in the quote*

*Edit* Had someone in irc request for the Camera to be opened from the search button. Updated thatdudebutch's mod from here to edify zip. The search key can be used to open the camera and also be used as a shutter button (long press to focus and release to shoot) or simply just push the search to snap picture. And once again use revert file from below to undo changes.

*AOSP Note* Since this mod mirrors the the command of the power button it may or may not work as a shutter button depending upon the features and or settings of the camera apk for that build.

*****You only have the choice of camera or power. They can't be used together.
    *****Zips are intended to be installed with proper recovery.
    Use edify.zip for Touch Wiz based roms.
    Use AOSP.zip for (CM7, MIUI, AOSP, OMFGB, and OMGB)

Thanks, thatdudebutch for getting the gears turnin' in the old noggin.
    Thanks, zantopad for DL09 testing and confirmation.
    Thanks, LOLFests for the hours of sweaty t-shirtless testings and confirmation of edify zips.
    Thanks, to Me for testing edify zips with CWM2.5 :p
    Thanks to dw77x an InPocket for AOSP build testings.

good day.
    OP updated with edify scripts. I'm touched that someone actually cares for this mod like I do.

good day.
    Thanks for the reply, I was actually referring to the power to search remap.
    Wanna give this a shot? Flash in recovery.

good day.