[MOD][4.2.2 JDQ39 & 4.3 JWR66V][Tablet UI, EPM for STOCK ROM[18/08/2013]

Search This thread

kubino99

Apr 14, 2008
Hello all,

If you are interested having TabletUI, Extended Power Menu, 3g tethering in STOCK 4.2.2 ODEXED ROM. Here you are ;)

Instructions for 4.2.2:

1. Make full backup!
2a. Flash EPM_TAB_3G.zip for extended power menu + tablet UI.
2b. Flash EPM.zip for extended power menu only.
2c. Flash tabui_422.zip for tablet.
3. Reboot to system.

Instructions for 4.3:

1. Make full backup!
2a. Flash EPM_TAB_3G_43.zip for extended power menu + tablet UI.
2b. Flash tabui_43.zip for tablet.
3. Reboot to system.

Note: This will work only on stock ODEXED 4.2.2 build. Do not try to flash this if you are using different ROM.

EPM + TAB UI:
attachment.php

EPM only:
attachment.php

Attachments

• EPM_TAB_3G.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 661
  • Screenshot_2013-03-31-23-03-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-31-23-03-33.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 13,885
  • EPM.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 418
  • tabui_422.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 359
  • tabui_43.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 287
  • EPM_TAB_3G_43.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 340
Last edited:

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
40.75659° N 73.98626° W
how i know if i have stock ODEXED rom in my tablet, i have official 4.2.2 software

A simple way would be to use a file manager that will let you access root files (such as ES Explorere) and look in the folder /system/app - if you see any files that say .odex and .apk then you are still odexed. If you only see files that say .apk then you are deodexed.

lusifer84

Feb 3, 2012
Quito
A simple way would be to use a file manager that will let you access root files (such as ES Explorere) and look in the folder /system/app - if you see any files that say .odex and .apk then you are still odexed. If you only see files that say .apk then you are deodexed.
Thanks bro, to day I go to see that version is.

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Is there anyway possible just to get the extended power menu? last time i check it was not compatible with 4.2.2

Sure it's possible, if i have some spare time i'll do it.

+1

That would be cool, thanks! It seems that with the tab setup some of my notifications no longer display (i.e. K9 / Kaiten mail, etc) Also somehow some scren resolutions seem different now with a few launcher menus (folders) running off the screen now. :(

Stock N7 running 4.2.2, rooted.

[ EDIT ] Whatever the issue was with notifications went away once I switched to Apex launcher (which I was going to do anyway). Not quite sure what the issue was before the switch..

Last edited:

jellymelly

Jan 19, 2011
Sydney
Tablet UI is nice, but any chance for a 'reset/revert' patch? So if anything happens or I dont like it I can flash a revert patch and get my phone UI back? Thanks.

Jun 11, 2012
Working with the Nexus 4?

I have a N7 and an N4, I can see the benefits on my N7, and even though it's in a N7 thread, d'you think this'll work on a N4? It doesn't say anywhere in the post that it's N7 specific, only 4.2.2, and I have that on both :)

kubino99

Apr 14, 2008
I have a N7 and an N4, I can see the benefits on my N7, and even though it's in a N7 thread, d'you think this'll work on a N4? It doesn't say anywhere in the post that it's N7 specific, only 4.2.2, and I have that on both :)

It's posted in N7 thread so what do you think? It's specifik to N7 3g version. If you flash it on other device it will not work!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

If you are interested having TabletUI, Extended Power Menu, 3g tethering in STOCK 4.2.2 ODEXED ROM. Here you are ;)

Instructions for 4.2.2:

1. Make full backup!
    2a. Flash EPM_TAB_3G.zip for extended power menu + tablet UI.
    2b. Flash EPM.zip for extended power menu only.
    2c. Flash tabui_422.zip for tablet.
    3. Reboot to system.

Instructions for 4.3:

1. Make full backup!
    2a. Flash EPM_TAB_3G_43.zip for extended power menu + tablet UI.
    2b. Flash tabui_43.zip for tablet.
    3. Reboot to system.

Note: This will work only on stock ODEXED 4.2.2 build. Do not try to flash this if you are using different ROM.

EPM + TAB UI:
    attachment.php

EPM only:
    attachment.php
    Any way to revert this MOD? :crying::crying::crying:

Sure,

Option 1: restore from backup
    Option 2: replace "services.odex" , "android.policy.odex" and "framework-res.apk" with stock ones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    how i know if i have stock ODEXED rom in my tablet, i have official 4.2.2 software

Added tablet ui for 4.3, EPM will follow later ;)
    alright! looking forward to it! =)

1st post updated!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone