[MOD][2.2+] Skype 4.7.0.43514 (v22b) / fixes, extra features & more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rseiler

Jun 24, 2012
I just discovered this thread, so thanks.

After trying v3.2 inverted/spoofed from the link at the previous page, I find, however, that it prevents login, just like any v3.2 does these days.

Is it still working for people? Maybe it's because I hadn't used it from the time before they started blocking logins, I don't know, but I thought that's what the "spoofed" part was supposed to get around.

I did try the latest version first (v22), but I really want to avoid using modern versions due to the "always online" cloud issue that MS refuses to fix. Even explicitly signing out while online--what used to work--tends to leave me "online" according to others. I actually have to go to a PC and issue /remotelogout, which is a huge hassle.

Ra2fet

Jul 5, 2013
I hope you make this mod like Xposed module so we can apply it in new updates. Just an idea...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
Ok guys, just wanted to let you all know about my Skype experience I had last night with talking to my buddy...

I was using the spoofed version v20 (file name: Skype_4.0.0.17847_v20b_spoofed.apk)

We were talking for maybe a half hour or so, and it was 5 am and I was so tired (took 2 xanies I got, just started a 40 hr+ a week job mixing chemicals [latex, and no not for condoms lol]) ;)

Anyway, I dont remember hanging up the call with him, and I know hes using just the regular newest stock Skype v5.w/e.it.is... - Well, I woke up to the call still thinking it was connected for 8 hours and 57 minutes - I woke up to him calling my actual phone saying he couldnt Skype call me.

So I tried hitting the end call button like 5 times, and each time it would just make the hang-up sound play, but not disconnect.

So for now I am using v19.1 (file name: Skype_3.2.0.6673_v19.1_spoofed.apk) - It's a totally different layout than v20 is (IMHO I dont really like it, but w/e)

Hopefully it wont have this same bug that v20 does.

Edit: Oh, and I even tried to use the KILL SKYPE from Advanced Settings and Sign Out and neither would close Skype. Even trying to hold my back button to force close the app (Xposed mod)

I asked the user who spoofed these 2 versions to do v22 (the last mod by the OP) so if he has or is reading this and decides to, PLEASE PM ME!

Just wanted to share that with you all! Happy modding! - zmag

Last edited:

rseiler

Jun 24, 2012
So for now I am using v19.1 (file name: Skype_3.2.0.6673_v19.1_spoofed.apk) - It's a totally different layout than v20 is (IMHO I dont really like it, but w/e)
So you implicitly answered my question about whether v3.2 spoofed actually lets you log in.

Do you have a link for the version you mention? I only have Skype_3.2.0.6673_v19.1_inv_spoofed.apk from the previous page. I'll still probably be locked out, but I'd like to try. Skype may be locking people out by account.

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
So you implicitly answered my question about whether v3.2 spoofed actually lets you log in.

Do you have a link for the version you mention? I only have Skype_3.2.0.6673_v19.1_inv_spoofed.apk from the previous page. I'll still probably be locked out, but I'd like to try. Skype may be locking people out by account.

hold on I will upload it for you :) Gimme 2 min...

Edit: I cant seem to upload it myself on my brand new Galaxy S5 - it is giving me trouble with Opera Classic and Boat Browser Pro, so here are the original quotes...

How to: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54821919&postcount=3538
Download: http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/76012992/file.html

I'll see if that version of v4.0 can also be modded.

Okay, it was a little different to do but here's Skype v4.0.0.17847.

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/363503/file.html
and here is the post I made that I believe still has the links... my post is from Page 356, the quote is from a few pages prior...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54852904&postcount=3555

Hope this helps! - zmag (p.s. if it did hit the Thanks button for me) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: rseiler

rseiler

Jun 24, 2012
Thanks, I had looked back a couple pages but missed that somehow.

It does let me login (not sure what's wrong with spoofed/inverted I had tried), so I'm thrilled. Sure, it's an older UI, and only quite recent versions support offline messaging (the ability for someone to receive a prior message from you when you've since gone offline), but it has the giant advantage over 4.x and 5.x versions in that you don't have to worry about falsely being online. When you don't have a connection, you're no longer online with v3.2. What a concept!

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks, I had looked back a couple pages but missed that somehow.

It does let me login (not sure what's wrong with spoofed/inverted I had tried), so I'm thrilled. Sure, it's an older UI, and only quite recent versions support offline messaging (the ability for someone to receive a prior message from you when you've since gone offline), but it has the giant advantage over 4.x and 5.x versions in that you don't have to worry about falsely being online. When you don't have a connection, you're no longer online with v3.2. What a concept!

Oh I did not know that! I actually like that feature better...

Only problem is, my Galaxy S5 is a newer phone, the video caling might not be supported...

I will test it right now as I am talking to my friend on Skype right now... Again gimme a min :p

Edit: Ok the video works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) - but when I returned from Skype and switched to Boat Browser, it has seemed to shut off my keyboard typing sound and kept the vibration. Before, it would keep the typing sound and my friend could hear it so he knew I was typing (which I liked because he could know I was busy at the moment typing) - but maybe its better that he cannot hear the typing so it doesn't interfere with our call with the constant clicking.

Not sure if this is another bug with v19.1 or its just from me switching from Skype to another app.

V22 (4.7.x) doesn't need the spoofing as it's officially an allowed version by MS, if am not mistaken it's versions 4.5.x and below that are forced to upgrade to the latest versions.

V22 isn't great, atleast on my older Xperias. Plenty of missed calls that don't show up until much later as missed calls. Slow updates of online contacts is the least of my problems.

The best way would be to try several versions to know for sure which one gives you the best results overall. If you are certain V22 is the best for you then you don't the spoofing hack as it logs in directly because it is officially a supported version by MS.

Unmodded version 4.0.0.22082 works best for me on the older xperias, battery drain is higher but I can live with that more than the other issues with other versions.

Yeah I just tested it and for some reason it isn't signing in, so there must be yet another file this particular version relies on to check for version. Will dig around to see if I can find it.

V19 seems to have similar interface to V17 and seems to be working for others so want to try that out in the meanwhile?

Just to reinterate, v22 is not working. Please Mr Its can you spoof modded v22b to the latest Skype v5. (w/e it is)

I would be very very greatful.

Or if somebody can do it please post it here and PM me the link! (I do not check the forums often now due to my new job and I will forget what Page # it was on!

Thanks in advance XDA! - Don't know what I'd do without you!

Last edited:

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
V22 (4.7.x) doesn't need the spoofing as it's officially an allowed version by MS, if am not mistaken it's versions 4.5.x and below that are forced to upgrade to the latest versions.

V22 isn't great, atleast on my older Xperias. Plenty of missed calls that don't show up until much later as missed calls. Slow updates of online contacts is the least of my problems.

The best way would be to try several versions to know for sure which one gives you the best results overall. If you are certain V22 is the best for you then you don't the spoofing hack as it logs in directly because it is officially a supported version by MS.

Unmodded version 4.0.0.22082 works best for me on the older xperias, battery drain is higher but I can live with that more than the other issues with other versions.

Yeah I just tested it and for some reason it isn't signing in, so there must be yet another file this particular version relies on to check for version. Will dig around to see if I can find it.

V19 seems to have similar interface to V17 and seems to be working for others so want to try that out in the meanwhile?

You mean it won't let you sign in? What message do you get? It worked for me earlier today before I reverted to v19.1.

No it wont let me sign in. It gives me the generic Network Error popup saying somethings wrong with my internet connection.

---

Another bug I just noticed, I could not turn my speakerphone on with the button on the bottom and that was preventing the typing sound and also preventing my friend from hearing it - But it did work by selecting Speaker On from the menu button and now all is well.

So the bug is speaker button not working via bottom row, but must be enabled via menu button.

I also have "Speaker immediately enabled on call start" from Advanced Menu, so that may be whats causing the issue there - I will have to do further testing later.

Last edited:

rseiler

Jun 24, 2012
No it wont let me sign in. It gives me the generic Network Error popup saying somethings wrong with my internet connection.
I can't find MS or others saying that 5.x is required now, so it's surprising that you'd get that. Maybe clear data for Skype? Of course, I was getting the very same error earlier, but that was with a definitely obsolete version that might not have been modded correctly (I think it has to be the case given how the version of 3.2 you pointed to worked right away).

You might be aware, but people on the Skype forum are talking about how in the latest version, the "speakerphone does not work on most Galaxy phones during the video call," so using v5 may not be so great for you (you perhaps have already tried it).

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
I can't find MS or others saying that 5.x is required now, so it's surprising that you'd get that. Maybe clear data for Skype? Of course, I was getting the very same error earlier, but that was with a definitely obsolete version that might not have been modded correctly (I think it has to be the case given how the version of 3.2 you pointed to worked right away).

You might be aware, but people on the Skype forum are talking about how in the latest version, the "speakerphone does not work on most Galaxy phones during the video call," so using v5 may not be so great for you (you perhaps have already tried it).

No you misunderstand what I meant... The speakerphone bug is with v19.1 spoofed

I don't want to use the stock Google Play Store's v5.x (and refuse to use it) - I -do- want a spoofed modded v22b [just to try it and see if it works better] :)

I'd like to see the OP finally make a modded v5.x - but I doubt it will clear up any issues that the stock version already has, but I'm sure we're all waiting patiently (or as patient as we can be) ;)

The stock v5.x gives me WAY more issues on my S5 than just the speakerphone. The constant notification for Skype will get killed after my phone sleeps (I.E. shut my screen off for a few minutes and Skype gets killed, and I get Signed Out)

For now, I just did some testing and spoofed v19.1 seems to working just fine. I would like to have v22b spoofed just to see - but actually I'm quite happy with spoofed v19.1 at the moment.

Last edited:

terminatordk

Jul 20, 2007
No you misunderstand what I meant... The speakerphone bug is with v19.1 spoofed

I don't want to use v5.x (and refuse to use it) - I -do- want a spoofed modded v22b [just to try it and see if it works better] :)

The stock v5.x gives me WAY more issues on my S5 than just the speakerphone. The constant notification for Skype will get killed after my phone sleeps (I.E. shut my screen off for a few minutes and Skype gets killed, and I get Signed Out)

For now, I just did some testing and spoofed v19.1 seems to working just fine. I would like to have v22b spoofed just to see - but actually I'm quite happy with spoofed v19.1 at the moment.

why do you want a spoofed v22b it works for me on mobile internet and wifi on a sg4 so if it dosnt work for you your phone is the problem not v22b

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
why do you want a spoofed v22b it works for me on mobile internet and wifi on a sg4 so if it dosnt work for you your phone is the problem not v22b

No dude its not my phone.

I tried the regular modded v20 and v19.1 and I get the same network popup error. The modded spoofed versions both work fine.

And other users report the same thing. So you're just one of the lucky ones...

Why would there be a need for spoofed versions if no one was having a problem signing in?

Last edited:

rseiler

Jun 24, 2012
I tried the regular modded v20 and v19.1 and I get the same network popup error. The modded spoofed versions both work fine.
You should be getting it for those, since v3.2 and v4.0 are definitely on the blacklist.

v4.7 is another matter. MS may be in the midst of phasing it out, but they clearly haven't done it yet for everyone. I haven't seen anyone else yet say they're getting the login error with it.

Nico074

Aug 8, 2012
Hello,
on my Samsung S3 stock rom, the ringtone for incoming skype calls does not work if the headset is connected BT.
How so?

Nicola

Camo260

May 18, 2014
Is this mod still being developed?
I think I need an update xD
At the moment my Skype seems to be experiencing issues with sending and receiving
It would be cool to have a feature where you still get message sounds when skype is open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello-hello!

So here is Skype with some fixes, added features and support for video-calling on more devices!

Read more / Grab it:
    Build v22

*REMEMBER: You need to uninstall original skype app first, then install my apk!
    Skype 4.0.0.17847 modded (build v20 *BETA*) !

Changelog:
    ~ Based on latest skype release v4.0.0.17847

Changes compared to original Skype:
    • Exit button (kills app & service)
    Advanced Settings:
    → Keep screen alive, disables proximity sensor for calls
    → Advanced camera settings (resolution/focus/scene/white balance/color effect)
    Ringtone picker!
    Notification sound picker!
    Notifications' vibration pattern picker!
    'Away' and 'Do not disturb' status added back
    → Disable vibration entirely
    → Disable sign-in/out sounds​

Older builds

Based on v3.2.0.6673: v19.1 / v19
    Based on v3.0.0.6181: v18 / v18.1
    Based on v2.9.0.315: v17
    Based on v2.8.0.920: v15 / v16
    Based on v2.7.0.907: v14
    Based on v2.6.0.95: v13
    Based on v2.5.0.108: v12
    Based on v2.1.0.46: v07 / v08 / v09 / v10 / v11
    Based on v2.0.0.47: v01 / v02 / v03 / v04 / v05 / v06

Wanna thank me? Press "Thanks", or even better "Donate" :D
    Skype 2.9.0.315 mod - v17

Skype 2.9.0.315 modded (build v17) !

Changelog:
    ~ Based on new Skype build 2.9.0.315

• Minor fixes here and there (vibration, chat, video-calls)
    • Speaker toggle while in call (just press your phone's MENU button)
    • Bluetooth audio toggle while in call (just press your phone's MENU button), uses *my* code for BT Audio, so you can try it for mono headsets or headsets that don't work with Skype's original BT support
    • Camera LED/flash support while in video-call (just press your phone's MENU button)
    Advanced Settings:
    → Sign-in status picker, allows you to pick your desired status (availability), which will be applied automatically just after logging-in.
    → Force-enable video-calling, for phones that can't get video-calling enabled.
    *Video-calling needs compatible CPU (ARMv7). If your phone's CPU is not compatible, Skype will keep crashing/looping at login!*
    → Force enable camera rotation, will attempt to enable camera rotate option (under the camera selection popup)
    → Avoid setFPS, for some users that get black image in video-calls
    → Use valid preview surface, for some users that get black image in video-calls (a bit buggy at the moment, but better than nothing ;))
    → Prefer full-screen incoming video, won't allow your back camera image to take the whole screen leaving the incoming image minimized
    → Force notification LED/BLN, for users that "Pulse notification light" option (in Skype original settings) doesn't actually enable notification LEDs or BLN!
    Ringtone picker!
    → Disable sign-in/out vibration and/or sounds
    → Verbose logging, use it for debugging, when capturing logs​

Download
    v17 (.apk)

Older builds

Enjoy!
    Skype 4.7.0.43514 modded (build v22 *BETA*) !

Changelog:
    ~ Based on latest skype release v4.7.0.43514
    ~ Allows you to run video-calls in background as a floating window on phones

'Away' and 'Do not disturb' status added back
    • Fixed notification vibration for "Normal" sound profile
    • Allows you to run video-calls in background on phones (Settings → Display video calls in the background)
    Advanced Settings:
    Ringtone picker!
    → Disable sign-in/out sounds​

Older builds

Based on v4.5.0.39600: v21
    Based on v4.0.0.17847: v20
    Based on v3.2.0.6673: v19.1 / v19
    Based on v3.0.0.6181: v18 / v18.1
    Based on v2.9.0.315: v17

Skype 2.8.0.920 modded (build v16) !

Skype 2.8.0.920 modded (build v16) !

Changelog:
    ~ (Video-calls) Small preview window is now movable
    ~ (Chat) Smiley button now won't hide your keyboard
    ~ (Icons) Fixed (colored) xhdpi status bar icons
    ~ (Advanced Settings) Now follows Skype styling :p
    ~ (Advanced Settings) Added 'Sign-in status' option
    ~ (Advanced Settings) Added 'Stop BT audio' option
    ~ Minor bug-fixes

• Colorful notification bar status icons
    • Minor fixes here and there (vibration, chat, video-calls)
    • Speaker toggle while in call (just press your phone's MENU button)
    • Bluetooth audio toggle while in call (just press your phone's MENU button), uses *my* code for BT Audio, so you can try it for mono headsets or headsets that don't work with Skype's original BT support
    • Camera LED/flash support while in video-call (just press your phone's MENU button)
    Advanced Settings:
    → Sign-in status picker, allows you to pick your desired status (availability), which will be applied automatically just after logging-in.
    → Force-enable video-calling, for phones that can't get video-calling enabled.
    *Video-calling needs compatible CPU (ARMv7). If your phone's CPU is not compatible, Skype will keep crashing/looping at login!*
    → Force enable camera rotation, will attempt to enable camera rotate option (under the camera selection popup)
    → Avoid setFPS, for some users that get black image in video-calls
    → Prefer full-screen incoming video, won't allow your back camera image to take the whole screen leaving the incoming image minimized
    → Force notification LED/BLN, for users that "Pulse notification light" option (in Skype original settings) doesn't actually enable notification LEDs or BLN!
    → Advanced camera settings (focus/scene/white balance/color effect)
    Ringtone picker!
    → Disable sign-in/out vibration and/or sounds
    → Verbose logging, use it for debugging, when capturing logs​

Download
    Advanced Settings with Skype theme (recommended for ICS): v16 (.apk)

Advanced Settings with no theme (recommended for Gingerbread): v16 black (.apk)

Older builds
    Based on v2.8.0.920: v15

Enjoy!