[MOD][22/09/11] -Yet another sim unlocking method

Search This thread

Superfrag

Jul 31, 2010
Erie
www.twitter.com
I just attempted this too and got the same message as you.
Reading the comments on the blog post where the unlocking form is located, the creator said to ignore it, if you're s-off then you're unlocked.

I have no sim to test at the moment, I'll report back tomorrow.

But I am not unlocked, even though I am S-OFF, via Revolutionary.

I inserted a foreign SIM, it asked me for an unlock code..

bigeras187

Nov 4, 2009
unlock code

tried this and it worked .......

my sensation is on 3 - after using the unlock file my phone now is able all the other networks straight away

brilliant

:D

jayjaypops

Apr 27, 2010
Las Vegas
Hm.. I tried a different carrier's sim and I wasn't asked for a code but it didn't get any service... The sims weren't activated though..

Am not sure now..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Sorry for late late reply. When you don't get service and you have installed the sim, you have to change a couple apn settings to get things working like data and mms.

For having an miui rom, mine shows me no bars but have no X on my signals on a sim that's not activated. As for stock rom or any other roms, idk if it'd show the red X even if the sim don't have service.

Sent from a mind controlling HTC Sensation powered by the infamous MIUI rom.

Last edited:

jayjaypops

Apr 27, 2010
Las Vegas
But I am not unlocked, even though I am S-OFF, via Revolutionary.

I inserted a foreign SIM, it asked me for an unlock code..

Its supposed to say fail but you have to make sure your s off. Even though your s off and rooted fully, you still have to do either this way or another way to get it unlocked.

Sent from a mind controlling HTC Sensation powered by the infamous MIUI rom.

lolpos

Jul 9, 2010
Oahu, Hawaii
OnePlus 12
ok so i did this and got this msg

fat32 init ok
reading config.dat
read mccmnc file success
open CID file fail
get device IMEI success
IMEI checking...PASS!

according to everyone that did this it worked! im so eager to test it out but all my friends have tmobile lol

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
Here we go with yet another unlock solution.

This one applies to almost (if not all) devices which are radio S-off, it’s fairly easy to use and doesn’t wipe data/settings nor have that ugly side effect (when using diag files) in which you lose conectivity to mobile network.

Supported devices so far:

(by the use of revolutionary)
and:

(by the use of unrevoked 3 – not tested)

These are the required steps you have to take:

1. S-off your phone by using Revolutionary (if you haven’t already done that).

2. Fill in the form with the required data. This will generate an unique Config.dat file for your device. Please enter a valid email address, as you’ll be sent there the link to download the file.
This step you'll have to take here

3. Put the file on the root of your sdcard and reboot your phone into HBOOT (adb reboot oem-42). Once you’re there, navigate to Simlock and press Power. The phone will load the file and remove the simlock. Some text will appear on the screen and at a certain point you’ll be asked to press Vol-Up to restart the phone.

4. Just do it, and you’ll be done!

PLEASE NOTE!:
This solution is heavily linked to the device it's being applied to by the use of IMEI, which can be considered a breach in security.
DISCLAIMER:
This solution provided for you on this site is given AS IS and in GOOD FAITH and is based on the research I made. I may not accept any liability or responsibility for the use of this applicaton.

If you still want your device unlocked but not by the use of this method, see this thread!

If you find this tool useful and appreciate my work, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot.. ;)

Your sim unlock tool also works on the HTC Amaze 4G. Would it be alright if we link your website in the Amaze forums? It took us a bit to find the original creator of the tool, and was great to find out you were actually an XDA member!

Thanks!

Reactions: mrmako777

craven667

May 11, 2011
Best to pm him buy I am sure he wont mind just give credit

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

cosmin_b78

Jun 16, 2010
London
I just done your method and it worked. I'm on t-mobile uk, used a O2 sim and everything was okay. Thanks for sharing your work, donation will follow later today. Thanks again mate.

Sent from my HTC Sensation with beats audio using XDA app

sieempi

Jul 30, 2010
Thanks, I'm glad it worked for you!
As for CDMA phones, don't mind it, just a copy paste typo, I'll edit later; they're on different hardware and principle, can't work.

Via XDA App

jukyO

Feb 2, 2011
Ogulin
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
HTC Desire Bravo

Hi,

got

fat32 init ok
reading config.dat
read mccmnc file success
open CID file fail
get device IMEI success
IMEI checking...PASS!

For Bravo.

But still network unlocked code is asked.

Regards,
jukyO

blogodoblogodo

Apr 13, 2011
Hi,

got

fat32 init ok
reading config.dat
read mccmnc file success
open CID file fail
get device IMEI success
IMEI checking...PASS!

For Bravo.

But still network unlocked code is asked.

Regards,
jukyO

hi, we are here in HTC Sensation section, try to ask on Bravo's section.

see u, its totally normal that this method fail.
CID is different between phones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This one applies to almost (if not all) devices which are radio S-off, it’s fairly easy to use and doesn’t wipe data/settings nor have that ugly side effect (when using diag files) in which you lose conectivity to mobile network.

HTC Sensation (pyramid)
    HTC Evo 3D (shooter)
    HTC EVO 3D GSM (shooteru)
    HTC myTouch Slide 4G
    and:
    Sprint EVO 4G
    Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
    HTC Desire CDMA (HTC BravoC)

2. Fill in the form with the required data. This will generate an unique Config.dat file for your device. Please enter a valid email address, as you’ll be sent there the link to download the file.

3. Put the file on the root of your sdcard and reboot your phone into HBOOT (adb reboot oem-42). Once you’re there, navigate to Simlock and press Power. The phone will load the file and remove the simlock. Some text will appear on the screen and at a certain point you’ll be asked to press Vol-Up to restart the phone.

PLEASE NOTE!:
    This solution is heavily linked to the device it's being applied to by the use of IMEI, which can be considered a breach in security.
    DISCLAIMER:
    This solution provided for you on this site is given AS IS and in GOOD FAITH and is based on the research I made. I may not accept any liability or responsibility for the use of this applicaton.

If you still want your device unlocked but not by the use of this method, see this thread!

If you find this tool useful and appreciate my work, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot.. ;)
    Yes

Via XDA App
    Bona Fides

I agree with all of you of being skeptic about this (I would, also).
    However, the method is heavily linked to the phone and imei is required. I'm providing all this IN GOOD FAITH and with the hope that I just freed another device from corporate interests.
    There are, of course, a lot of other methods of unlock you can use, no heartbreak :)
    I'm still keeping an eye on it. The unlock is for good!
    As for sending the imei, you'd be surprised how many apps are broadcasting it online..
    There's no such thing as phone cloning, that's a vague term, changing your imei doesn't grant you the rights of the initial owner; but you can talk about SIM cloning, which exists and could be very dangerous: it has nothing to to with the imei. This is a very wide topic to discuss, not related with this one though. Every one should know what's this all about and has the freedom to choose.

Via XDA App

and:

PLEASE NOTE!:
    DISCLAIMER:

Your sim unlock tool also works on the HTC Amaze 4G. Would it be alright if we link your website in the Amaze forums? It took us a bit to find the original creator of the tool, and was great to find out you were actually an XDA member!

Thanks!