[MOD] [08FEB16] Stock Modified Bootanimations and SplashScreens (More on Request)

Search This thread

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
Hey, thanks for implementing this.
I would actually suggest creating a stationary(no animation) custom boot animation, only displaying the letters htc to work with the dot view.
The dots on the case make it so that when the Text moves and becomes small, its just a white dot on the case. Also, I would suggest no smudging/blending/gradient to the letters for htc. It should be hard stop pixels from the green to black. The blending effect doesn't show on the dotview case. Perhaps I can upload how it looks soon. Sorry for the long delay in reply.

Thanks again <3

Everything seems fine until it transitions to the "One logo".
I'll just attach a bootanimation.zip here with the one image and you can push it to the required directory with the sufficient permissions.
Check if that works for you. I can't really remove the smudging or anything (I'm on my phone and not at my work station).

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    193.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Reactions: lu_peng2

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
@lu_peng2
Added ElementalX Earth splashscreen for the M9 (credit to @iElvis for creating the splashscreen on the M7!)

Preview:
cx78ri1lali93aazg.jpg

Thanks for porting this, just too damn busy for this stuff now. :eek:

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
Only if you're up for it, otherwise, np posting them here.

I'll see what I can do. This thread is getting a little messy (was thinking to just make an all in one aroma package, or host the files somewhere else). Might as well make a new one and use the layout you made.

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
@lu_peng2
Added all Digital Rain Matrix bootanimations (click on title under previews to access download)

credit to @Crackanug for creating this on the M7.

Could not attach the files as they are too big. I used mediafire, tell me if this host doesn't suit you, I'll try upload to a more convenient place (albeit, I'll have to make an account -_-).

Last edited:

lu_peng2

Jun 19, 2007
shanghai
@lu_peng2
Added all Digital Rain Matrix bootanimations (click on title under previews to access download)

credit to @Crackanug for creating this on the M7.

Could not attach the files as they are too big. I used mediafire, tell me if this host doesn't suit you, I'll try upload to a more convenient place (albeit, I'll have to make an account -_-).

mediafire it's ok thanks, u even give the choice of all colors!! amazing!!

Presto2601

Mar 7, 2016
Installation Instructions for flashing splashscreens:
  1. Make sure you have fastboot and adb drivers installed on your computer.
  2. Make sure your device is S-OFF (if it isn't, you cannot flash splashscreens)
  3. Download desired splashscreen from the attachments below.
  4. Save the splash.zip file in your fastboot folder (rename it to splash.zip so no errors).
  5. Reboot your device into fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
  6. Run the following commands:
    • fastboot oem rebootRUU
    • fastboot flash zip splashfilename.zip
    • fastboot reboot
  7. Enjoy your new splashscreen!

If for some reason you're not able to flash the splashscreen, check the androidinfo.txt in the zip file to check if your CID is there (or just get superCID)

Previews:

M9 Iron Man Edition SplashScreen:

q126w2pceyy7y78zg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash (with green logo):

v6ykjjthvi0cawczg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash with light Blue logo:

89i53z0s06j5auezg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash (with inverted logo):

4kvk1u99r86x99vzg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash with Red logo:

dnqzdffkw9kcn26zg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash with Dark Blue logo:

2lrz4kyqyassud7zg.jpg

HTC One M7 Stock Inverted Splash:

ls026xwxxjrsfrwzg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash with White logo:

qias8v3y8182bi1zg.jpg

M9 Google Edition Splashscreen:

ek5n6311qsek50kzg.jpg

M9 Chicago Clubs Splashscreen:

bjkbdld0d7va570zg.jpg

M9 "ElementalX Earth" Splashscreen (created by @iElvis on the HTC One M7):

cx78ri1lali93aazg.jpg

Sorry for this NOOB question: I tried to use one of your splash screens but I got an error during install. I then realized that my MID is 0PJA30000. Can I just change your original android-info.txt file or do I need to change my MID to 0PJA10000?

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
Sorry for this NOOB question: I tried to use one of your splash screens but I got an error during install. I then realized that my MID is 0PJA30000. Can I just change your original android-info.txt file or do I need to change my MID to 0PJA10000?

Just add/change your MID in the Android-info.txt file. It should work after that.

Reactions: Presto2601

camparks

Oct 20, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro

Just add/change your MID in the Android-info.txt file. It should work after that.
Possible to get the splash screens to work on the HTC 10? Figured I would shoot from the hip and try, but it errors out. I modified the text for my CID(VZW__001) and fw(1.19.605.22), but no luck. Dialog below:

(bootloader) HOSD CL#749324
(bootloader) ERR Model ID not matched
(bootloader) ERR [SD_UPDATE_ERR] MODEL ID NOT ALLOWED
(bootloader) ERR [SD_UPDATE_ERR] sddownload failed: 10
(bootloader) ERR Update zip file failed.
(bootloader) Update zip file OK
(bootloader) ERR ZIP ERROR CODE, 10
(bootloader) [email protected]
FAILED (remote: 10 RU_MODELID_FAIL modelid in android-info mismatched )

There something else in the text file I need to modify? Will this even work? I reaallllly would like to rid of the blinding white splash screen for evening tinkering. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Oops, misread the adb error as CID. Looks like my MID didn't stick(2PS650000) when I saved the file the first time before going back and changing CID and FW numbers. Fixed that and got it flash, but the splash image is messed up. It ended up splitting the screen with stock splash, with it at the top half and the stock white at the bottom half. The new splash is also glitched/ghosted mutliple times horizontally across that top half. Needs a resolution change to work?

Last edited:

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
Possible to get the splash screens to work on the HTC 10? Figured I would shoot from the hip and try, but it errors out. I modified the text for my CID(VZW__001) and fw(1.19.605.22), but no luck. Dialog below:

(bootloader) HOSD CL#749324
(bootloader) ERR Model ID not matched
(bootloader) ERR [SD_UPDATE_ERR] MODEL ID NOT ALLOWED
(bootloader) ERR [SD_UPDATE_ERR] sddownload failed: 10
(bootloader) ERR Update zip file failed.
(bootloader) Update zip file OK
(bootloader) ERR ZIP ERROR CODE, 10
(bootloader) [email protected]
FAILED (remote: 10 RU_MODELID_FAIL modelid in android-info mismatched )

There something else in the text file I need to modify? Will this even work? I reaallllly would like to rid of the blinding white splash screen for evening tinkering. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Oops, misread the adb error as CID. Looks like my MID didn't stick(2PS650000) when I saved the file the first time before going back and changing CID and FW numbers. Fixed that and got it flash, but the splash image is messed up. It ended up splitting the screen with stock splash, with it at the top half and the stock white at the bottom half. The new splash is also glitched/ghosted mutliple times horizontally across that top half. Needs a resolution change to work?

Since the HTC 10 has a different screen resolution, the animations and splashscreens have to be re-made (and since I don't own the 10, I don't think I can do anything without testing). You can however get the source image and stretch it to 2k resolution, which is easily done for the splash screen but not the bootanimations since they have too many images. Only problem with that would be the pixelation.

Pls resize the htc 10 stock bootanimation to 1080p. I think it's too big for our phone. Thanks

Sure thing. I'll try to get that done within a few days.

5c32b5d32f0f1ad7b9681cd85c06a84f.jpg

Could someone be so nice to make this image into a splash screen, just the blue image on a black background.

Thank you

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Check your PM (one problem is that the image you provided is low res, so you'll see some pixelation).

Last edited:

Tommydorns

Jan 19, 2008
@HussainQ Hey, was wondering if you could do the HTC 10 boot animation with black and white instead of black and green in HTC One M9 resolution. Black background with white letters and white animations and stuff. no green. Thank you.

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
@HussainQ Hey, was wondering if you could do the HTC 10 boot animation with black and white instead of black and green in HTC One M9 resolution. Black background with white letters and white animations and stuff. no green. Thank you.

how to i add my name to the splash screen? i love the stock inverted with red but wish to include my name at the base.
First of all, I'm completely sorry for not updating this forum much. I have actually dropped the development of these since I have changed devices and no longer work with the M9 (or anything else for that matter).

it does not work with Slim7 rom on htc one m9 himaul

Since I haven't been around for a while, things may have changed. If you are talking about the bootanimations, check where the animations are stored on your device since you are using an AOSP based ROM (it's usually in a different location than where HTC puts them). Once you do, extract the animations from my zip, and use a root enabled explorer to copy them there, and make sure to set the permissions properly.
Hope this helps :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys. I'm back with this little project.

I've inverted the stock bootanimation and downanimation of the One M9 (for those who prefer the dark background to white).
    Recommended to use on ViperOneM9 with a dark theme. Just so it fits in.

I will do more upon request (but it might take some time I guess it doesn't take too much time).

Installation instructions for boot/down animations in next post.
    Installation instructions and downloads for splash screens in Post#4.

Use files attached in this post and post#4.

Code:
    DISCLAIMER: I do not take responsibility for the following:
    [LIST]
    [*]Bricking your device
    [*]Frying your device
    [*]Destroying your device
    [*]A nuclear war caused by your device
    [*]If an alarm doesn't go off and you're late for work
    [*]If warranty services denies your warranty.
    [/LIST]

Special thanks:
    • @iElvis for helping with the splash screens.
    • @predator1584 for providing the tools and guide to make a splashscreen.
    • @Basil3 for allowing me to use his files as a base.
    Installation Instructions for flashing Boot & Down animations:

1. Download desired animations from the attachments in post above.
    2. Reboot to recovery (TWRP preferred).
    3. Flash the zip file.
    4. Reboot and enjoy.

If flashing the file does not work, then extract the files from the flashable zip and manually push them to \system\customize\resource\ with permissions 0644 or rw-r--r-- using root explorer (or any other root browser).
    If that doesn't work either, then check what your original boot&down animations are called and where they are.
    Previews

Iron Man EDITION w/ Red HTC Logo:

xzev_T.gif
    hBWcm4.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

Stock with black background:

rAZw8B.gif
    YDHPgG.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

Stock Inverted:

swECE1.gif
    i5J221.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

Stock Inverted with light Blue logo:

BkzbTT.gif
    x3KXBe.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

HTC One M7 inverted (for those of you feeling nostalgic):

bn6U53.gif
    aK7wWf.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

Stock Inverted with Red logo:

mAUiuH.gif
    cTUJsj.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

Stock Inverted with Dark Blue logo:

gZ1Uko.gif
    c1Jl_2.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

Stock Inverted T-Mobile Bootanimation (only):

GfVxAt.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

Stock Inverted with White logo:

uhPdiG.gif
    RxjqLm.gif

Downanimation
    Bootanimaton

Stock bootanimation with black background for dotview case:

r5xc7T.gif

Bootanimation

Digital Rain "Matrix" Bootanimation - created by @Crackanug

Installation Instructions for flashing splashscreens:
    1. Make sure you have fastboot and adb drivers installed on your computer.
    2. Make sure your device is S-OFF (if it isn't, you cannot flash splashscreens)
    3. Download desired splashscreen from the attachments below.
    4. Save the splash.zip file in your fastboot folder (rename it to splash.zip so no errors).
    5. Reboot your device into fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
    6. Run the following commands:
      • fastboot oem rebootRUU
      • fastboot flash zip splashfilename.zip
      • fastboot reboot
    7. Enjoy your new splashscreen!

If for some reason you're not able to flash the splashscreen, check the androidinfo.txt in the zip file to check if your CID is there (or just get superCID)

Previews:

M9 Iron Man Edition SplashScreen:

q126w2pceyy7y78zg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash (with green logo):

v6ykjjthvi0cawczg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash with light Blue logo:

89i53z0s06j5auezg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash (with inverted logo):

4kvk1u99r86x99vzg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash with Red logo:

dnqzdffkw9kcn26zg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash with Dark Blue logo:

2lrz4kyqyassud7zg.jpg

HTC One M7 Stock Inverted Splash:

ls026xwxxjrsfrwzg.jpg

M9 Stock Inverted Splash with White logo:

qias8v3y8182bi1zg.jpg

M9 Google Edition Splashscreen:

ek5n6311qsek50kzg.jpg

M9 Chicago Clubs Splashscreen:

bjkbdld0d7va570zg.jpg

M9 "ElementalX Earth" Splashscreen (created by @iElvis on the HTC One M7):

cx78ri1lali93aazg.jpg
    Please remove step 4, even if it's optional. It is absolutely not needed, ever, for this purpose.
    There are many people here that would do that just because they are not sure how this works, so they will wait 10 to 20 minutes or even more for nothing.
    Thanks! :)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yeah you're right. I usually wait around 15 minutes to 'optimise' 400 apps :)

It's possible to get inverted splash animation? @HussainQ

Like I mentioned earlier, I won't be able to make any modifications to splash screens since I don't have S-OFF (Unless ofcourse someone's willing to donate a Sunshine key wink-wink --> Just kidding).
    I can certainly try, but I don't want to be responsible for anything that goes wrong.
    Also there's some new sort of protection on the splash partitions so traditional methods (that I know of) won't work on S-OFF.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone