[MOD][4.21.11] New Superuser package Root your Fascinate

Search This thread

xvoorheesx

Aug 4, 2010
I must be blind

Can someone point me to an Odin package for CWM3? or is 2.5 all I can use? want to flash this after OTAu. Thanks.

jimmy2179428

Aug 7, 2007
New su.zip. Just changed updater-script and update binary to work with mount.wrapper we are using on our custom kernels. Will work from stock phone as well. Script is edify but will work with cwm2.5 as well.

Directions
Download su-2.3.6.1.x.zip and place on your sdcard.
Odin cwm if you do not have it.
Boot into cwm recovery.
Flash zip
Reboot
Profit

So I did all the above and then when I try to boot in recovery using CWM I get the below message...

-- Install from package...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

It brings me back to the blue recovery screen.

nemesis2all

Sep 14, 2010
Columbia, SC
So I did all the above and then when I try to boot in recovery using CWM I get the below message...

Installation aborted.

Odin cwm 3-30 fix all with battery pulled
After odin is completed insert battery and give phone three finger salute to make it cwm.
Flash su zip I provided above.

s44

Sep 25, 2010

Installation aborted.

nem's post above this one is exactly correct on how to fix the problem, but in case you (or others reading this) aren't clear as to the WHY...

It's the "blue recovery screen" above. Stock recovery is blue. It requires signatures and non-test keys, and is therefore useless for us. Our standard Clockwork is red, and is what you Odin in with the 3-30 package. This is what you want, and need to put on the phone before anything else. There's also orange, which ROM Manager installs -- it's still buggy, so don't flash it.

pitokellie

May 4, 2009
lehighton pa
Originally Posted by jimmy2179428

Installation aborted.

had the same thing happen to me,all i did was odin cwr again and it worked

nemesis2all

Sep 14, 2010
Columbia, SC
If anyone wants to take the time and use the settings I changed for mounting system and create a signed zip to alleviate issues people have on stock recovery feel free to do so. If not I might get around to it Monday. I am not sure if the mount options will work on stock recovery tho so please make sure you test before hand. I suppose sometimes I think for the most part almost everyone will be using a custom kernel or cwm. Sorry that when I did the zip I didn't take into account all possible situations.

DeezNotes

Apr 14, 2010
Baltimore
I cannot get busy box to stick. Any ideas?
I'm currently on stock ED03 and I was only able to get busybox to stick by using adb to push busybox to /system/xbin while in CWM 3.x. I forgot the link, but there was a download that had the rage.bin, Superuser.apk, su and busybox files with the instructions to manually root. I ignored all that.. used this Superuser zip in CWM and pushed busybox manually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New su.zip. Just changed updater-script and update binary to work with mount.wrapper we are using on our custom kernels. Will work from stock phone as well. Script is edify but will work with cwm2.5 as well.

Directions
    Download su-2.3.6.1.x.zip and place on your sdcard.
    Odin cwm if you do not have it.
    Boot into cwm recovery.
    Flash zip
    Reboot
    Profit
    If im not being lazy later today i'll go ahead and create an odin package for the latest CWM 3.x with voodoo options.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App