[Mod] |1/18/13|#Fapple JB VER 2 *the streets are safe edition*{MOD}

Search This thread

steal25

Inactive Recognized Developer
fapple1.png

First off thanks to il Duce for helping out with this and pushing me to get it done!

Ive been working at getting this done on and off for awhile now and finally found all the proper edits to feel comfortable releasing it. what the zip posted below will do is bring back all the "complete action using" menus and remove the app association menu in settings.

Whats included:
Browser.apk
Mail.apk
Mms
Calendar.apk
Settings.apk
framework.jar
HTCextension.jar
Settings.jar
Build.prop editor for adding the proper entries to build.prop

Changelog

Version one
initial release

version two
added mms.apk

version three
added the correct calendar apk
fixed fc in mail (reply/reply all (thanks mikeyxda))
added a seperate zip that incorporates zepplinrox multitasking mod

version four
in framework jar fixed when rebooting if you havent choosen a default in mail it would automatically
default to stock mail and not give you the choice.(thank mikeyxda)
updated the multi zip to test 8. I know zepplinrox said in his thread services werent needed for this mod,
I spoke to him last night and there are edits that he had missed while looking through these services. services are needed for this mod.

version five
fix default persisting on reboot
calendar works properly
everything is how it should be (the right way)

version six
fixed calendar weblinks going to dialer
added script to seek out previous ro.da entries in build.prop and change those rather then add additional entries thanks Vinchenzop and smw6180
Also add a Viper 4g compatible Fapple zip ported to viper 4g files byVinchenzop

FINAL
fixed Email links in Mms

JB Version one
initial release updated to 3.15.651.16 RUU

JB Version two
Fixed an issue with having to clear defaults after each reboot.

2012-10-20122855.png
2012-10-20123916.png
2012-10-20211940.png
2012-10-20131046.png

2012-10-20124128.png
fapple1.jpg
2012-12-03201942.png

*********please note the above screenies reflect this mod on ICS the options boxes look a bit different on JB. I'll get updated screens when i have time.**********

IF YOU CLICK A LINK AND DONT GET A MENU POPUP JUST CLEAR DEFAULTS FOR IT IN SETTING/APPS
il Duce and myself have tested everything included in the zip and it all works 100%​

issues:
all links work in mail except web links this is due to HTC removing the "highlight" and "underline code"
PLEASE back up before flashing this could send your phone into bootloops with some roms, for those roms that it does loop on the rom dev will need to port to that rom.

if you flash this and it works/doesnt work please post which rom you've tried it on so I can post here.

Working and tested on:
SuperLTE
Tranquility(breaks theming)
UR/EVO
MeanROM
FreshROM
Viper 4g (viper only file below)
JellyBomb Rom
Venums V8 ROM

Not working(as is) on

If after flashing if you wanna revert to the app associations menu in setting you can go into build.prop

and find
Code:
ro.da1.enable=false
ro.da1.method=false

change to

Code:
ro.da1.enable=true

all apks and jars are built on Stock apks and jars, which will work on any rom based on 3.15.651.16 RUU. If you want this compatible for a specific rom ask the rom dev to incorporate the edits into the rom.

DOWNLOAD>>>>>#Fapple_JB_VER.TWO

Last edited:

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN

officiallytook

Sep 17, 2011
So.Cal.
I saw that apple pulled out some patent Shiet but didn't read into it Kuz I know #Android is superior...#xda #Steal25 #team #GoingAllOut

Sent From a Super E4GLE_OfficiallyTook
latest everything...awesome kernel
and we're talking purple on a Red Xparent TapaTalk

Reactions: il Duce

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
Nicely done! :)

Edit - bummed. :(

Doesn't play nice with Viper4G.

But it was nice to see my Mail with links again!!

Last edited:

flex360

Sep 22, 2010
...............................................................................................

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fapple1.png

First off thanks to il Duce for helping out with this and pushing me to get it done!

Ive been working at getting this done on and off for awhile now and finally found all the proper edits to feel comfortable releasing it. what the zip posted below will do is bring back all the "complete action using" menus and remove the app association menu in settings.

Whats included:
    Browser.apk
    Mail.apk
    Mms
    Calendar.apk
    Settings.apk
    framework.jar
    HTCextension.jar
    Settings.jar
    Build.prop editor for adding the proper entries to build.prop

Changelog

Version one
    initial release

version two
    added mms.apk

version three
    added the correct calendar apk
    fixed fc in mail (reply/reply all (thanks mikeyxda))
    added a seperate zip that incorporates zepplinrox multitasking mod

version four
    in framework jar fixed when rebooting if you havent choosen a default in mail it would automatically
    default to stock mail and not give you the choice.(thank mikeyxda)
    updated the multi zip to test 8. I know zepplinrox said in his thread services werent needed for this mod,
    I spoke to him last night and there are edits that he had missed while looking through these services. services are needed for this mod.

version five
    fix default persisting on reboot
    calendar works properly
    everything is how it should be (the right way)

version six
    fixed calendar weblinks going to dialer
    added script to seek out previous ro.da entries in build.prop and change those rather then add additional entries thanks Vinchenzop and smw6180
    Also add a Viper 4g compatible Fapple zip ported to viper 4g files byVinchenzop

FINAL
    fixed Email links in Mms

JB Version one
    initial release updated to 3.15.651.16 RUU

JB Version two
    Fixed an issue with having to clear defaults after each reboot.

2012-10-20122855.png
    2012-10-20123916.png
    2012-10-20211940.png
    2012-10-20131046.png

2012-10-20124128.png
    fapple1.jpg
    2012-12-03201942.png

*********please note the above screenies reflect this mod on ICS the options boxes look a bit different on JB. I'll get updated screens when i have time.**********

IF YOU CLICK A LINK AND DONT GET A MENU POPUP JUST CLEAR DEFAULTS FOR IT IN SETTING/APPS
    il Duce and myself have tested everything included in the zip and it all works 100%​

issues:
    all links work in mail except web links this is due to HTC removing the "highlight" and "underline code"
    PLEASE back up before flashing this could send your phone into bootloops with some roms, for those roms that it does loop on the rom dev will need to port to that rom.

if you flash this and it works/doesnt work please post which rom you've tried it on so I can post here.

Working and tested on:
    SuperLTE
    Tranquility(breaks theming)
    UR/EVO
    MeanROM
    FreshROM
    Viper 4g (viper only file below)
    JellyBomb Rom
    Venums V8 ROM

Not working(as is) on

If after flashing if you wanna revert to the app associations menu in setting you can go into build.prop

and find
    Code:
    ro.da1.enable=false
    ro.da1.method=false

change to

Code:
    ro.da1.enable=true

all apks and jars are built on Stock apks and jars, which will work on any rom based on 3.15.651.16 RUU. If you want this compatible for a specific rom ask the rom dev to incorporate the edits into the rom.

DOWNLOAD>>>>>#Fapple_JB_VER.TWO
    #Winning

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    What a peculiar name.

If I have taken anyone's spot, just delete this post. This is awesome steal25! I never thought I'd see this again. #Fapple

~co~
    Sweet,great job