[MOD] 4.3 BLE libraries+xml for every ROM (stock or custom)

Search This thread

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Here are flashable .zip files to bring BLE support to any tuna (should work on also on toro and toroplus yes) device on any 4.3 ROM. Attached also the restore .zip to restore the files as they were.

Based on the commit, files by manuel naranjo: https://github.com/manuelnaranjo/an...mmit/31756f3c0f364c9c7d07e8813a8b806ec0ddaded , so props to him

I've attached also the same files for grouper N7 and manta N10. Don't have the stock files for those, that's why I didn't made any .zips, but feel free to try them.

Test it out on BLE devices and post some feedback. As of the time being Fitbit doesn't sync with Android 4.3 API yet, but it should see the device.

1st August 2013 : Anyone who flashed the previous version, please reflash the version 2 posted below.
1) first flash 4.3_BLE-tunaRESTORE2.zip to revert and delete the wrongly permission file
2) flash 4.3_BLE-tuna2.zip for proper permission file placement

I've made a mistake when making the updater-script, so the .xml permission file was placed into /etc instead of /etc/permissions, sorry for that :|.

24th August 2013 - Since I've surprisingly got a good offer to sell the Galaxy Nexus, user wbedard said he'll make sure to keep this support alive. He compiled GN, N7 flashable JWR66Y zips for BLE , posted here. Thanks !

Attachments

• 4.3_BLE-tuna2.zip
    739.8 KB · Views: 4,702
  • 4.3_BLE-tunaRESTORE2.zip
    612.7 KB · Views: 2,282
Last edited:

CommanderROR

May 4, 2008
I flashed this on a Stock 4.3 ROM...I don't think it works.
BLE scanner 0.1 says "no BLE support, just as it did on Stock without this zip.
Can anyone else try this?

You can fimd the BLE Scanner in the 10.2 test build thread on page 29

Reactions: eja7

madd0g

May 8, 2010

You're correct, I've made a mistake in the updater-script, so the permission file wasn't in /etc/permissions, that's why the API check for BLE permission failed. It works now, please see #1 post. Thanks for noticing ! Here's the test with https://github.com/tadejkolino/BLECheck .

Screenshot_2013-08-01-14-15-11.png

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Hey madd0g, awesome! :)
I don't know which way is better, just deleting the lines or force enabling! ;P
But, great work, just clicked 5 stars!

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Great!

What is that app you are using? Seems to be different from BLEscan...

Something I threw together when Carlos and I were talking about BLE support and needed a quick way to check if this is it. It uses the API check for the BLE permission file. Check out the github link for method used.

Last edited:

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Hey madd0g, awesome! :)
I don't know which way is better, just deleting the lines or force enabling! ;P
But, great work, just clicked 5 stars!

I guess both work :p

I posted this since I use a stock Google image personally and since it's possible to flash it separately it might be useful for people who aren't into custom ROM's or heavy addons. Thanks :]

betizad

Nov 7, 2009

Could you please put the link of the thread containing the BLE scanner 0.1 App? I can't find it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are flashable .zip files to bring BLE support to any tuna (should work on also on toro and toroplus yes) device on any 4.3 ROM. Attached also the restore .zip to restore the files as they were.

Based on the commit, files by manuel naranjo: https://github.com/manuelnaranjo/an...mmit/31756f3c0f364c9c7d07e8813a8b806ec0ddaded , so props to him

I've attached also the same files for grouper N7 and manta N10. Don't have the stock files for those, that's why I didn't made any .zips, but feel free to try them.

Test it out on BLE devices and post some feedback. As of the time being Fitbit doesn't sync with Android 4.3 API yet, but it should see the device.

1st August 2013 : Anyone who flashed the previous version, please reflash the version 2 posted below.
    1) first flash 4.3_BLE-tunaRESTORE2.zip to revert and delete the wrongly permission file
    2) flash 4.3_BLE-tuna2.zip for proper permission file placement

I've made a mistake when making the updater-script, so the .xml permission file was placed into /etc instead of /etc/permissions, sorry for that :|.

24th August 2013 - Since I've surprisingly got a good offer to sell the Galaxy Nexus, user wbedard said he'll make sure to keep this support alive. He compiled GN, N7 flashable JWR66Y zips for BLE , posted here. Thanks !
    Excellent, I'll make sure to update post #1 when you'll release something

Well, here are the flashable zips for the Nexus 7 (grouper) and Galaxy Nexus (tuna). I built these myself from the AOSP source (JWR66Y) and incorporated the BLE mods from Cyanogenmod (basically enabling a feature that Google disabled). I have flashed each of them on my own devices and they appear to work without any errors. I tested each device against my Misfit Shine, which is a BLE device and it shows up as an available device.

As for the Nexus 10 (manta), I note that Google has not yet posted the graphics drivers for Android 4.3 and so I cannot build the libraries for this device. Additionally, I don't have a Nexus 10 to test with. Anyhow, if and when those add'l drivers are released, I will build the libraries for manta and update this post.

[Edit]
    Here are the MD5 checksums for the attached files. Please check these against the copies you download to ensure they are intact!
    BLE4grouper_AOSP_JWR66Y.zip - AB2C574DDE79C651EB778665DFBE8852
    BLE4tuna_AOSP_JWR66Y.zip - 5D863ABEE3FA5ED3880198CE70697E49
    [/Edit]

Enjoy!

R/
    wbedard
    [MOD][4.4.2] BLE LIbraries for Nexus 10 (manta)

I have attached a build providing patched libraries which enable BT 4.0 LE support for the Nexus 10 (manta) under Android KitKat 4.4.2. The patch can be flashed from your typical custom recovery.

While the patch is a simple one and known to work, this actual build is untested by me as I do not have access to a Nexus 10. Therefor, I am also attaching a zip file that restores the stock Bluetooth libraries for the Nexus 10. As a side note, the stock libraries were not extracted from the Google-provided factory images but were also built by me from the un-patched AOSP source code. In the unlikely event that something goes horribly wrong and I am not available to help, one can fully restore their device by re-flashing the system image provided by Google using a computer and ADB.

Feel free to post any questions or concerns and I will help out as best I can!

R/
    wbedard
    [MOD][4.4.2] BLE LIbraries for Nexus 7 (grouper)

I have attached the new build including the patched libraries enabling BT 4.0 LE support for the Nexus 7 (grouper) under Android KitKat 4.4.2. The file can be flashed from your typical custom recovery. It has been tested on and only suitable for the indicated device running the indicated operating system or one closely based on it.

Reviewing this thread, I note requests for similar support for the Nexus 10 (mantaray). Additionally, I have previously provided similar support for the Galaxy Nexus (tuna). I do plan to create a similar build for mantaray this weekend. However, since I don't have a Nexus 10 to test it on, I will have to rely on actual users to notify me of any problems. Since the process is very simple, I think the risk of any problems is quite low.

As for the tuna platform, since Google does not have a build target for tuna in Android 4.4.2, I will not be able to provide a build for that platform. However, as was mentioned previously, the patches that I am using come from the CyanogenMod project and they are providing nightly builds of CM11 for the tuna platform. Most custom ROMs derived from CyanogenMod will almost certainly retain the BLE patches.

Feel free to post any questions or concerns and I will help out as best I can!

[Update: I have added an add'l ZIP that will revert the patch back to stock libraries. This will be needed when/if you need to apply an OTA update from Google.]

[Update2: After finally updating my own Nexus7, I realized that the "stock" libraries that I recently added won't work with an OTA update. The reason is that, although I compiled them from AOSP source code, the checksums won't match what the OTA is expecting since Google uses a different build environment than I do. So, I have re-built my "stock" ZIP to include the files actually present in the Android 4.4.2 factory image. I have used this "stock" ZIP file to update my own device so I know it works. As always though, let me know if you have any issues!]

R/
    wbedard
    Bluetooth 4.0 LE support for Nexus 10 (manta) running Android 5.0.1 (LRX22C)

@brinko99, @krey, @Bonoboo
    Hi All,

After much delay (my apologies), I have at least an initial cut at a patch that will (could?) provide BT LE support for the Nexus 10 running Android 5.0.1. I cannot emphasize enough that this patch is completely untested by me and I can imagine a lot of reasons why it might not work. However, I can also assure you that if you have the ability to apply this patch, you also have the ability to fix things if the patch breaks anything.

Here's the details on what I am providing and how I assembled them. The patch file "BLE4manta_AOSP_LRX22C_patch.zip" was build by me using the official AOSP source code. That code was modified using a simple patch from Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.x) that simply reverts an earlier patch by Google that disabled BT LE functionality for several Nexus devices, including the Nexus 10. Although the patch is a very simply one, there were a lot of changes in the AOSP codebase btwn Android 4.x and Android 5.x and that is the major risk factor in why this patch might not work. Additionally, the Android file structure changed a bit between 4.x and 5.x so some of the files I replaced in Android 4.x don't exist in Android 5.x. I compared the system directories btwn what I built and what Google provides in their factory image and tried to identify all the files associated with the bluetooth software stack. Although I might have included some files that weren't affected by the patch, an additional risk is that I might have missed some important files. If that is the case, users will just have to wait until the Cyanogenmod developers develop the CM12 (Android 5.x) source code, which they have started on only recently.

With that out of the way, if something does go wrong, the file "BLE4manta_AOSP_LRX22C_stock.zip" will replace all affected files (4 files in total) with the ones provided in the Android factory image. That should put your device back to pre-patch condition. Although I likely don't have the skills to make many changes to this patch if it doesn't work, I would welcome any feedback, especially if you need help reverting the patch. If it does work though, you can enjoy the knowledge that you're likely some of the first people to enjoy Bluetooth 4.0 LE support for the Nexus 10 under Android Lollipop! Good luck and let me know how it goes...:)

R/
    wbedard