[MOD] 240 DPI apps for samsung roms [updated 30/11/12]

Search This thread

t3project

Jun 14, 2010
sweet deal! i may include this im my rom if there are no objections.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Regular Disclaimer: Flash it at your own risk

I have spent hours to work this out without a device in hand ,if you find my work useful consider a donation ;)

I have been making some mods to scale all samsung apps @240 dpi for international s3. Now with requests from sprint note2 users im extending my work for sprint note2 users. All these mods are universal , so you can flash it over almost all deodexed roms.

A big thanks to @nerys71, its because of him i started working for sprint note2 dpi mods:)

Apps included in the package(based on LJC rom)

*camera
*calculator
*dialer
*flashbarservice
*popupbrowser

Instructions

1.Backup the above mentioned apps if needed.
2.Enter CWM and flash the zip.(Only CWM!!)
3.Enjoy!

Downloads:
240 dpi mod universal without contacts

Note: I do not have this device, but this mod has been tested and it is working;)

i know i can use another launcher but can you do this with the stock launcher as well?

Reactions: Carbajal3009

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Since I am a twrp user, I searched and found this. I hope it works, I am at work so I can't build one now.
http://teamw.in/VRThemes
sent from my awesomely huge Note II

oh that looks good, i think its simple enough for twrp users to just replace those 2 files before flashing , ill add those instuctions to op (or simply ill attach twrp version)

winrar opens the zip fine. there are two root folders. META-INF and mode

there is a zipalign file in the mode folder

I have ZERO skill at this so DO NOT apply this without a backup I may have done it wrong and may screw your phone !!! remember its a $700 phone

I unzipped it replaced the zipalign file and then zipped it back up again. I am assuming its that simple? (bala?)

try it and see what happens in twrp

oh great!

sweet - now I can go back to twrp :) the new touch CWM is "ok" but still not as nice as TWRP for easy to use UI

now does modding this for twrp "break" it for CWM or any others ?

oh well, i have the same question ;)

sweet deal! i may include this im my rom if there are no objections.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

i know i can use another launcher but can you do this with the stock launcher as well?

of course , you can include it wherever you want, just give me proper credits ;) attach the launcher file here ill mod it for 240 dpi .

found a bug got to fix

oh what is it?

Any chance of getting a 240 mod for the clock, my stock clock app fc when selecting world time.

Thank you so much for a great mod

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

im trying to work on it despite busy schedule , so hopefully it will finished soon

Thank you for the mod. If you can do this for email program too that would be so awesome. It seems like all of the touch wiz related programs have this problem.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

attach the apk here

Does this replace the actual apps.. so if one has a modded dialer they will lose it?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

it dosent replaces the actual files(hence the mod is based on vrtheme), all the themings and stuffs will remian same ;)

Reactions: ricekrispytreats

nerys71

May 13, 2008
when do you want me online? I will try to be here. I have to leave for a few hours to take my sister to the doctor's I think you are GMT +6 ??

so its 0120 here or 1220 where you are ? so I won't be here well for a while after now going to bed but up at 1000 appointment at 1200 home by maybe 1400 ? or 0100 your time tomorrow.

if your up right now I will stay up for another 40 minutes or so to work on this if you wish.

btw if the new zipalign does NOT break things for CWM then just stop using the other zipalign all together then it will work in both (I am not sure how to test that)

distaula

Jul 19, 2009
+1 for the Clock app. It doesn't look like there's a 'default' clock app you can change like the others. I use sleepyti.me to set alarms and they just fall into the abyss.

nerys71

May 13, 2008
works for me. I installed clocks plus and first time I set an alarm it asked what I wanted to use and I selected alarms plus and all was good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regular Disclaimer: Flash it at your own risk

I have spent hours to work this out without a device in hand ,if you find my work useful consider a donation ;)

I have been making some mods to scale all samsung apps @240 dpi for international s3. Now with requests from sprint note2 users im extending my work for sprint note2 users. All these mods are universal , so you can flash it over almost all deodexed roms.

A big thanks to @nerys71, its because of him i started working for sprint note2 dpi mods:)

Apps included in the package(based on LJC rom)

*camera
    *calculator
    *dialer
    *flashbarservice
    *popupbrowser
    *launcher

Instructions

1.Backup the above mentioned apps if needed.
    2.Enter CWM and flash the zip.(Only CWM!!)
    3.Enjoy!

Thread Changelog

30/11/12
    > added 240 dpi twlauncher

27/11/12
    >added clockpackage

24/11/12
    > fixed thumbnail preview selection for samsungcamera

Downloads:
    240 dpi mod universal without contacts
    240 dpi clockpackage
    240 dpi launcher(universal)
    240 dpi dialer universal

Note: I do not have this device, but this mod has been tested and it is working;)
    So who wants 240 DPI keyboard today ? ;)
    Will make it by next week. In busy schedule this week:) all lk8 mods will be twrp and a few will be multi dpi compatible too.

《posted from cm10.1》
    winrar opens the zip fine. there are two root folders. META-INF and mode

there is a zipalign file in the mode folder

I have ZERO skill at this so DO NOT apply this without a backup I may have done it wrong and may screw your phone !!! remember its a $700 phone

I unzipped it replaced the zipalign file and then zipped it back up again. I am assuming its that simple? (bala?)

try it and see what happens in twrp
    test 3 zip, now this should scale good with bothe portrait and landscape mode, popup kboard might be smaller ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone