Hello, I know that maybe some input it difficult to understand, but I wonder how to implement this mod on the Nexus 7-WIFI 2012 model. Already that the absence of 3G, some will see its implementation absurd, but the reality is that in order to use Pirate Box on Android, is a MUST. I do not have much knowledge of Android at these levels, but if I have many years working with Informatic, if someone puediese give me guidelines on how to make it work, and create the MOD, contributed as needed.
Without more, a greeting, and sorry for my English by google!
Thanks, I am a beginner but after some beads of sweat, i was able to get it.
Therefore the "patch" are definitely working also on release 4.4.4
Suggestions for other beginners:
- layout of the tool TWRP Manager is changed.
- You have to install the application and then go to "Install TWRP" menu.
- the device name for a Nexus 7 3g 2012 (2012 - if you have only a camera in front of the screen is a 2012 version; if you have 2 camera it is a 2013 version) is "tilapia"
- click on "install recovery" and follow the steps. I was not sure if the path showed was correct or not and i select "yes". (i know...); the system reboot.
- after this, you have to go in the menu "Install" and click on "Add Zip" and select the package that you have already downloaded and saved on the "virtual SD" of your tablet.
- follow the steps and pry.... After reboot, the tethering was available. I tested it and it works.
Thanks to all developers and people helping us to make these staff a little bit more easy.
I just compiled a stock kernel from the sources with RNDIS support, and USB tethering works just fine.
All you need is to flash this modified boot.img along with the tether zip found in the first post. Windows will still need a driver to recognize the device, use attached driver.zip or follow this guide.